Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

Not just the colour, ffs FC-RS510 cranks I know theres about a €100 difference between those and 6800's but with the buying power Giant have it would likely add maybe 50 euro to the cost of the bike to use a full ultegra groupset.

I though press fit BB's were going the way of the dodo too for new models, not with Giant anyway.

Also on the second one hookless rims? I need to do some reading on what those are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Yep, non-series cranks on a €2600 bike?? C'mon Giant...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Yep, non-series cranks on a €2600 bike?? C'mon Giant...

same with canondale due to bb30, probably cant get shimano for the press fit standard they use, nothing wrong with press fit i can see as apart form the quality of the bearing FSA supply (on bb30) i just bought SKF bearings for mine (not fitted yet !) but they are 2 times the price of whatever FSA supply.

but thats another can of worms to open ......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

looks like they might be resurfacing the road past the NCT centre and sillogue golf club (just north of the M50/ballymun interchange) over the coming weeks. it's badly in need of it; my wife, a nervous cyclist, has twice been blown at on the road, which is narrow and has several decent potholes.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

531781.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Trimming the beard last night and managed to take a lump out of it so took the lot off, regretted it tonight, some cold on the bike tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Trimming the beard last night and managed to take a lump out of it so took the lot off, regretted it tonight, some cold on the bike tonight

I've been there, instant regret with a cold face for days after.

dahat wrote: »
    I've been there, instant regret with a cold face for days after.

Fortunately mine grows back really quickly, need it for warmth and to hide all of my chins

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

one issue i find with a beard is condensation on a cold day.

one issue i find with a beard is condensation on a cold day.

Did your friends who can grow beards tell you that? :pac:

• Advertisement

maybe it's just me so!
    not that it's a massive issue really. some days i get a sopping wet beard, from cycling into my own breath.

the more i explain, the weirder this sounds. maybe i should have kept my mouth shut, literally and figuratively.

maybe it's just me so!
    not that it's a massive issue really. some days i get a sopping wet beard, from cycling into my own breath.

the more i explain, the weirder this sounds. maybe i should have kept my mouth shut, literally and figuratively.

I actually know what you're talking about. Still rather that to cold air on bare skin.

Went to get on the bike just now, had plugged in the Di2 charger earlier today and it seems to have just drained the battery completely, I've had this issue before, the charger doesn't come with a plug top and it doesn't seem to like the ones that come with Samsung phones so its plugged into my laptop now and charging away

Oh god wet beard, I've been using a buff as a face covering in shops on the cold evenings and mine does be soaked by the time I get out in the air again. On the bike the 'stache can be a handy source of water. So if you see a bearded guy on a bike in Drogheda making a Pop Eye face thats not me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭cletus

Just shave lads, the hipster beard look is gone now anyway...

cletus wrote: »
    Just shave lads, the hipster beard look is gone now anyway...

I'm under orders from my OH to keep the beard. To be fair she puts up with a lot of my bull**** so its theeast I can do - 'sorry I'm not around this weekend cos I'm drinking beer in the shed with the lads while dicking about with cars and bikes' is a phrase I utter quite a bit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Wet beards?

vomiting.jpg

Actually beards in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It's certainly going to affect your performance
    https://twitter.com/moodvintage/status/1324429539100020736?s=19

I'm under orders from my OH to keep the beard.
    my wife definitely prefers the beard. i think the last time i wet shaved was 2003. the idea of wet shaving just seems so tiresome now.

my wife definitely prefers the beard. i think the last time i wet shaved was 2003. the idea of wet shaving just seems so tiresome now.

Similar 10+ years at least, largely due to me having spent mad money and never finding a solution for razor rash. Now if i go without a beard I'll use the beard trimmer to shave, I'm fair so I can get away with it.

In the past I'd maybe shed the beard around April and go without until September. Last few years I've worn one all year and only shaved it off when it got too lumberjack and wanted rid for a while or I ****ed it up.

The youngest loves my beard, and will quite happily sit and comb and fluff it for me :D

Actually getting to the point of wanting rid for a while now being honest. Might try leaving just the 'stache this time though, something I've never done before, and if for no other reason to wind up my partner and I know she'll lose her sh1t over it "You look like your dad " will be the reaction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Anyone on here?

Early today went past an engineer with GPS getting into his van between Duleek and Balrath.
    I said something useless like "well you're in the right field anyway".

Few mins later the van with window down driving along beside me. Ah ****.... Here goes. What does this ****er want?

Driver shouts something. I can't hear.
    Shouts again. Not sure if I want to hear.
    Van stays driving along outside me but at a nice unthreatening gap.

Then I hear. Something like "Getting in a good distance?"
    "Off to work"
    "Where is that?"
    Told him where - it's about 40k away

Enjoy!! Beep beep!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Witnessed a female motorist aggressively confront two pedestrians near Skerries today about being on "the wrong side of the fcuking road". The pedestrians were correctly facing oncoming traffic (no footpath). It disturbing that some motorists don't know even the most basic rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

It's so tiresome getting lectured by people in cars. I don't get it that much, but, really, what, you're a grown-up and I'm not?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It disturbing that some motorists don't know even the most basic rules.
    Some? I'd say most of them!

Same type of logic would be applied if she encountered cyclists riding two abreast I'd imagine.

What age range was the driver? I'd expect her to be on the young side maybe.

https://twitter.com/petertgallagher/status/1325110128564203520

cycled past the botanic gardens at about 4pm, normal service has been restored with people parking half on the footpath, half on the cycle lane, which has forced people to walk out on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Same type of logic would be applied if she encountered cyclists riding two abreast I'd imagine.

What age range was the driver? I'd expect her to be on the young side maybe.
    30ish I'd say (with young children in the car).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

30ish I'd say (with young children in the car).

It's the idiocy that if they were on the wrong side, she is still the danger and shouldn't be giving out, f*CK me we haven't a hope. I feel 2020 was the year that God, destiny or sheer luck if you believe in neither said f*CK em, on humanity, statistically they deserve all of it.

so it's not just cyclists who get the 'we don't like you because of what you wear' response:

https://twitter.com/KarlBrophy/status/1325404401666764801

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭cletus

so it's not just cyclists who get the 'we don't like you because of what you wear' response:

https://twitter.com/KarlBrophy/status/1325404401666764801

I'm not sure I understand any of the above...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just seen an advert for echelon, unfortunately the advert didnt say its like peleton and in a crosswind

Advertisement