Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

the usual question is 'what is a very high spec helmet'?
    yes, I did not mean expensive, higher specifications do not necessarily have to cost a lot. I would imagine lots of super light weight ones are very expensive and barely pass. I meant if the helmet had a particular speficifation in relation to impact resistance or something.

something like this
    tomasrojo wrote: »
    But ones made to the Snell standard might tell a different story, I guess.
    Helmets which are bragging about passing tests with ease. I don't wear one so unaware of brands but imagine the there must be some, like Volvo have a reputation for being safe cars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my helmet is a MIPS standard one. designed to take the edge off rotational forces to prevent twisting of the neck if i understand correctly. however, the MIPS structure is not exposed to much light - it's kinda an inner shell - and not made of expanded polystyrene, so i suspect the sweat issue is not a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Mine is red

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The specification could also be nothing to do with initially higher strength, but just longevity and resistance to decoration. Maybe a higher grade of foam, I think it loses trapped gas, and UV protection for the plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Mine is red

Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

order some Es and Whizz and let her nick it, and shop her to the rozzers for possession.

Is this the way the future is supposed to feel?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Correct.

I hear they are the fastest anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

One of them is An Post but this is an old one we only found out about when we were asked did we get to use the vouchers by the person who sent them. We never even new about them and we are presuming it's her based on catching her out before. The other is DPD. The good thing about the latest two which we haven't got is that they are vouchers and are trackable, really hoping she used them online but will go to the Gardai about the open box I got back from her. I'm just livid.

I may come back to you later LollipopJimmy we could have a stranger's on a train thing and if you need the favour returned.

order some Es and Whizz and let her nick it, and shop her to the rozzers for possession.

Could I just drop some in her letter box and ring the fuzz and say I seen the local dealer putting something in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CramCycle wrote: »
    .... we could have a stranger's on a train thing ....
    :eek: Which one of you would be the psychopath?

• Advertisement

:eek: Which one of you would be the psychopath?
    At this point once we get the job done, I don't care :eek:

So probably me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I know this should go to the legal forum but I know the law, just not sure what to do about it. Our neighbour has been pinching our post about 5 packages over 8 months. In the past we complained about it to the couriers and got replacements, I have also asked and gotten one back, (which was opened by her). Another was dropped in her bin and I took it out. She then started verbally assaulting my partner for taking our package out of her bin, even though she was out at the time (bin was on the road so not trespassing, courier informed me over the phone which bin it was in), so she knew it was there and left it. This time two gifts from friends that can't be tracked or replaced and I am absolutely livid. Signed by the courier.

Solutions, the more humourous the better appreciated.
    Get a friend to post something with 'to your name' on the item (eg a book) so it's obvious it's for you. Also include a tracking device so you can prove it's in their house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

One of them is An Post but this is an old one we only found out about when we were asked did we get to use the vouchers by the person who sent them. We never even new about them and we are presuming it's her based on catching her out before. The other is DPD. The good thing about the latest two which we haven't got is that they are vouchers and are trackable, really hoping she used them online but will go to the Gardai about the open box I got back from her. I'm just livid.

I may come back to you later LollipopJimmy we could have a stranger's on a train thing and if you need the favour returned.

Stazi used to use radioactive isotopes to track things. Very easy to prove contact with a Geiger counter or a phone with black tape over the camera lens and the appropriate app. All you need is some source material and if the package goes missing and she reads positive to the isotope you have proof. A less fun option is smart water in the equivalent of a glitter bomb and a UV light.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭devonp

anyone having garmin connect problems synching this morning

server has all the green lights..?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭devonp

anyone having garmin connect problems synching this morning

server has all the green lights..?

just seen on the old 810 when i press the red exclamation mark:

(GCMSynErrorDomainerror0)

??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Thud

Stazi used to use radioactive isotopes to track things. Very easy to prove contact with a Geiger counter or a phone with black tape over the camera lens and the appropriate app. All you need is some source material and if the package goes missing and she reads positive to the isotope you have proof. A less fun option is smart water in the equivalent of a glitter bomb and a UV light.

I think this is the modern day hi tech (less cancer causing) equivalent:

https://youtu.be/a_TSR_v07m0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

I know this should go to the legal forum but I know the law, just not sure what to do about it. Our neighbour has been pinching our post about 5 packages over 8 months. In the past we complained about it to the couriers and got replacements, I have also asked and gotten one back, (which was opened by her). Another was dropped in her bin and I took it out. She then started verbally assaulting my partner for taking our package out of her bin, even though she was out at the time (bin was on the road so not trespassing, courier informed me over the phone which bin it was in), so she knew it was there and left it. This time two gifts from friends that can't be tracked or replaced and I am absolutely livid. Signed by the courier.

Solutions, the more humourous the better appreciated.

daragh_ wrote: »

It occurred to me this morning to post this, beat me to it.

What he did at the end to the volunteer who screwed him over was hilarious

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

daragh_ wrote: »

I am very willing to help out with a vengeance package!

It's absolutely outrageous what's happening. Straight to the guards too. That would enrage me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I did that once with the cargo bike at a GAA ground that had no bike parking, but I moved it pretty quickly, because I figured it was just going to get run over by someone leaping at a "free" parking space without looking properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭cletus

Young fella parked that like a boss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

tomasrojo wrote: »
    because I figured it was just going to get run over by someone leaping at a "free" parking space without looking properly.

Some clown knocked my motorbike over doing that in an office car park where I worked years ago.

I was looking out the window (:rolleyes:) at them pull up, reverse (bless) and I thought no way, they're just turning around, nope, kept going and pushed it forward off the kickstand.

Assigned spaces. Different company so not even their spaces.. Their security guard who "helped" me pick up the bike tutted at me saying I shouldn't park a bike in a car space. I nodded, said nothing and told the driver I would contact their insurance company.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Remember, there's no such thing as a valve being to short......
    531394.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Remember, there's no such thing as a valve being to short......
    Sweet Jesus! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lissard

Darwin Award in waiting...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

crosstownk wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted previously but might be worth a viewing.

https://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/watch-new-irish-cycling-full-length-movie-the-racer-video/

Review of this on Arena on RTÉ Radio One at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ah crap I was waiting to see what the Green Defy 1 would be like but its a horrible shade, this was going to be my next bike but not now :(

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/defy-advanced-1-2021

Looks like Ill be knocking another year out of my current Defy.

Probably for the best seeing as it would be Summer before I got one with the shortages. When can we expect the 2022 Giants do you think?

Although now Im tempted to splash out on this one:

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ie/defy-advanced-pro-1-2021

Advertisement