Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best timber prices Kildare

Options
  • 23-04-2018 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm located in Rathangan, and normally if I have small amounts of timber to buy I get it in Willoughby's in Monasterevin.

However, I plan on building a raised playhouse/treehouse during the summer, and I was wondering if anybody had recommendations relatively close to me for buy larger amounts of timber at reasonable (or dare I say it, cheap) prices

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

cletus wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm located in Rathangan, and normally if I have small amounts of timber to buy I get it in Willoughby's in Monasterevin.

However, I plan on building a raised playhouse/treehouse during the summer, and I was wondering if anybody had recommendations relatively close to me for buy larger amounts of timber at reasonable (or dare I say it, cheap) prices

Cheers in advance

I believe from people in the building industry that Clane providers won’t be beaten. Might be worth ringing for a quote, I personally have no experience however .

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Willoughby's quoted me €88 a sheet of 3/4 marine ply, when the average is €60/65 anywhere else.

Two months ago I was working near Monasterevin and I was stuck for 2 compression olives/rings and they wanted €2. Anywhere else would be 20/30 cent each. Woodies, as dear as they are, will give you two nuts and rings for €2 ffs.

Try McMahons in Portarlington or Kildare builder providers before going anywhere near Willoughbys.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

I did something similar last year, I went through advert.ie, a seller called dooco from Dooley timber in Carlow.

Easy to deal with, very happy with price

Search for "Pressure treated barrel board 4.8m long" an you will find hime

Advertisement