Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Cant imagine they'd be putting out much more than the equivalent in trucks or buses idling. Would be interesting to see the results none the less

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I just walked through the tractors, a lot of them are running but there is only about 25 of them

I just walked past too, couldn't figure out why they are running. The exhaust smell was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

I was just happy to be able to cross Upper Baggot St without fear of getting run over.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I've purchased unflavoured in error and now need to get it flavoured, any ideas?

Raw cocoa powder?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just came across this tweet which according to one reply "they are just pretending to step over *something*. The people in the cars can't see what that might be, which should bring home to them that they have a serious blindspot when behind the wheel."

https://twitter.com/fietsprofessor/status/1199344004699062272

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Idleater wrote: »
    I just walked past too, couldn't figure out why they are running. The exhaust smell was bad.

Did they smell of Benjy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Appropos of absolutely nothing, I joined An Garda Siochana on this day 45 years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,428 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Appropos of absolutely nothing, I joined An Garda Siochana on this day 45 years ago.
    and from a few months ago:
    I did the Tony Golden memorial cycle today.
    Blackrock, Castlebellinham, Knockbridge, Hackballcross, Dundalk, Carlingford, Omeath, Long way up to Long Woman's Grave, Bush, Dundalk, Blackrock.
    115kms at average speed of 36KPH.
    fair bleedin play. i wasn't alive when you joined the force and can only dream of 36km/h.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Do you miss it?
    I am guessing you don't guard anymore but I could be wrong!

• Advertisement

eeeee wrote: »
    Do you miss it?
    I am guessing you don't guard anymore but I could be wrong!

Not a bit.
    Retired 15 years, got out as soon as I could, head melted.

Not a bit.
    Retired 15 years, got out as soon as I could, head melted.

I have an uncle the same. He's counting down the days to retirement now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Amazing.

Unfortunately I was dealing with the Guards in Rathmines this evening, some absolute clown pulled out in front of me from Mount Pleasant Avenue tonight. Just as my shoulder was doing ok its killing me again now. I kind of turned but couldn't get enough. My arms took the brunt and I managed somehow to stay upright

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Check out the An Post electric bikes being tested. Unremarkable, but for the tiny ramp they go over

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/e2i6z9/postmen_out_testing_the_new_electric_bikes/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Weepsie wrote: »
    Check out the An Post electric bikes being tested. Unremarkable, but for the tiny ramp they go over

https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/e2i6z9/postmen_out_testing_the_new_electric_bikes/

I reckon they could be tough work with a heavy side wind. Good idea though if the conditions permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I'd seen the first one, and that's awful. But that second one. Person shouldn't be allowed on the road. Must be a healy rae

To be fair, they're probably not used to gates descending on them out of the sky. They don't teach that in the test.

I'm in Dusseldorf at the minute, bikes and escooters everywhere, I've just used a Lime scooter and it's so handy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

To be fair, they're probably not used to gates descending on them out of the sky. They don't teach that in the test.
    The Chicken Little test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Chicken Little test?
    Chicken Licken?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Chicken Licken?
    Both it seems.

buffalo wrote: »

For fcuk sake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Sitting beside someone who works for Irish Rail yesterday, asked them did they see the video. They went on a list of places that have been hit over the past few days. I hung my head and said, no, these two on twitter. Apparently they missed the Kerry one but said it's daily, the only thing more common is morons getting round the gate and them getting calls from Dart drivers asking about the people on the tracks.

People are stupid.

Went to fit a new tube this morning on the croix de fer. Time to try the self sealing tubes I got ages ago I thought. forgot it used a dunlop valve. The valve too big for the wheel so on the good bike.

Spotted in a Spar in Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just received my first ever road bike last week. A Giant Contend SL2 (2019) It has 700x28 tyres as default.

Am I right in saying, I can put 700x23 and other similar size tyres on if I wanted?

Wanting to get something like this for the turbo trainer.

You did ok there Misky if you got that bike for the price listed on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You did ok there Misky if you got that bike for the price listed on the site.

I did better. Got it for e715 delivered from rutlandcycling :)

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just received my first ever road bike last week. A Giant Contend SL2 (2019) It has 700x28 tyres as default.

Am I right in saying, I can put 700x23 and other similar size tyres on if I wanted?

Wanting to get something like this for the turbo trainer.

Well done.
    You should have no problem with that tyre for the trainer.

Advertisement