Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭VW 1

My dad waved a spare ticket under my nose on Sunday only to confirm yesterday he'd heard back from one of his mates who he had invited but not heard from.

Kinda annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I'd love to be going but have a prior engagement unfortunately

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Any other cycling Boardsies going to Roger Waters tonight?

I'm bringing my 16 year old daughter. She's become a bit of a Floyd head recently. Looking forward to it. :)

Am jealous, Mrs' Fowl laughed when I asked and 12 yr old not interested and 16 yr old would go but not with me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Hey you I asked my mother if I like his songs, she though the time and money weren't worth it despite my high hopes. I was lost for words and marooned for a while but coming back to life now.

There'll be nobody home in your place and hopefully ye won't be amused to death and it'll be one of the happiest days of our lives..

Don't forget your cigarette lighter ya relic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Don't forget if you want to see the Orica GreenEdge film, it's on next Wednesday in Rathmines, tickets available at https://tickets.demand.film/event/5010

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭gmacww

Has anyone else used any of the ANT+ HR straps from aliexpress or other site. Garmin one gave up the past couple of days and 40 for a new one is a touch much. Lots of alternatives ranging from 15-60. Anyone tried an alternative paired with a garmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

gmacww wrote: »
    Has anyone else used any of the ANT+ HR straps from aliexpress or other site. Garmin one gave up the past couple of days and 40 for a new one is a touch much. Lots of alternatives ranging from 15-60. Anyone tried an alternative paired with a garmin?

I had one for a few years. I think the brand was Cagoo. Never had a problem with it and it seems to compare well with the Apple Watch heart rate sensors. I gave it to a mate recently and it’s still working.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Multiple world and Olympic champion Kristina Vogel is in a serious condition following a crash on track:

www.cyclingnews.com/news/olympic-champion-vogel-seriously-injured-in-track-crash/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think they changed a typo in the URL above so it doesn't work - this one does though:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/olympic-champion-vogel-seriously-injured-in-track-crash/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I'm bringing my 16 year old daughter. She's become a bit of a Floyd head recently. Looking forward to it. :)

Excellent parental guidance, sir (or madam)! :-)

All this weather and I've no bike, Di2 is being fitted today and the second bike is waiting for the Ultegra bits that are being removed from the first. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

All this weather and I've no bike, Di2 is being fitted today and the second bike is waiting for the Ultegra bits that are being removed from the first. :(

This is why I have 4 bikes, or is it 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Weepsie wrote: »
    This is why I have 4 bikes, or is it 5?
    To lend one to Jimmy? That's very generous of you :pac:

If he can cycle a 54 and collect in town by 4, then yes, why not (seriously). It's been locked in work for a few months now, , so probably in need of tlc. Keep one here in case I ever have to dash off on a day I've walked in, though stupidly still have mtb pedals on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

gmacww wrote: »

I have a wahoo one now and it works fine with my garmin.

Weepsie wrote: »
    If he can cycle a 54 and collect in town by 4, then yes, why not (seriously). It's been locked in work for a few months now, , so probably in need of tlc. Keep one here in case I ever have to dash off on a day I've walked in, though stupidly still have mtb pedals on it.

Very generous of you but I should be back on the road tomorrow and shall take this evening for a few beverages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

apparently tar is melting in places. Something to watch out for, apart from the potential danger i imagine it would destroy bicycle tyres.

Saw this on reddit earlier

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Fian wrote: »
    apparently tar is melting in places. Something to watch out for, apart from the potential danger i imagine it would destroy bicycle tyres.

It's happened to me twice already this tear. Tyres were fine, you just scrape the tar off. Getting it stuck inside forks and brakes however is a pita and requires a good scraping.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Nico Roche with a KOM on the (Enniskerry) Poggio today..stealing the crown from a boardsie too! https://www.strava.com/segments/6911387 — Poggio climb

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Fian wrote: »
    It's requires more energy to cycle on as the tyres stick to the road but it's not actually dangerous. It's a bit like cycling on Sellotape.

Apart from tar sticking to the tyres, the biggest problem is that it drags up all the loose chippings and stones which stick to the frame/brakes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Saw this on reddit earlier
    Not all the bikes get through a change, and jeepers the shoaling!

Had a good one yesterday (I'm over in the Netherlands): car waiting at lights for as long as I can see, I rock up beside, press the bike button, it goes green and off I go. Had to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

colm18 wrote: »
    Nico Roche with a KOM on the (Enniskerry) Poggio today..stealing the crown from a boardsie too! https://www.strava.com/segments/6911387 — Poggio climb

An average of 31km/h on that! Fcukin hell!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Idleater wrote: »
    Not all the bikes get through a change, and jeepers the shoaling!

Some of the shoaling on the right-hand side of the screen is people coming from the left stopping to do box-turns, I think.

I expect it was started by some of the little s*its who often hang around there.

not the first time it's happened, if it's in the spot it happened before.

• Advertisement

i think there's zero information content in that statement.

Advertisement