Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

silverharp wrote: »
    as in you cycled a time in the 50th or 60th percentile across other cyclists, but age adjusted not across all cyclists
    As the others have mentioned, Strava will give you your segment performances and you can compare then to your Strava contacts as well as strangers or club members.
    It should be taken with a pinch of salt though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

main issue on strava is that when you cycle a segment, the times you're comparing yourself set by others are their PRs - and people usually set PRs in favourable circumstances which almost certainly won't match what you can enjoy on any particular day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

As the others have mentioned, Strava will give you your segment performances and you can compare then to your Strava contacts as well as strangers or club members.
    It should be taken with a pinch of salt though.

As someone who took a kom last night from a much , much , let us say , stronger cyclist than I, I have to disagree.

It's truly a mark of one's brilliance*

*(it's not)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is it just me or has YR.no accuracy gone completely

• Registered Users Posts: 18,419 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

main issue on strava is that when you cycle a segment, the times you're comparing yourself set by others are their PRs - and people usually set PRs in favourable circumstances which almost certainly won't match what you can enjoy on any particular day.

just to clarify is that for particular routes, Enniskerry to Glencree for example? I was thinking more in terms of a generic, as in I type in 60KM distance, 1200 meters climbing , a particular time and then my own personal details.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

https://crosscut.com/2016/08/bicycling-style-check-are-you-a-fred

Enjoyable read over a beer in the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

silverharp wrote: »
    just to clarify is that for particular routes, Enniskerry to Glencree for example? I was thinking more in terms of a generic, as in I type in 60KM distance, 1200 meters climbing , a particular time and then my own personal details.

no because thats got all manner of variances to factor for. Strava if it knew how to measure its data might do something up, Veloviewer does an overall socre but not by age etc

cletus wrote: »
    https://crosscut.com/2016/08/bicycling-style-check-are-you-a-fred

Enjoyable read over a beer in the back garden

pic of beer or GTFO

manafana wrote: »
    pic of beer or GTFO

Straight from the fridge

514858.jpg

ah generic lagers :(

Nice dog however

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Nice dog however

I'm usually one for some oddities from Martin's in Fairview, best of licence in the world btw but tonight I'm on Corona, Dunnes were out of limes and thus far I have tried a slice of orange and a sliced up strawberry, both surprisingly ok

Nice dog however

Sorry that my beer choices don't meet your exacting beer standards.

I wonder are there Freds in the craft beer world...

Sorry that my beer choices don't meet your exacting beer standards.

I wonder are there Freds in the craft beer world...

for sure freds everywhere, iv drank my way thru all manner of craft beer during the lockdown, all manner of which have complicated ownership.

Eight degrees is owned by irish distillers for one

for sure freds everywhere, iv drank my way thru all manner of craft beer during the lockdown, all manner of which have complicated ownership.

Eight degrees is owned by irish distillers for one

Does drinking Peroni reduce any kudos I might gain from drinking craft beers?

Does drinking Peroni reduce any kudos I might gain from drinking craft beers?

photos? Peroni is alright i'd prefer it over a Heineken if those are the options. I've gone more onto IPA's now so pallet has gone away from european lagers regardless of who makes them.

Really enjoying eight degrees and trouble brewing from tesco 4 for 10 range. Trying to buy irish considering the tricky times, had bought some crates off white hag guys

/hides can of Aldi beer purchased with the shopping earlier :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - this is not weather for IPAs, this is weather for nice light crisp lagers.

like this one i'm drinking.

514862.jpg

you want a session ipa my friend :)

/hides can of Aldi beer purchased with the shopping earlier :o

that project 1079 lager they do is decent

that project 1079 lager they do is decent

just goggled a review from some snoob, he did not like :)

• Advertisement

oh, it's awful. doesn't taste like beer.

the best cheap option are the cans of ale they do in lidl - on a nautical theme, i can't remember the name. three different options, one has orange in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

mod note - this is not weather for IPAs, this is weather for nice light crisp lagers.

like this one i'm drinking.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=514862&stc=1&d=1590952824[/IMG]

Mod not too? 🀣🀣

Mod not too? ����
    yes, this is an important topic!

photos?

Are you asking me to catalogue the beers I drink?

Dare I ask about the rot that has set in on your thumb MB? That one has rogue hammer written all over it surely?

not far off! woodturning injury, i was turning a very off balance piece and a wing of it caught my thumb.
    my thumbnail has done something i've never seen before, it's gone double decker. i actually seem to have had two thumbnails growing, one on top of the other, for part of the visible thumbnail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

My Leffe is going down very well.

Dare I ask about the rot that has set in on your thumb MB? That one has rogue hammer written all over it surely?
    actually, just a chance to name drop. the worst damage i ever did to myself with a hammer was to catch myself full on, on the top of my middle finger on my left hand with a hammer. i was building a set in dramsoc in UCD and none other than chris o'dowd decided to help. while i was on the downswing with a hammer, the piece of wood i was holding with my left hand jerked a couple of inches and i caught myself full on with the hammer. it was chris who had moved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

mu9kx14k25hx.jpg

• Advertisement

to be fair, i am only about 50% certain it was he. my focus in the immediate aftermath was focused more on searing, white hot pain, rather than determining whether a future hollywood star was to blame.

Advertisement