Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets discuss the infraction I received in a civilized manner

Options
  • 23-04-2018 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

Edit* : The Thread was in ''After Hours'' . I could not find the option to mark it as such in the dropdown menu above.

I was accused of being "far right " by someone who tends to popup disagreeing with me a lot but who in my opinion has main arguments characterised by meaningless noise.

I was provoked into responding by calling that person a ''crypto Islamofascist.''

Now in my view his accusation towards me was slander. However there is a very strong case in my view that my response is valid.

Regardless of a difference of opinions - There is zero evidence that I am far right. It was intended as a dirty slanderous insult. Its highly offensive to me and derails all my arguments to be completely and arrogantly dismissed as ''far right''
    There is zero evidence that I am marching with skinheads wearing jackboots or have advocated any extreme actions of any sort. Thats absolutely ridiculous. I'm deeply offended and hurt by that and if my response is removed why is this slander of my online persona allowed to remain ? It was posted in order to provoke an emotional response from me and shut me up via authoritarianism and it worked.

The question I would have is why the inconsistency from moderators ? I would argue either censor us both or censor neither of us .

The moderator in question handed out an infraction, threatened a ban next time and left the slander in place on the thread I started. How is this fair and reasonable ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK, let’s start with the first step in the DRP process.

Have you attempted to discuss the action with the mod by PM, and attempted to work it out bwteen you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

dudara wrote: »
    OK, let’s start with the first step in the DRP process.

Have you attempted to discuss the action with the mod by PM, and attempted to work it out bwteen you?

Yes I did thankyou .Now I accept that my language was strong however I really really only want to have reasonable discussions with people and felt that I was returning fire to neutralise the source of the slander.

I do not find it reasonable to be referred to as 'far right' . I had a look at stor*front many years ago and felt physically sick in my stomach . I'm strongly not far right. I had started a thread about free speech and the response to my being concerned with free speech was to call me far right. How would that be anything but slander intended to derail my thread and ruin my reputation ?

The moderator took the view that I was not being insulted and deleted my post but left the one which insulted me. I dont understand. How could you go into a public forum and call someone far right without being liable for slander or libel ?

(Ive never discussed an infraction before so unsure what the process here is so might be a little slow or inefficient here)

I am not going to discuss the action with you - it is not the appropriate point in the process. The process is available as a flowchart diagram at the top of this forum (although I believe it doesn't display on mobile/touch)

Can you confirm that you have attempted to resolve with the moderator by PM, and they have declined to rescind it? If that is the case, then I'll move to the next step and ask a CMod to review

dudara wrote: »
    I am not going to discuss the action with you - it is not the appropriate point in the process. The process is available as a flowchart diagram at the top of this forum (although I believe it doesn't display on mobile/touch)

Can you confirm that you have attempted to resolve with the moderator by PM, and they have declined to rescind it? If that is the case, then I'll move to the next step and ask a CMod to review

Yes thats the case. ThankYou. I was pointed in the direction of the helpdesk and this forum when I asked if I had any options.

I'm not just concerned with the infraction. I am also concerned with how I was also told that the post calling me ''far right'' was allowed to remain despite being deliberate bait from someone who has disagreed with me on many such things before.

Thanks for confirming. I’ll ask the CMods to review now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Please send me (or post here) your pm exchange with the relevant moderator.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Please send me (or post here) your pm exchange with the relevant moderator.

sorry I did not see your response until now . I will do as you request later on thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

Could you send me on the pm exchange if you wish to continue with this DRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No response in 3 weeks.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement