Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Weepsie wrote: »
    Would be quicker still if the lights on Snugborough road didn't take 5 mins to run through their sequence.
    Nip through the Hospital, or Roselawn depending on which end of snugborough Rd you're coming from, and you can miss those lights entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

67740168_2893019937405665_7470218475990941696_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmYQRSM8dc-1wQN3j7Sjxj8BPqTbVX4BOJE07Nzo7TnG5AempDjRUQm6UReM_0h_iQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=6bda6a1f9091080d07889ba17188e82d&oe=5DA0BC73

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Aesthetically I really don't mind,

You Sick Fcuk......

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

RobFowl wrote: »
    You Sick Fcuk......

a wheel within a wheel is aesthetically more pleasing in my opinion...*ducks*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

colm18 wrote: »
    a wheel within a wheel is aesthetically more pleasing in my opinion...*ducks*

Any excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

CramCycle wrote: »
    @Mickiemcfist no one needs disc brakes unless MTBing, wanting them in any other scenario is peculiar in my opinion and while most of my life I like to make the more unusual choices, Disc brakes are simply wrong both aesthetically and otherwise.

I love disc brakes.

Recently, a friend of mine bought a new bike, one with disc brakes.
    Because they were no longer of use to him, he gifted me his rim brake carbon race wheels. They are Roval Rapide CLXs, 60mm, in perfect condition, only racing miles on them.If I had to buy them, I'd never own them.

I just love disc brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Any excuse
    I went here first:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Yea I started the process not having any interest in cycling or bikes, it was purely for the efficiency (time) & bought a basic commuter road bike on Decathlon for 250 because "all road bikes look the same". However I do now occasionally catch myself admiring other peoples bikes at traffic lights, convincing myself I "need" disc brakes or perusing through ads that I see on this forum. So my time of saving 1k plus per year may be shortlived!

However I'm unquestionably fitter & healthier, which is even more important.

You're unfortunately going to need several other bikes, for different pedally occasions.
    Any thoughts to the contrary are pure denial.

I got a disc braked bike recently and I'm a total convert. They're just better. I've hydro ultegra and they're just brilliant.
    They are uglier though. Indisputibly so :P

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Bit of rain in North Yorkshire today with bridge due to be part of the World Road Racing Champs washed away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Bit of rain in North Yorkshire today with bridge due to be part of the World Road Racing Champs washed away

Even the roads there are soft, can't handle a wee bit o rain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,426 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Beasty wrote: »
    sod it, it's a CX course now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,890 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

sod it, it's a CX course now.

presumably it's at the bottom of a hill, just put in a ramp...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,426 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Rothar are closing their fade st. shop:

https://twitter.com/CafeRothar/status/1156847083292377088

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That's a pity. I bought a few things there, as I passed it on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

To be fair I often thought their rent must be unbelievable there, I'd say itll probably make room for another crap bar.

that's pretty much what my wife said when i mentioned it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In the dublin city forum
    meepins wrote: »
    Found bikelock today 2nd August in the Phoenix Park. Saw the cyclist but was unable to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just watching the women's ride London...there is one proper tight turn on the course...reminds of that hairpin in the Monaco F1 gran prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Came back yesterday from a weekend in Copenhagen, what a paradise for bicycles. The only public transport we took was the train from the airport, rented bikes for the weekend and it was just an absolute joy. I'd knew it was a supposed to be a mecca for cycling but seeing it in action and using it was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'm doing this little trip this weekend, setting off on the 2am ferry Saturday morning then 10pm ferry out of Liverpool Saturday night. About 350kms of cycling so not bad, hopefully the weather stays somewhat decent. I don't think my ferry back stops at IOM, it's just the nly way it shows on Google Maps

• Advertisement

I'm doing this little trip this weekend, setting off on the 2am ferry Saturday morning then 10pm ferry out of Liverpool Saturday night. About 350kms of cycling so not bad, hopefully the weather stays somewhat decent. I don't think my ferry back stops at IOM, it's just the nly way it shows on Google Maps

Scratch that, return sailing cancelled by Stena. Ffs

https://twitter.com/RBWM/status/1159107535045087233

gotta love the council retweeting the same reply to all questions, no matter what specific detail the question is asking for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

For anyone buying off CRC, still better paying in sterling, upto 5% price difference in some products.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Scratch that, return sailing cancelled by Stena. Ffs

Could you return via Holyhead, take in the north of Wales

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Or Fishguard. North Wales to South west. It's lumpy and coast is nice. Come back via rosslare?

Though sailing might be canes due to wind warnings on West coast of the UK

Considered that but no bookings available on the return ferry.

Or Fishguard. North Wales to South west. It's lumpy and coast is nice. Come back via rosslare?

Though sailing might be canes due to wind warnings on West coast of the UK

Also considered that but that means an overnight and I need to be back in Dublin for 6pm Sunday at the very very latest.

I've something on Saturday that I was missing that I'll get to now and we'll do the trip in September

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

gotta love the council retweeting the same reply to all questions, no matter what specific detail the question is asking for.

Yeah, it's quite silly (boilerplate reply follows this immediately, just like so many others in the thread):
    https://twitter.com/immaggi/status/1159134304141750272

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've been threatening to do this for about ten years now but next year is the year I'll finally do it, if anyone wants to join in?

e8c731_007f7726ba8c4d4b938bf6fac4879edd~mv2.webp

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

So many LOLs. The futile copy/pasta long after the point it becomes obvious that canned responses aren't going to keep a lid on it. The sheer lack of realisation that posting something like that on social media is only going to result in more cyclists going to the cafe, not less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Did Ryan Mullen bail out of the UEC TT? I only see Eddie on the start list.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement