Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I use the old style site layout, minimalist. No ads, no sig pics, no avatars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

How do you get to the old style layout?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

a mate of mine was asking me about strava and relive, for generating visuals of hikes he's been on; but since strava have cut off relive, does anyone know of any other options?
    it doesn't have to be strava; he's not a cyclist, is agnostic on which app to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

a mate of mine was asking me about strava and relive, for generating visuals of hikes he's been on; but since strava have cut off relive, does anyone know of any other options?
    it doesn't have to be strava; he's not a cyclist, is agnostic on which app to use.

You can import fit, gpx, or tcx directly to relive on their website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

List of apps here https://www.strava.com/apps/visualizer or
    but this one is very similar https://ayvri.com

https://ayvri.com/scene/nxkwdegy58/ck16ioc4x00013a67gkm5zc5e

You can login with Strava but requires a manual upload of files

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

My Garmin 520 Edge stopped bluetoothing to my phone in the last week. 3 years old but still communicated with PM and HRM. Factor6y reset and multiple tries to repair (pairs but then keeps listing as disconnected).
    Any idea's before I just get a new or SH one??

Could it be your phone that's the issue? also worth rolling back the firmware. Happened with my 510 so I rolled it back and the BT worked again as normal

instructions and link to the site with firmware versions are here.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-know-how-to-roll-back-garmin-software/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RobFowl wrote: »
    My Garmin 520 Edge stopped bluetoothing to my phone in the last week. 3 years old but still communicated with PM and HRM. Factor6y reset and multiple tries to repair (pairs but then keeps listing as disconnected).
    This video suggests getting both devices to "forget" each other, disable WiFi on the phone, disable Bluetooth on both, and then reboot both. After that, reenable Bluetooth and try pairing again before reenabling WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

RobFowl wrote: »

Strangely my 820 has started being awkward in the same fashion. I had to connect it to a PC on Saturday to sync a ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

bp_me wrote: »
    Strangely my 820 has started being awkward in the same fashion. I had to connect it to a PC on Saturday to sync a ride.

My 1000 won't upload my ride from Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYiiPuMIQVE

go to 16:39 in, see if we can get some irish entries in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Rechuchote wrote: »
    How do you get to the old style layout?

Go to the bottom of the page and click on full site.

may be of interest to people here:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/535183747252193/

for those not on facebook:

Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 19:00
    Friends of the Earth Ireland
    9 Upper Mount Street, Dublin, Ireland

This will be the first planning meeting for the ‘Car-free Dublin’ campaign. All and anyone are welcome. The meeting will be held in the Friends of the Earth offices on Mount Street, just off Merrion Square. Just press the buzzer and we’ll let you in

What will be discussed:
    •Group values
    •What are reasonable goals/aims/requests
    •Demonstration ideas

Coming to this meeting does not mean committing yourself to anything. It will be a chance for you to see if the campaign is something you would like to dedicate yourself to. If you are interested, there will be a chance to sign up to a mailing list and/or online group at the end of the meeting.

What to bring:
    •An open mind
    •Ability to listen to others
    •Tolerance & Respect
    •Ideas!
    •Enthusiasm!

Hope to see you there ☺️����

was thinking of heading along to this, wonder if there's any danger of it being postponed though.

If they're truly friends of the earth, they will not postpone based on its appearance.

Some handbags after the racing in Germany today :D

https://twitter.com/wcsbike/status/1179767502894768129

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It looks more Like he took himself down in the clip from the race, are their other angles?

You need to skip to the end for it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

You need to skip to the end for it

First of all, last 15km, I was singing "always look on the bright side of life" I really though it was Brians.

Secondly, that camera view still makes it look like it wasn't Sunwebs fault at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Interesting conversation going on over in the golf forum 'Cycling popularity affecting golfing numbers'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058020054

I actually used to play a bit of golf and it's an expensive business, I'd say there was well north of 1400quid in my bag, decent balls were €50 a dozen and then each round was anytihng from €30-€60 on your average course. I find cycling infinitely more enjoyable than golf, a round is ruined by rain whereas rain doesn't bother me on the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Interesting conversation going on over in the golf forum 'Cycling popularity affecting golfing numbers'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058020054

I actually used to play a bit of golf and it's an expensive business, I'd say there was well north of 1400quid in my bag, decent balls were €50 a dozen and then each round was anytihng from €30-€60 on your average course. I find cycling infinitely more enjoyable than golf, a round is ruined by rain whereas rain doesn't bother me on the bike.

The person who spends on cycling will likely spend on golf to.

Neither sport need to be expensive, and the idea that cycling is can be a barrier to entry.

Since 2012 I've got by with a €1000 b2w alu Lapierre and a 2nd hand Genesis equilibrium for €550. There is also an awesome €350 Ridley cx in the stable for off road adventure.

I love to see riders in high end bikes, and indeed some of my occasional group ride some bikes well north of €5k, but a big spend isn't necessary to enjoy cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Interesting conversation going on over in the golf forum 'Cycling popularity affecting golfing numbers' .

In my earlier cycling days there were articles about how titanium was being made more expensive (for bicycle frames) due to golfers' appetite for the new metal for their drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Yes, I find the emphasis (which I understood and which is my general attitude) on making it clear that you could actually cycle quite respectable distances with minimal preparation in normal clothing has given way to a repudiation of lycra-wearing among both infrastructure advocates (at least the Copenhagenize wing) and people who despise cycling in all its forms.

It's just stretchy clothing. No-one is making you wear it.

If anyone is in London for Halloween, likes canapés and has a £100 to spare, there's an evening with Greg LeMond run by Rouleur and Sigma sports it seems

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/in-conversation-with-greg-lemond-tickets-73149589391

so 9m to be allocated in the budget for greenways and cycling infrastructure.
    as pointed out on twitter, that's the same cost for providing 300m of the proposed galway bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

get FG out now, farce.

9 million ? Is that they charge for painting a line on the side of the road these days :eek:

• Advertisement

HOOOYEAH
    i just won caption competition of the week on GCN's weekly show.

Advertisement