Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I thought being racist on the bike was noteworthy enough, that and having form for punching another rider.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Has he apologised for throwing the bike?

Not that I saw and he's taken his social media accounts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

CramCycle wrote: »
    I thought being racist on the bike was noteworthy enough, that and having form for punching another rider.

my point was he has an issue in the sport, but your MMA guy has been accused of all sorts outside of the ring, as well as proven of all sorts outside the ring, i would not compare the two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

manafana wrote: »
    my point was he has an issue in the sport, but your MMA guy has been accused of all sorts outside of the ring, as well as proven of all sorts outside the ring, i would not compare the two

Not as bad a cnut as McGregor is not exactly a ringing endorsement

I don't know much about Conor McG other than punched a guy and the rumour mill (which may have since been shown to be true, I really don't follow) had some pretty nasty accusations, so can't really comment, but as Large bottle small glass says, the little i have heard that has been verified is enough to say it is hardly a line you have to reach to be considered a horrible human being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Another similarity between McGregor and Moscon is that they both have bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XugSX9WBO8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was hoping to head out on the bike this afternoon, a quick spin up howth. just went out into the back garden though, and found the two chickens have been taken, a hole was dug under the coop.
    will have to clean this mess up instead before my wife gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

i was hoping to head out on the bike this afternoon, a quick spin up howth. just went out into the back garden though, and found the two chickens have been taken, a hole was dug under the coop.

Coronavirus stockpiling?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Kinda curious, did they burrow out? Was it locals? Foxes? What was it?? Seriously lacking detail here MB

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Kinda curious, did they burrow out? Was it locals? Foxes? What was it?? Seriously lacking detail here MB

Obviously it was Will and Kate, feckin Brits...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There were at least 2 foxes in the area the other night. Could hear them on Sunday night around 12

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RobFowl wrote: »
    Obviously it was Will and Kate, feckin Brits...
    Trying to shift the blame elsewhere, eh, RobFowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,423 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

local office park is installing some key pad bike storage , for the "nominal fee" of 1 euro you can leave your bike there for 12 hours. that would cost me over 200 euro per year so hardly nominal???. all the companies pay for parking spaces , service charges etc. maybe im a tight git but how is it fair to supply free parking with mobile security but one has to pay to park a bike safely?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I'd never heard of this before. Not sure what to say...

https://twitter.com/SafeCyclingEire/status/1234974672669659137

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I was along Stocking Lane/Kilakee/Military Road today and passed about a dozen cars in various beauty spots which had smashed windows and some with open doors. I'd occasionally see an odd one but never as many as today. Bloody scumbags! (At the gates to Kippure, 2 US tourists were parking up, presumably to go walking. I told them about the break-ins that I had passed and not to leave anything valuable in sight but I got the impression that they were suspicious of me).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Seems to be an increase in that sort of low value crime of late, gardai don't allocate limited resources to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They'll occasionally have targetted operations with mobile checkpoints in and around those carparks. At this time of year I doubt they happen, and probably only are high visible for a short period as a deterrent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Hurrache wrote: »
    They'll occasionally have targetted operations with mobile checkpoints in and around those carparks. At this time of year I doubt they happen, and probably only are high visible for a short period as a deterrent anyway.

I witnessed 3 scumbags breaking into cars on a motorway exit where people car pool last month.

Doubled back and they ran to waiting car. Got reg, photo, made a statement. Not sure if anything will come of it.

Feral looking toerags

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

54kph headwind for the commute in tomorrow. Argh! Fcuk off already wind :mad:

eeeee wrote: »

I'd be happy with just the wind in my face tomorrow and not the wind and hailstones we had today. Those hurt for the 20 seconds or so before I hopped off and took cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

It was zero craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

daragh_ wrote: »
    It was zero craic.

It must take some resolve to get up every morning and head west. It's painful enough as a crosswind.

Plastik wrote: »
    It must take some resolve to get up every morning and head west. It's painful enough as a crosswind.

It really does.
    Increasingly so. It's ruining cycling for me :mad:

I never realised how lucky I am that all I really ever get is crosswind with the occasional headwind

It really does.
    Increasingly so. It's ruining cycling for me :mad:

Snap. It's really hard to find the motivation to do any actual training after 5 days into a headwind.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Snap. It's really hard to find the motivation to do any actual training after 5 days into a headwind.

Yeah. I have to grit my teeth to get on my bike at the weekend. I don't know how to get around it. Cycle to work is 1 hour, public transport is 2.5 hours :eek:

This wind has to stop soon! I fear the rain-y wind is imminent :(

• Advertisement

Yeah. I have to grit my teeth to get on my bike at the weekend. I don't know how to get around it. Cycle to work is 1 hour, public transport is 2.5 hours :eek:

This wind has to stop soon! I fear the rain-y wind is imminent :(

Sure we will all be on Turbos for the next month anyway :D

Advertisement