Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think is is or imminently is illegal to send unsolicited dick pics now, I think it is under indecent exposure (part of Coco's law that just came in?) I can confirm that this information has not stopped people doing it though :rolleyes:

Strange they needed new laws for this, as far as I know it's already an offence to send a message which causes offence.

Hmmmmmm here I think section 13 http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2007/act/22/schedule/1/enacted/en/html

All they had to do was tweak that for the 21st century, then again I'm not a scholar of the law and it's workings.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Got a tow from an ebike this morning, I tell you I was jealous. Nice guy happy for me to tag on, brought me from Bray to Shankill at a reasonable pace without breaking a sweat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Well, I can't see myself leaving my bike in the city centre for any length of time again.

https://twitter.com/dubslife1/status/1374477871121461249

^ in somewhat related news, not sure where this is could be Bristol and the protests there maybe? I see our neighbours scrote's have an affinity for goose jackets too.

https://twitter.com/CyclingTodayEn/status/1374639342166155264

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭ARX

Bloody cyclists holding up traffic as usual :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

In a fit of madness, I went back to college recently. Again. I received my college Id yesterday and after laughing at the picture for a bit, remembered that student get discounts on stuff. Sweet. Does anyone know of any bike related student discounts or offers that I can avail of to get at least something useful from my education!

lennymc wrote: »
    In a fit of madness, I went back to college recently. Again. I received my college Id yesterday and after laughing at the picture for a bit, remembered that student get discounts on stuff. Sweet. Does anyone know of any bike related student discounts or offers that I can avail of to get at least something useful from my education!

Your race license is half price with Cycling Ireland, just send in a copy of your student ID

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »

You can get an STD in a student bar for the price of a pint (once they open again....)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    You can get an STD in a student bar for the price of a pint (once they open again....)

Short Term Debt?

Looks like it may be - got this from a chap who works in a well known bike shop:

"So I found out today if it wasn't hard enough to get a bike this ****ing Suez canal thing is going to make it even harder as its the main route from the Asian factories, if you have a bike hold onto it you won't get a new one anywhere ☹"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Would be no problem if only the captain would put on the parking lights and put up semaphore stating "just popping into the shop"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

For every day the canal is blocked add 50 ships to the traffic jam, probkem is once blockade is removed the receving ports in Europe won't be able to take all the ships in, so it will take a while for it to unravel !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Would be no problem if only the captain would put on the parking lights and put up semaphore stating "just popping into the shop"

There's obviously a Borza at the side of the canal, they're just collecting their chips

There's obviously a Borza at the side of the canal, they're just collecting their chips

Never heard of Borza before. Do you actually mean the chain of chippers or has it just become a Dublin word for any chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I meant the chain

now *there's* a chain which doesn't need more oil or grease.

• Advertisement

AJR will be disappointed; fewer than one in 150 motorists break the speed limit!

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1375725086657875968

this is an interesting read:
    Everywhere you look, cycling is being portrayed as the cure for obesity we’ve all been waiting for. As a fat person, that just made the decision to get on a bike all the more difficult — because all of these messages make riding a bike as a fat person mean a whole lot more than for others.
    https://sarahj-berry.medium.com/diary-of-a-new-cyclist-pt-10-cycling-while-fat-2d98a22481ae

AJR will be disappointed; fewer than one in 150 motorists break the speed limit!

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1375725086657875968

Was national slow down day an advertised event?

As for fat people cycling everyone's experience and feelings are different but I never thought about that when I first propped my fat self on a bike. It was only after I saw the health benefits that cycling for exercise even entered my head

Was national slow down day an advertised event?
    it was , but not well.

tweeted underneath that; bear in mind that the claimed garda detection rate was 0.63%; the lowest in the RSA survey for private cars was 5% and the highest was 98%:

https://twitter.com/__arran_/status/1376099859934162947

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This is going to be an unpopular post, but this week I finished Carlton Kirby's audiobook titled Magic Spanner. I found it very funny, especially his imitations of Seán Kelly. It's on audible if anyone uses it, I am an audiobook addict, I actually need help at this stage. If you have an Amazon account, you can download your first book for free, here's a link to the book.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

As for fat people cycling everyone's experience and feelings are different but I never thought about that when I first propped my fat self on a bike. It was only after I saw the health benefits that cycling for exercise even entered my head
    Funny the effect the world can have on a person, not sure what I expected after that assh@ tweet at the top of the post but reading the piece, she isn't fat by any definition I understand it. Does Fat mean anyone not petite? Seems to be incredibly fit, I'd be over the moon to be in that good a shape.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Funny the effect the world can have on a person, not sure what I expected after that assh@ tweet at the top of the post but reading the piece, she isn't fat by any definition I understand it. Does Fat mean anyone not petite? Seems to be incredibly fit, I'd be over the moon to be in that good a shape.

Everyone sees themselves differently. I'm just lucky that I don't care what my fat arse looks like to the cars behind me. Never enters my head

My only insecurity on the bike is the moments I wobble the illusion is shattered and I realize my ride style looks like Alaphillipe sprinting and not Anna van der Breggen swanning over the hills of Imola

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

This is going to be an unpopular post, but this week I finished Carlton Kirby's audiobook titled Magic Spanner. I found it very funny, especially his imitations of Seán Kelly. It's on audible if anyone uses it, I am an audiobook addict, I actually need help at this stage. If you have an Amazon account, you can download your first book for free, here's a link to the book.

Thanks. Any other good cycling audio books to recommend?
    I listened to Faster
    These could be good-
    Obsessive-Compulsive-Cycling-Disorder

Pro cycling on $10 a day

Big Audio book fan too, only got back into them since covid really and with me doing more walking. Can't concentrate on them on the bike.

Most of the way through the Dark Tower series by Stephen King at the minute. Sorry I bothered really as I've read them before but forgot what a farce they descend into and that I'd guessed the ending 2 books from the end last time out too. I wouldn't be a huge fan of his, as he can go one of two ways, great story ****ty ending or vice versa but he does write some truly great characters.

I did actually go back to the Kirby book despite me instantly switching it off when I discovered it was himself reading it and it's enjoyable enough.

• Advertisement

Big Audio book fan too, only got back into them since covid really and with me doing more walking. Can't concentrate on them on the bike.

Most of the way through the Dark Tower series by Stephen King at the minute. Sorry I bothered really as I've read them before but forgot what a farce they descend into and that I'd guessed the ending 2 books from the end last time out too. I wouldn't be a huge fan of his, as he can go one of two ways, great story ****ty ending or vice versa but he does write some truly great characters.

I did actually go back to the Kirby book despite me instantly switching it off when I discovered it was himself reading it and it's enjoyable enough.

Does he sped the whole book doing his usual Murray Walker impersonation ?

Advertisement