Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

So... I think I'm going to be in trouble

long-neck-reaction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That hurts my eyes....

Are serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Tape that was on it was ruined, I've a Ring of Kerry Saturday and all I could lay my hands on. Have prologo tape on order

Although, this stuff does feel real nice :/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Tape that was on it was ruined, I've a Ring of Kerry Saturday and all I could lay my hands on. Have prologo tape on order

Although, this stuff does feel real nice :/

The mount though.... Does it really need to be like that?

The tape I'd live with for one weekend.

Mount is normally flatter but I'd just had it off when fitting the tape.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »

No, no excuse for Jimmy not taking a black marker to it . If you need help Jimmy I'll lend you the baby , she's getting good at the old colouring in :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

so i'm alone in a 'what's the big deal' reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

so i'm alone in a 'what's the big deal' reaction?

Not at all. If it works, it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Anyone got any hints on locking bike up on Dollymount strand? Where to lock or whether to even think of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Anyone got any hints on locking bike up on Dollymount strand? Where to lock or whether to even think of it?

Dig a hole in the sand (above high tide obviously) and bury it. Nobody will be able to see it to rob then...

• Advertisement

OTOH, the nearest stands are at St. Anne's Park at the top of the causeway with another set at the inner end of the wooden bridge.

Drop it into 360 for a service...

I was stopped outside the rolling donut last night after finishing a boxing class so I was in tshirt, shorts and regular trainers and my helmet was still in my bag cos i'd walked from training to the coffee shop, the bike was about 2 metres away from me. Guy walks up, noses around it, looks inside the shop, looks around, walks back out, walks away then walks back and noses again then asks 'how much did ya pay for the bike?'

He was clearly trying to suss if I owned the bike so I answered with 'look, just ask me if it's mine and yes it is so you won't be robbing it today', he just walked away then. You really can't have anything nice in this place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Cinelli Mike Giant tape. It's nice. I have it on handlebars I use if cycling track bike to track (So I can use brakes)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've currently go this one on my commuter

BTBRCBT-YRB_P1.jpg

dahat wrote: »

I didn't even notice the tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

Raam wrote: »
    I didn't even notice the tape.

It’s the first thing I noticed, it’s beautiful.

Though the mount is, well it’s awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Why do you need your phone stuck to your handlebars like that, are you planning on watching Netflix on the spin into work like some drivers I see in the morning?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Why do you need your phone stuck to your handlebars like that, are you planning on watching Netflix on the spin into work like some drivers I see in the morning?

Tis a Garmin. But yeah, that angle!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Raam wrote: »
    Tis a Garmin. But yeah, that angle!

Its a monstrosity, call it anything else and i will call you a liar good sir.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that garmin is probably costing you 15W mounted like that.

• Advertisement

that garmin is probably costing you 15W mounted like that.

Not at all. It reduces the downforce on the front wheel making for lighter, more agile cornering...

The Garmin isn't actually *that* big, and it was still a bit loose there having been off to change the bar tape

Garmin.jpg

i've always said that the junction i'm wariest of is the one where the rock road crosses the bottom of booterstown avenue; thankfully it didn't look like there were any bystanders involved (i think) but i passed earlier with gardai marshalling the junction, looked like a bad shunt between two cars, one ended up half mounting the footpath.
    looks like the collision was between a car heading inbound, and one outbound but swinging right up onto booterstown avenue, the very sort of collision you have to be wary of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

He's over half way through Ohio now while Balch is just part way into Indiana. His average speed seems to have increased to 28.8km/h (which includes any stopped time). Incredible stuff.

(Doesn't seem to be going well for Barr. Now about 1200kms behind Strasser.)
    Strasser has crossed the finish line after 8 days and 4 hours in the saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Strasser has crossed the finish line after 8 days and 4 hours in the saddle.
    Joe Barr crossing Indiana and way off the mark this year - looks like he's over 1,200kms behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Think Joe will be ranked in his age category? He just turned 60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Having a bit of a daily struggle carrying cable lock on the bike. Tried wrapping around seatpost, intertwined with u lock and top tube etc., but always seems to unravel. Any idiot-proof methods suggested?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anyone have any leads on a plastic free bidon? That's not metal. I can't seem to find a plastic free sports bottle, or one you don't have to open with both hands, or metal. I really thought there'd be something out there already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Advertisement