Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

It doesn't actually say it is THE bike though, or have I missed something?
    Could be a replica and still be nothing wrong with that advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Probably in a minority here but I don't have any love for that frame.

Arguably worth it if that is Wiggo's bike, but as a regular F10 - wouldn't grab me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

wheelo01 wrote: »
    It doesn't actually say it is THE bike though, or have I missed something?
    Could be a replica and still be nothing wrong with that advert.

Seller confirms in the comments that is the actual bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Valverde still the 8th highest paid cyclist in the world...thats the wage of a lad who knows where the bodies are buried
    Top 20 highest paid riders, according to L'Équipe

1. Chris Froome (Israel Start-Up Nation) €5.5m
    2. Tadej Pogačar (UAE Team Emirates) €5m
    = Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe) €5m
    4. Geraint Thomas (Ineos Grenadiers) €3.5m
    5. Egan Bernal (Ineos Grenadiers) €2.8m
    6. Michał Kwiatkowski (Ineos Grenadiers) €2.5m
    7. Julian Alaphilippe (Deceuninck-QuickStep) €2.3m
    8. Wout van Aert (Jumbo-Visma) €2.2m
    = Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) €2.2m
    = Richard Carapaz (Ineos Grenadiers) €2.2m
    11. Vincenzo Nibali (Trek-Segafredo) €2.1m
    12. Mathieu van der Poel (Alpecin-Fenix) €2m
    = Adam Yates (Ineos Grenadiers) €2m
    = Primož Roglič (Jumbo-Visma) €2m
    = Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) €2m
    = Jakob Fuglsang (Astana-Premier Tech) €2m
    = Romain Bardet (Team DSM) €2m
    18. Elia Viviani (Cofidis) €1.9m
    = Nairo Quintana (Arkéa-Samsic) €1.9m
    20. Fernando Gaviria (UAE Team Emirates)

More surprised that Bardet is on the same money as the guys in that bracket. He's won little in comparison and nothing outside of France .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,242 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

More surprised that Bardet is on the same money as the guys in that bracket. He's won little in comparison and nothing outside of France .

Roglic would want to tell his agent to get the finger out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Good value from Froome's fee anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

In with Pinot, Fuglsang and Yates is where Bardet should be it's Rog that needs to be asking questions there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

When you need to game the figures, might as well show contempt to both pedestrians and cyclists too!

https://twitter.com/alxrdk/status/1373200201754816515

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

CramCycle wrote: »
    but why hurl abuse at someone who has clearly broken down.
    pure assholes, like people beeping at learners who have stalled soon after taking off at a green light, who obviously DO know the light is green. All its going to do is delay the asshole more as the driver freaks out even more.

I had the same happen after pushing cars before, the moment you do it others jump out to help.
    When you say bus? Like we're you pushing a double decker? I know you track lads put down serious power but jaysis :pac:

for anybody wondering, 5 struggle, but 7 do it easily.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

rubadub wrote: »
    pure assholes, like people beeping at learners who have stalled soon after taking off at a green light, who obviously DO know the light is green. All its going to do is delay the asshole more as the driver freaks out even more.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

If ever someone was unsuited to their job :rolleyes:
    I note the recommendation for pedestrians to wear high-viz also "even in the daytime".
    What a plonker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

On a fellas stag we got donegal daily to publish a completely fabricated story of him reviving someone on the flight in from london.

May as well be on toilet paper.

But the safety chief's attitude stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

The Donegal version of Waterford Whispers?

Not even a mention of a car in all this as if the road just swallows walkers.

