Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Charges and Fees

• 23-04-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am going to (hopefully) graduate soon so I will no longer have the privilege of having a free student account.

What bank is the best when it comes to account charges and fees?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/financial-comparisons/current-account-comparison/ - EBS Money Manager -no brainer!

Link with Revolut to give you a good app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Delta2113 wrote: »

On the numbers, yes but needs to come with a health warning that ...

1. Debit card is not contactless
    2. Website (even after a major revamp a few weeks ago) is not mobile-friendly
    3. No mobile app

I have a MM a/c so not knocking them but anyone thinking of opening an account needs to be aware of the restrictions outlined above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

That's why I mentioned link with Revolut to give great app,contactless feature. Beats paying the likes of BOI or the Post Office for example.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I use N26 as my main day-to-day current account. I have an EBS MoneyManager account as a bricks-and-mortar backup. And Revolut is the icing on the cake.

And of course, all for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Hey OP, what will you be using your main bank account for exactly.

If you just want a current account with free fees and contactless etc then N26 is a very good option. It also has an overdraft option if required.

If you are looking for a credit card/savings account then depending on how much money you deposit every month, KBC may be an option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement