Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

smacl wrote: »
    Ordered up a bunch of low alcohol beers yesterday. Up about 4kg since end of November...
    Should that not be low calorie beers? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

That's what arrived in the box for 60quid.

Craftcentral.ie seem to have a good selection.

Hi,
    Looks good, did you order the specific beers or do they have a €60 option for a selection of beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    Looks good, did you order the specific beers or do they have a €60 option for a selection of beers?

It was their bingo box for bingo last night.

You could order dark or bright but it seems most boxes went put mixed. Fairly subdued event given the week they've had their master brewer being exposed as a qanon/proudboys supporter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

It was their bingo box for bingo last night.

You could order dark or bright but it seems most boxes went put mixed. Fairly subdued event given the week they've had their master brewer being exposed as a qanon/proudboys supporter

I see Joe has "resigned". Twitter being evenly split about it being unfair cancel culture and he has a right to his opinions, the other half being he has a right to state his opinions but if you do, you face the consequences of having those opinions. It has taught me very quickly that anyone using the word "snowflake" to describe someone is most likely a racist, homophobe, bigot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Should that not be low calorie beers? :confused:

Generally, low alcohol will also be lower calorie as one gram of alcohol contains seven calories in addition the other ingredients or mixers. As an example, regular Heineken is 4.3% with 180kcal per 500ml. In contrast, Heineken Light is 3.0% with 110kcal per 500ml can. - almost 40% less calories. Although there's little difference in stepping down to Heineken alcohol free which is 105kcal per 500ml but you could always drink it while out on the bike to burn the calories as they are consumed - tastier than energy gels :)

https://www2.heineken.com/ie/nutritional-values

• Advertisement

crosstownk wrote: »
    Generally, low alcohol will also be lower calorie. As an example, regular Heineken is 4.3% with 180kcal per 500ml. In contrast, Heineken Light is 3.0% with 110kcal per 500ml can. - almost 40% less calories. Although there's little difference in stepping down to Heineken alcohol free which is 105kcal per 500ml but you could always drink it while out on the bike to burn the calories as they are consumed - tastier than energy gels :)

https://www2.heineken.com/ie/nutritional-values

I had a chat with my coach today, he's said if I want to fight I need to stop drinking and eat chicken and veg for the next 3 months.... sigh

I had a chat with my coach today, he's said if I want to fight I need to stop drinking and eat chicken and veg for the next 3 months.... sigh

I dunno. When I was a young lad, lots of alcohol and a trip to the chipper for fried chicken was an easy way to find a fight.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I dunno. When I was a young lad, lots of alcohol and a trip to the chipper for fried chicken was an easy way to find a fight.

Agreed, in fact I recall walking into the cage for the first time and declaring that it would my first sober fight. But if I want to actually win I might have to live clean for a while

Agreed, in fact I recall walking into the cage for the first time and declaring that it would my first sober fight. But if I want to actually win I might have to live clean for a while

The difference is that you (and your opponent) are doing it as a sport with some element of mutual respect - unlike the the alcohol fuelled and unnecessary Saturday night chipper fight!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Once the lockdowns are lifted, I think this is a goer...

https://twitter.com/pgav12/status/1353382017858228225?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Once the lockdowns are lifted, I think this is a goer...

https://twitter.com/pgav12/status/1353382017858228225?s=19

Ohhhh I am all over that like a cheap suit

The girls got their cook on tonight with beef curry and I went out to do the shopping. I'm officially a god/superhero tonight as I arrived back with not only the the required shopping but 5 Easter eggs!!!! Tesco had them stacked up blocking off their clothing section. I won't lie there were 5 but only 4 made it home om nom nom nom :)

The girls got their cook on tonight with beef curry and I went out to do the shopping. I'm officially a god/superhero tonight as I arrived back with not only the the required shopping but 5 Easter eggs!!!! Tesco had them stacked up blocking off their clothing section. I won't lie there were 5 but only 4 made it home om nom nom nom :)

I had two days AL left over from last year so I've taken today and tomorrow off, currently trying to find the motivation to get out on the bike but its very cold. Maybe I'll check under the duvet to see if that's where I left the motivation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i wouldn't go out this morning, the patio last night was lethal, and there's heavy frost.

