Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TCD incoming 2018

Options
  • 23-04-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey!

I am an American student going to study at Trinity this fall (European Studies). I just wanted to open up a thread where people can meet other incoming students! This is also a good place to talk about Halls/Accommodation since I know, at least for me personally, there are few questions about that.

So if you like, just write down below a bit about yourself including your major, make some friends, ask any questions you have as a first year and hopefully somebody will have some answers :D.

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Katnissk

Hi there! I'm a sixth year and hoping to study European studies too!!!(if all goes well with the cao). Heard that European Studies is a really interesting course and you have a range of modules to choose from!!! Tcd looks like a lovely college and everyone is so friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 usa2irl

@katnissk

Oh, awesome!! I'm really excited to start European Studies! And sorry for my American ignorance, but is 6th year like your last year of secondary school? Where you take your leaving cert and apply to university?

usa2irl wrote: »
    @katnissk

Oh, awesome!! I'm really excited to start European Studies! And sorry for my American ignorance, but is 6th year like your last year of secondary school? Where you take your leaving cert and apply to university?

Don't worry, you're grand! And yes it is, basically the year you need to complete before getting into college I'm not sure what it's equivalent to in America! :D

@katnissk

Oh, ok! We call that Senior year here, or just 12th grade. So when did you send in your cao? When do you hear back?

@katnissk

Oh, ok! We call that Senior year here, or just 12th grade. So when did you send in your cao? When do you hear back?

I applied for the cao in January but it's a weird process in that we won't know if we get our course until August 20th, so we graduate in 4 weeks but in June we need to do a set of exams so I'll be doing maths, English, Irish, home ec, German,geography and biology. And the grade you get will determine how many points you get and the higher the points the higher your chance is of getting your course so European Studies was 520 last year and the highest it's been was 540 so I'm aiming for 550 just to be safe. The max points anyone can get is 625 as they count your best six!

• Advertisement

That sounds so stressful bc you don't know till so late! But I'll bet you do great considering you're aiming so high. Best of luck! And let me know if it works out, it'd be nice to know someone going in :)

That sounds so stressful bc you don't know till so late! But I'll bet you do great considering you're aiming so high. Best of luck! And let me know if it works out, it'd be nice to know someone going in :)

Awww thank you! The minute you get here you'll love Dublin for sure!! Hope to see you in September and good luck with everything as well! :)

Advertisement