Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Just a quick IT question, in case anyone has come across it already and knows a solution.

All the static content has disappeared from Boards since I moved to Vodafone mobile broadband, so every page renders in a fashion that's very hard to read or navigate.

For example, this should show the Bold icon:
    https://b-static.net/vbulletin/images/editor/bold.gif

But if you paste into browser address bar you get this on Firefox:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to b-static.net. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

Is there a fix for this? reddit.com also returns that secure connection error for the entire site, but I can do without reddit.

It was the default Vodafone content filter that was causing my weird rendering of Boards. So I can see things properly now.

I had to look at the page source to find the links to thank and reply to posts before this morning, so this is definitely an improvement.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

i have also walked around to the local lawnmower/garden equipment service centre carrying a chainsaw which needed the chain sharpened, and got a couple of stares that were so disapproving, that i reckon if i'd been wearing a captain kirk mask they couldn't have been worse.
    Maybe you should have turned it off before you went in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

For anybody wondering WTF is going on it's a classic 80s arcade game, "paperboy"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

silverharp wrote: »
    they probably should have done a take 2 , dismount was average at best

https://twitter.com/JesseKellyDC/status/1268692587977859075
    the elite of the elite:

https://twitter.com/X_sequitur/status/1269661315192295424

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CramCycle wrote: »
    I sent one to Garmin for repair, way out of warranty, you end up just getting a new or refurbished one heavily discounted.
    I dropped my Edge 500 around two years ago and broke the screen internally so it was completely screwed. It was 8 years old and I was totally upfront that I had dropped it and wanted to know if they could repair it.

They sent me a refurb for €80.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wonder when decathlon plan to open in ballymun; they might qualify under the allowance for bike shops opening, but that would be pushing it a little?
    well, it's opening on saturday.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Will the queues be like the one outside Ikea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Will the queues be like the one outside Ikea?

Yes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I can't find my Wahoo Bolt anywhere, only two places left it might be easy to find. Bloody Wednesdays.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I can't find my Wahoo Bolt anywhere, only two places left it might be easy to find. Bloody Wednesdays.

I lost mine for a day and a half, I'd moved it onto the mantelpiece from my sewing machine table to make a mask 'for a minute'.
    I 'lose' something similarly almost daily.
    The glasses are the worst.
    Especially when you put in an hour looking for them whilst wearing them *facepalm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

eeeee wrote: »
    I lost mine for a day and a half, I'd moved it onto the mantelpiece from my sewing machine table to make a mask 'for a minute'.
    I 'lose' something similarly almost daily.
    The glasses are the worst.
    Especially when you put in an hour looking for them whilst wearing them *facepalm*

I was looking for my phone yesterday while talking on it

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stock levels online seem very poor. Most things only seem to be available in very small or very large sizes. I wonder if they've had trouble getting deliveries, or if they're holding back the most popular stuff to make sure the physical shop is well stocked come Saturday.

eeeee wrote: »

Mine is missing over two weeks, I know it is in the house somewhere, I have stripped down 3 rooms so far. I am starting to think the dogs may have eaten it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

seamus wrote: »
    Stock levels online seem very poor. Most things only seem to be available in very small or very large sizes. I wonder if they've had trouble getting deliveries, or if they're holding back the most popular stuff to make sure the physical shop is well stocked come Saturday.

I've always found their Irish website to be pretty poor in terms of stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've always found their Irish website to be pretty poor in terms of stock

If memory serves, the ROI store relied on the stock in the Belfast store, which is limited. Plenty of mainstream sports represented, less basketball and other less popular sports. The ROI website is poor and they seem to have even less stock now, whether that's Covid related or simply poor management, I don't know. But I defo won't be queuing outside it. I guarantee you massive queues considering almost every sports shop is out of stock of equipment at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Mine is missing over two weeks, I know it is in the house somewhere, I have stripped down 3 rooms so far. I am starting to think the dogs may have eaten it.

I've "lost" a lock. A bright heavy object. At this point I don't actually remember when I used it last and am thinking it might be in work, but that doesn't make sense because I have a big chain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

I very recently lost a seat post. I was so sure it was lost completely, I had a new one in an online basket ready to buy. Then I found it

Idleater wrote: »
    I've "lost" a lock. A bright heavy object. At this point I don't actually remember when I used it last and am thinking it might be in work, but that doesn't make sense because I have a big chain there.

I lost a lock during the big snow, found it but it had siezed and I couldn.'t unsieze it. Its still there, I pass it daily. I suppose I am technically a litter bug at this point.

There's a certain irony in losing a GPS computer. I can loan you a Mio 105 if you're stuck for something. Basically a Garmin 500

was going to post this in the thread where the link appeared in the OP, but rather than going off topic there - what is it with mycycle.ie and them not being able to set a HTML title properly?
    this link:
    https://www.mycycle.ie/Giant-TCR-Advanced-Pro-1-Disc-2020-p/gianttcradprodisc120.htm

when opened, shows 'Twitter' on the tab in my browser. which is just odd, really; i can't understand what sort of template they use which would result in that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

The website is missing a title tag completely. It shows the URL for me in Chrome and Firefox, so the Twitter thing might be a quirk with your browser.

Looks like it's been an issue since some time between February 26 and April 15 2012. Whoever added the social links (FB/Youtube/Twitter) might have deleted something by accident.

They're still around 8 years later so it mustn't be hurting sales :p

i'm using firefox, this is what i see:

515964.png

Just a rogue tag, if you F5 it to refresh it you'll see mycycle.ie before it changes to Twitter as the Tab title. Oddly though Opera and Brave just show the site URL for me, Chrome, Edge and FF show twitter as the tab title.

i'm using firefox, this is what i see:
    Wouldn't give them business of they were handing out their stock for free. their site was dropping over 50% of orders at one stage and rather than rectifying, they just waited and only responded to complaints. I know they have a good mechanic and the owner/main guy in Kilmacud is nice but the sh1te hawk of a son/manager in there has turned me off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Other than missing a proper title tag, it's the addthis.com buttons below the image of the bike that's giving the website the Twitter title. I have those social icons blocked which is why it wasn't showing up for me initially.

Do Hollingsworth have a bug bounty program? I'll take the TCR as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,419 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I had a quick look at road deaths, there doesnt appear to be any difference this year to last. If I remember correctly the start of the year was running a little ahead? but as of a few days ago the number is tied.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

for pedestrians it was running at double last year's total at one point anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

• Registered Users Posts: 18,419 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

for pedestrians it was running at double last year's total at one point anyway.

I'd say the mix is different for sure, the garda site is crap, it just has a running cumulative

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

My employer is asking people to consider walking if they live within 5km of work or cycling within 10km.

Advertisement