I am awaiting the warmth to return to my toes after this mornings commute. N11 was grand bar one spot across from Foxrock church where a pipe clearly burst and froze over the path, but easy to see from a distance. I presume the GAI driver in front of me had a scare earlier in the day as he was kerb crawling most of the way.

i wouldn't go out this morning, the patio last night was lethal, and there's heavy frost.
    I'm more thinking the cross bike in the park. Would only be on roads for just over 1km. I think I will go now, given that I've spent the last hour working even though I'm off.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I am awaiting the warmth to return to my toes after this mornings commute. N11 was grand bar one spot across from Foxrock church where a pipe clearly burst and froze over the path, but easy to see from a distance. I presume the GAI driver in front of me had a scare earlier in the day as he was kerb crawling most of the way.

I dont think kerb crawling means what you think it means... probably a little cold and early for 'ladies of the night'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kerb Crawling
    noun [ U ] UK
    UK /ˈkɜːbˌkrɔː.lɪŋ/ US /ˈkɝːbˌkrɑː.lɪŋ/

the activity of driving slowly along a road close to the path at the side in order to ask prostitutes for sex

I'm more thinking the cross bike in the park. Would only be on roads for just over 1km. I think I will go now, given that I've spent the last hour working even though I'm off.

I dont think kerb crawling means what you think it means... probably a little cold and early for 'ladies of the night'
    lennymc wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kerb Crawling
    noun [ U ] UK
    UK /ˈkɜːbˌkrɔː.lɪŋ/ US /ˈkɝːbˌkrɑː.lɪŋ/

the activity of driving slowly along a road close to the path at the side in order to ask prostitutes for sex

The actions are the same even if what he is up to might not be, there simply weren't any prostitutes out in that weather so it is hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Anyone need a €55 off LeCol clothing voucher code? Or a 30% off SIS code? got both off Strava, and I won't use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭dinneenp

wheelo01 wrote: »
    Anyone need a €55 off LeCol clothing voucher code? Or a 30% off SIS code? got both off Strava, and I won't use them.

I'll take it please if it's valid for a €110 spend. Would get this jersey (XL) only for €55 then- link

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

well, this is just depressing. a €100k grant awarded under the town and village renewal scheme, to provide 18 parking spaces.

https://twitter.com/LkCycleDesign/status/1353774461435129857

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Level 5 extended until March 5th according to Twitter leaks. This is just depressing in regard to the 5km limit, surely solo exercise can be permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

dahat wrote: »
    Level 5 extended until March 5th according to Twitter leaks. This is just depressing in regard to the 5km limit, surely solo exercise can be permitted.

I've a funny feeling it'll be longer than that - I have a pain in my hoop with it by now, I'm a solo cyclist, bring all feeds/drinks with me, don't stop for coffee/scones, wear a snood I'll affect no-one!

However, I do see the logic in treating us all like the worst offender, it means theres only one rule to enforce.

I've a funny feeling it'll be longer than that

Yeah. Depressing. Probably Easter. :(

Stupid question as someone who has never bought disc brake wheels before. Do they typically come with the discs or do you have to buy them separately?

the one i bought didn't. as the discs can be different sizes/standards.
    in my case, i was able to swap the disc over from the wheel it was replacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I've a funny feeling it'll be longer than that - I have a pain in my hoop with it by now, I'm a solo cyclist, bring all feeds/drinks with me, don't stop for coffee/scones, wear a snood I'll affect no-one!

However, I do see the logic in treating us all like the worst offender, it means theres only one rule to enforce.

Same boat here and equally frustrated.

Literally Xmas has effected near 6 months of 2021 by the time it’s all eased off.

I'm always one for silver linings, I was to have got a new bike last year for a birthday. Was going to spend 1600 on an Orbea and even at that felt guilty about spending that kind of money on myself and in the end bikes I wanted could not be had anyway.

I no longer feel guilty about spending that much on myself and given out lack of spending in general these days , little car use (140km this month) not eating out, drinking out, days out with kids, no cinema etc etc I have no problem no dropping even more on a really nice bike come summer and and have no restrictions on where I can ride it hopefully :)

• Advertisement

Stupid question as someone who has never bought disc brake wheels before. Do they typically come with the discs or do you have to buy them separately?

Sold separately.

In saying that and not wanting to start something but I've got less braking performance on my disc braked bike than I did on my exalith braked bike

Advertisement