Pedestrians only need to do one thing and that's not step on to a road with your back to traffic everything else is pure BS

you'd probably just throw in the towel if you were the road safety officer in donegal though.
    13th most populous county in ireland, but the third highest death toll on the roads in 2020 (absolute figures, louth seems to have a higher per capita rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

you'd probably just throw in the towel if you were the road safety officer in donegal though.
    13th most populous county in ireland, but the third highest death toll on the roads in 2020 (absolute figures, louth seems to have a higher per capita rate)

Third highest death toll? Those walkers must be a scourge! I'm glad he's focused on the right things.

buffalo wrote: »
    Third highest death toll? Those walkers must be a scourge! I'm glad he's focused on the right things.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Herself had to report a male colleague who thought that locking his 200 euro pos full sus bicycle shaped object to her 2k road bike made it more secure. She had to go to his office to ask him to to unlock it despite telling him not to do that on several occasions :rolleyes:

I know what I wanted to do with bolt cutters. Fortunately her work didn't suffer the fool gladly.
    What? did the company uphold the complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thargor wrote: »
    I presume the complaint was he was being creepy and doing it to get interaction time with her, particularly after he had been asked to stop doing it before. Some people are weird.

They couldn't have handled it better. Makes you think though what some lads think is acceptable behaviour or what they will chance their arm at :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I presume the complaint was he was being creepy and doing it to get interaction time with her, particularly after he had been asked to stop doing it before. Some people are weird.
    Yeah Jesus I wasnt implying it was normal or anything.

Yeah Jesus I wasnt implying it was normal or anything.
    Sorry, I thought you might have been implying the complaint was just about the bike locking and not the other implication, I am very tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Sorry, I thought you might have been implying the complaint was just about the bike locking and not the other implication, I am very tired.

Maybe it's because I'm not creepy, but I literally thought it was about locking a bike. People really are f$%^ing weird.

Maybe it's because I'm not creepy, but I literally thought it was about locking a bike. People really are f$%^ing weird.

And if it was done to me, I would think it was someone purposely acting the pr1ck but having seen the behaviour of some towards my daughter over time, nothing surprises me. I work in a predominantly female group, and some of the stories. One co worker (I'm sure many more do) always makes a detailed mental note whenever there is a risk she is going to be found alone while out walking and there is a solitary man nearby in case she has to recite it to the gardai, multiple have been the victims of sexual assault, and talk about it the way I talk about a guy flipping me off on the cycle in. It's not every day but it's talked about in a way that tells you, it is pretty f*cking common. There are a lot more weirdos out there then many of us realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

And if it was done to me, I would think it was someone purposely acting the pr1ck but having seen the behaviour of some towards my daughter over time, nothing surprises me. I work in a predominantly female group, and some of the stories. One co worker (I'm sure many more do) always makes a detailed mental note whenever there is a risk she is going to be found alone while out walking and there is a solitary man nearby in case she has to recite it to the gardai, multiple have been the victims of sexual assault, and talk about it the way I talk about a guy flipping me off on the cycle in. It's not every day but it's talked about in a way that tells you, it is pretty f*cking common. There are a lot more weirdos out there then many of us realise.

It's crazy what some men find acceptable.

My OH has shown me some of the random things she gets on social media and its disgusting.

Another friend spoke on a podcast recently about sex and sexual fantasies, nothing too lewd and said afterwards that her inbox 'had more cocks than a poultry farm'. Men sending unsolicited pics of their junk happens way too often. In general, women have to put up with an awful lot of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's crazy what some men find acceptable.

Men sending unsolicited pics of their junk happens way too often. In general, women have to put up with an awful lot of crap

That's crazy. I find it hard to understand the mentality behind that sort of behaviour. Surely it should be treated as indecent exposure and incur some sort of penalty/court appearance? I think people like that are incapable of learning but I'm sure they'd understand a big hefty fine.

tbf, i did see a rather funny exchange once (may have been fabricated, but there's enough opportunity for it not to have been) where a woman who was sent an unsolicited dick pic started responding with dick pics she found online. to the cries of horror of the recipient, who asked her 'why in god's name are you sending me these????' she just responded 'what? i thought we were just sending each other dick pics? why, is there something wrong with it?'

anyway, it seemed funny at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

crosstownk wrote: »
    That's crazy. I find it hard to understand the mentality behind that sort of behaviour. Surely it should be treated as indecent exposure and incur some sort of penalty/court appearance? I think people like that are incapable of learning but I'm sure they'd understand a big hefty fine.

I'm sure it is an offence but a barely reported one it seems.

Somewhere along the line it seemed to become acceptable to the male population to send junk pics.

Advertisement