Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

De Bhál wrote: »
    anyone know an Irish supplier of the little USB rubber cover on the back of a Garmin 520. Ripped mine off.
    I recall someone on here a while ago with the same problem saying they contacted Garmin and they sent one out to them free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭cletus

Max Stedman attempts to beat Ronan McLaughlin's Everesting world record

https://youtu.be/hrp1KuHG2EQ
    McLaughlin's record still stands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Logged into Strava today and there was a banner with 60 DAY SUBSCRIPTION FREE TRIAL.

Not sure if it's for everyone who is on the free version but mentioning here in the presumption that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

dinneenp wrote: »
    Logged into Strava today and there was a banner with 60 DAY SUBSCRIPTION FREE TRIAL.

Not sure if it's for everyone who is on the free version but mentioning here in the presumption that it is.

Its Buy a year get 2 months free, not 2 months free trial for me. Bit of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Has anyone bought Victory Chimp stuff? I want some more long-sleeved t-shirts, for both cycling and general wear, and these look like what I want. Is their stuff good?

https://www.victorychimp.cc/collections/out-there/products/out-there-ls-trail-shirt-sunset

• Advertisement

National Championships getting a highlights package on RTE 2 on Monday Oct. 5 @ 7pm. Sam Bennett effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I see the Amstel Gold has been cancelled

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

National Championships getting a highlights package on RTE 2 on Monday Oct. 5 @ 7pm. Sam Bennett effect?
    He's opted out.

He's opted out.

No, I meant was the coverage on RTE down to Sam's success. I'd heard him say even before the tour he wouldn't be competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Any word of his next outing?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any word of his next outing?

I think it's Gent-Wevelgem on October 11th.

I don't know what other races he is planning on doing. There are not that many left in the calendar anyway.

Maybe Schelderprijs on October 14th or the 3 Days of De Panne on October 21st?

There is no mention of him doing Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, or the Vuelta

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Thinking of picking up a cheap secondhand one of these 2012 Trek 4500s as a Winter commuter, looking at getting it for €300 or hopefully a bit lower, what do you think? Good bike?

https://archive.trekbikes.com/ie/en/2012/Trek/4500_disc#/ie/en/2012/Trek/4500_disc/details

8 year old bike, assuming it was bought in 2012 what kind of condition is it in now? Has it been well maintained?

Considering you can get a similarly speced 2021 Trek FX 2 for €530 new and factor any money you might have to spend on the old bike on the likes of drivetrain etc. if they haven't been maintaining it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i don't think you'd need suspension if it's a commuter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Its a 5km commute nothing serious, just something for frosty mornings, Ill carry on looking I suppose, slim pickings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,406 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

The passenger is our pov hero here , that being said the taxi is driving the wrong way down Meath street

https://twitter.com/electionlit/status/1311961808647974914

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

What a legend the passenger is :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd vote for her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

silverharp, i hope you don't mind, but i edited your post so the tweet would display in-thread (it can't display mobile.twitter.com links)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

silverharp wrote: »
    The passenger is our pov hero here , that being said the taxi is driving the wrong way down Meath street

https://twitter.com/electionlit/status/1311961808647974914

Calling him a cyclist is an insult to cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

silverharp, i hope you don't mind, but i edited your post so the tweet would display in-thread (it can't display mobile.twitter.com links)

Heathen!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

You're acting the bo****ks :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

She's a legend!

Has anyone been watching Long Way Up? Have my suspicions they had a lot more help than got shown early on with the cold and not as good as the original series but my god Argentina is some country. It was lovely when they met a couple who were cycling and told them their story. One part of it was familiar to me from watching the racing there when they were at the dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

This is heartwarming. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/the-global-cycling-competition-helping-care-home-residents-see-the-world

If you follow the links in the article to last year's results some of the competitors have clicked thousands of kilometres.

This is heartwarming. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/02/the-global-cycling-competition-helping-care-home-residents-see-the-world

If you follow the links in the article to last year's results some of the competitors have clicked thousands of kilometres.

My partner is a nurse who has moved into that setting in recent years and has been telling me of the struggles the carers have to get some residents to engage with the activities etc. a lot of the stuff maybe just isn't for them. I was thinking about myself in that setting down the road and yeah I doubt I'll develop a taste for bingo or crafts etc. but if the home had those ???? Sign me up for a place now in case spaces are limited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Quest (Channel 144 on Sky) are showing daily highlights of the Giro by the way.

Happy to have stumbled across it just now as my two young lands are obsessed with cycling after watching the TdF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Quest (Channel 144 on Sky) are showing daily highlights of the Giro by the way.

Happy to have stumbled across it just now as my two young lands are obsessed with cycling after watching the TdF

For those without Sky/Satelite Quest is available without geo restriction on their site www.dplay.co.uk they also have an android/ios app so you can cast to TV

• Advertisement

one of those days when i had been planning on going out for a two or three hour spin but it's drizzly here now and looks like more is on its way from the north, and i am just meh about going out now.

Advertisement