Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭griffin100

https://www.astebolaffi.it/pdf/auctions/758.pdf

If you’ve a spare €30k you can bid on one of Pantani’s tour ridden bikes.

Auction is in December. Might ask the missis to get me one his Maglia Rosa’s for Christmas :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

griffin100 wrote: »
    https://www.astebolaffi.it/pdf/auctions/758.pdf

If you’ve a spare €30k you can bid on one of Pantani’s tour ridden bikes.

Auction is in December. Might ask the missis to get me one his Maglia Rosa’s for Christmas :).

My GF has just moved in and today I was doing odd jobs and said 'I;m making our home nice for us', that got me a coffee, however I got the V sign when I asked for a Bianchi

I can be a bit of a beer snob at times but this cn had a bike on it

I can be a bit of a beer snob at times but this cn had a bike on it

Is there such a thing as a good American beer/ale? How was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Would that work even if I'm still on the first 20€ subscription not expiring until next summer?

Worth a try I guess - what have you got to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

https://www.craftbeer.com/beer/beer-history

Quite a few

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Founders and Sierra Nevada aint bad at all. There was another couple of american ones that had very similar branding to the founders stuff that was delicious. Had them in Korea and can't for the life of me remeber what the are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Cyrus Monk (Evo Pro Racing), suffering from severe cabin fever locked down in Adelaide, showing he may have an alternative career if the whole cycling thing doesn't work out :D
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHmg6QWpVib/?igshid=165998e089my9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

Weepsie wrote: »
    Founders and Sierra Nevada aint bad at all. There was another couple of american ones that had very similar branding to the founders stuff that was delicious. Had them in Korea and can't for the life of me remeber what the are.

Lagunitas? They make some very good beers. Heineken now own 50% so some look down on them. As long as they make good beers I'll buy them. Founders make some amazing beers their Breakfast Stout, KBS and CBS are some of my favorite beers ever.

Sierra Nevada Pale ale has been the starting point for an awful lot of people to move from mass produced lagers.They make some great beers though it's mostly their specials I'll try these days. Torpedo is still a solid choice if the off licence had nothing of interest though that is getting rare these days with so many good Irish breweries.

Am I right in thinking somebody here enjoys woodworking as a hobby?

Currently going over an oak coffee table my father made years ago, even with a mask I'm smelling timber in my sleep. Clever clogs here also didn't cover the bikes in the shed so now my motorbike, my road bike and my GF's roadbike are all covered in sawdust

• Advertisement

Wasn't great tbh. I'm way overdue a trip to Martins over in fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

I find New England style pale ales excellent, theirs whole host of great breweries over their, alot export here,

Indeed Sierre Nevade was my intro away from Lagers. Loving To Oi this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Cyrus Monk (Evo Pro Racing), suffering from severe cabin fever locked down in Adelaide, showing he may have an alternative career if the whole cycling thing doesn't work out :D
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHmg6QWpVib/?igshid=165998e089my9
    He must have been seriously bored (and hopefully he sticks with cycling).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Am I right in thinking somebody here enjoys woodworking as a hobby?
    i do woodturning as a hobby; thankfully i've a block shed dedicated to it, the bikes live in the garage...

i do woodturning as a hobby; thankfully i've a block shed dedicated to it, the bikes live in the garage...

Nice hobby to have. There's nothing like the smell of freshly cut or sanded timber. I worked in a joinery shop as a summer job throughout my teens and the smell brings me back there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ryath wrote: »
    Lagunitas? They make some very good beers. Heineken now own 50% so some look down on them. As long as they make good beers I'll buy them. Founders make some amazing beers their Breakfast Stout, KBS and CBS are some of my favorite beers ever.

Sierra Nevada Pale ale has been the starting point for an awful lot of people to move from mass produced lagers.They make some great beers though it's mostly their specials I'll try these days. Torpedo is still a solid choice if the off licence had nothing of interest though that is getting rare these days with so many good Irish breweries.

Had to do some digging
    Think it might have been Kona brewing co's longboard and another one from their aloha series. I kept the labels for my fridge but no idea where they are

While we're on beers, anybody doing this?

https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/oyster-stout-experience/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭Ryath

While we're on beers, anybody doing this?

https://www.thewhitehag.com/product/oyster-stout-experience/

I was tempted by it. It was a great deal. No problem getting through the stouts but not sure about having 24 oysters in a sitting! I do like them but my wife won't eat them and don't think the kids would either! I have got one of them to try mussels though!

• Advertisement

Ryath wrote: »
    I was tempted by it. It was a great deal. No problem getting through the stouts but not sure about having 24 oysters in a sitting! I do like them but my wife won't eat them and don't think the kids would either! I have got one of them to try mussels though!

Myself and a mate ordered it but chose whiskey instead of the oysters, we're going to get the oysters elsewhere, just one or two

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Roads be slippy this morning. Probably helped having all that extra skin to slow me down when my bike became too tired to stay upright.

you wiped out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ouch, hope you're ok Cram. You don't need *all* your skin anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭cletus

Was it at speed, and therefore it looked cool and awesome?

Or were you going slow, and therefore it looked sad and pathetic?

All messing aside, hope you and the bike are ok

Hope you're ok, skin is overrated and chicks dig scars. It was slippy alright, a bit of the foam came off my flat white when I was walking home from the coffee shop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

North of 30kmph to a dead stop over a few metres. Nothing cool, slowing coming to a junction and the front wheel popped out from under me. I knew it was slippy having lost the wheel in the other direction earlier so no one to blame but myself, best I can figure I turned the wheel as I braked and BAM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

It was slippy alright, a bit of the foam came off my flat white when I was walking home from the coffee shop.

Wow, what a first world's problem statement :D

Cram, heal well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

CramCycle wrote: »
    Roads be slippy this morning. Probably helped having all that extra skin to slow me down when my bike became too tired to stay upright.

Why did the bike go asleep?

Because it was too tired Coral.

TWO TYRED CORAL

(I'm too lazy to make a real meme)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭cletus

CramCycle wrote: »
    North of 30kmph to a dead stop over a few metres. Nothing cool, slowing coming to a junction and the front wheel popped out from under me. I knew it was slippy having lost the wheel in the other direction earlier so no one to blame but myself, best I can figure I turned the wheel as I braked and BAM

****. Hope there's no serious damage. Heal up quickly

Advertisement