Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 23-04-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I have been with Airtricity since end of February 2016. I was on their budget plan with a direct debit monthly. I have always been in credit. This March I decided to move to energia. Signed up and cancelled D/D with my bank. Received a call to say I was still in contract with airtricity until 6th April and if I left before I would have to pay €50.. Paid the March payment over the phone as D/D was cancelled. Cancelled Energia and made the move on the 7th April. Received my final bill which I was expecting around €70 but it was €168. They have increased my charges backdated to 17th February and say it was because D/D was cancelled. Has anyone had this problem. I would have been better off paying the €50 penalty even though I dont know how the date changed to April as my budget plan was from February to February. Has anyone had a similar experiance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Post split out from old thread and moved to thread of its own.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

As much as I despise airtricity, the final bill is probably correct as it would include an exact meter reading and charged for all usage to that date rather than it being spread equally over the quiet summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,017 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There would have been a discount for paying DD but probably single digit percentages. How often were you getting actual meter readings rather than estimates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Their site gives you the info
    https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/help-centre/budget-plan/budget-plan/what-is-sse-airtricity-budget-plan/

Eg, you use 1200 a year and they charge you 100/month.

However, most of your useage is in winter months.

If you were paying actual use, nov/dec and jan/feb would probably be €150/month, but to allow you budget they effectively give you some credit and collect it during the summer months when your useage would be much lower than the monthly payment.

By leaving just before summer, your bill will be higher as you are finishing with them and the extra usage now has to be paid immediately rather than over a few months.

Advertisement