Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

Catching up on highlights and races from the weekend. Did anyone watch the Hammer Series on Eurosport player? Makes for some interesting viewing vs the usual pro format.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

strava seems glitchy this evening. wasn't loading properly earlier, and one segment i cycled on the way home, it's telling me that i did it in my second best time (1m57s); and my PR on it is 2m02s.
    anyone noticed any issues with strava this evening? my ride has made it to my garmin connect profile, and it's usually less than a minute before it makes it to strava from there, but it seems to be stuck in the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

anyone noticed any issues with strava this evening? my ride has made it to my garmin connect profile, and it's usually less than a minute before it makes it to strava from there, but it seems to be stuck in the ether.

Yeah. Same here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not this week,but my Garmin 1030 decided that the entire hour I'd just done was going to be corrupted. It's a super computer when it works, and it should always work given it's the absolute top of the range, but it's got little niggles which make me want to throw it against a wall sometimes.

Actually, that said, a previous ride didn't autoupload to Strava fter syncing to Garmin express.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Same here

i disconnected Strava and garmin and reconnected again hoping it would sync but it didn’t. Will see if it syncs both after my spin tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i tried the same, and both sides were reporting no issues on their service availability page. in the end, i just manually exported the file from garmin connect to import into strava. expecting now at some point that it'll pop in a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

i tried the same, and both sides were reporting no issues on their service availability page. in the end, i just manually exported the file from garmin connect to import into strava. expecting now at some point that it'll pop in a second time.

I'm having the same issue since Sunday with a ride. I haven't been out since but I'll see what happens tonight.

On the plus side, the bike shall be Di2 in the coming days/weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Tonight’s ride uploaded automatically, but last nights is still missing. Will have to download the gpx file and uploaded it manually

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Bought some Bont shoes this morning from CycleTribe in the Airport industrial estate. They have a nice little showroom to back up there online operation. Definitely worth a look, loads of Castelli at competitive prices.

i do declare that when you arrive home hot and sweaty on the bike, nothing - and i mean nothing - bates a nice slice of watermelon straight from the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I would put an ice cold can of coke as an equal to that..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd go for a cold beer :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

On an ad for some shifters I saw, I don't know if the cat comes with them, but if they did, I'd be buying

s-l400.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

*insert shut up and take my money gif here*

I feel like I'm cheating on my bike. I'm currently traversing the Peak District on a train

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

P_1 wrote: »
    I feel like I'm cheating on my bike. I'm currently traversing the Peak District on a train
    Your bike knows and is now looking for a new bottom :-)

Luxman wrote: »
    Your bike knows and is now looking for a new bottom :-)

That's some presumption assuming the bike is the top in that relationship :p

P_1 wrote: »
    That's some presumption assuming the bike is the top in that relationship :p

They always are. We like to think they're not, but they are :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

nee wrote: »
    They always are. We like to think they're not, butt they are :D

Fixed.

99.9% of the time i reverse into my driveway in the car, as we live on a busy road. it's usually only in exceptional circumstances that i go nose first. tonight was such a night - as i passed a cyclist near to the house, i realised he was *colossally* drunk and weaving all over the road. i decided that the extra time taken to reverse in might have given him time to catch up with us, which would probably have him plastered all over the car no matter what i did, so i zipped in nose first. i'm amazed he managed to stay on the bike he was so drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

99.9% of the time i reverse into my driveway in the car, as we live on a busy road. it's usually only in exceptional circumstances that i go nose first. tonight was such a night - as i passed a cyclist near to the house, i realised he was *colossally* drunk and weaving all over the road. i decided that the extra time taken to reverse in might have given him time to catch up with us, which would probably have him plastered all over the car no matter what i did, so i zipped in nose first. i'm amazed he managed to stay on the bike he was so drunk.

waiting for someone to do that annoying thing where they would reverse the story now :)

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/bikes-stolen-kilbroney-rostrevor/

Couple of lads had their bikes robbed while looking after another guy who needed to be hospitalised :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

i do declare that when you arrive home hot and sweaty on the bike, nothing - and i mean nothing - bates a nice slice of watermelon straight from the fridge.

Arrived into the gym this evening, locked up calf so foam rolling, stretching and sauna but they had watermelon on the reception desk, I was very grateful, I'd been dicking around Howth Head, RHS of church and Windgate and a bit more. Shagged in this heat

spotted locked outside the local bike shop - a smith and wesson bike. that was a new one on me.

Anyone know if CI raised the entry fee for races this year? Every race I've been to so far is €20, it was €15 last year. I know there used to be a max entry fee, maybe this rule is gone/raised?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

spotted locked outside the local bike shop - a smith and wesson bike. that was a new one on me.

Goes like a bullet.

Interesting discussion over on the farming forum https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107221362#post107221362

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Anyone know if CI raised the entry fee for races this year? Every race I've been to so far is €20, it was €15 last year. I know there used to be a max entry fee, maybe this rule is gone/raised?

afaik the €15 limit is a Leinster provincial rule, not a national CI one. Perhaps you're racing more outside Leinster? I hadn't heard about an increase either, but I haven't been in the loop lately.

buffalo wrote: »
    afaik the €15 limit is a Leinster provincial rule, not a national CI one. Perhaps you're racing more outside Leinster? I hadn't heard about an increase either, but I haven't been in the loop lately.

Ah maybe that's it. Emyvale and Limerick I did this year both €20, Donamon today was €20 (couldn't afford to go :( ). Mullingar next Friday is €15. I thought it was nationwide.

Anyone have a link to the course of the National Crit Champs in Mullinger this Friday? I can't find a course anywhere. Mullingar is a hilly hoor of a town, I want to know what I need to haul my ass over!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Anyone have a link to the course of the National Crit Champs in Mullinger this Friday? I can't find a course anywhere. Mullingar is a hilly hoor of a town, I want to know what I need to haul my ass over!

http://www.lakesidewheelers.ie/news/nationalcriteriumchampionships
    The 1.2km Mullingar town centre route which incorporates Oliver Plunkett St, Dominick Place, Blackhall Carpark, Gaol Hill and returning to Oliver Plunkett St via Mount St is regarded as one of the best criterium circuits in Ireland.

Probably you could map it out and get a profile from that.

• Advertisement

buffalo wrote: »
    maybe it's just the exchange rate between the pale and the rest of the country.

Advertisement