Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Parent's Mobile Plan

Options
  • 23-04-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I am listed as an authorised contact on my Dad's mobile account as he is not able to call himself. I have been trying to change his plan on his behalf, but your reps have refused to do this for me.

How can I get it (or anything) changed in this instance? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am listed as an authorised contact on my Dad's mobile account as he is not able to call himself. I have been trying to change his plan on his behalf, but your reps have refused to do this for me.

How can I get it (or anything) changed in this instance? 
    Hi A Disgrace, 

I'm afraid the account holder is only allowed make any changes to the account, the authorised user is not. If your dad is with you, they can speak with him to confirm he is ok with the changes being made and they can then go ahead with the order. 

You will also need to pass the DPA questions on the call.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Well, I did ring at the weekend and spoke to a rep who assured me that this would be possible. I also put my Dad on the phone to confirm.

Could you tell me how we could arrange a change of ownership in this instance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Well, I did ring at the weekend and spoke to a rep who assured me that this would be possible. I also put my Dad on the phone to confirm.

Could you tell me how we could arrange a change of ownership in this instance?
    I'm sorry to hear this, the change can be made once your Dad agrees to it.  

If you wish to change ownership on the account, the customer care team on 1901 will need to arrange this for you. It will require the account to be closed down and a new one set up. They will be able to advise you on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement