Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

loyatemu wrote: »
    this is the worst one

https://twitter.com/ormondroyd/status/1354047903778693121

I mean how inconsiderate, to drive a van into a pram, almost rude...

Pram crash really makes it sound like a collision between 2 relatively equal vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dinneenp wrote: »
    Stumbled across a lovely Donda jersey today, never even heard of them before. Pity that postage from the UK to Ireland is........£14.50!!! What are they playing at with that kind of price?

So I contacted them and this was the conversation-

Unfortunately our delivery cost to Ireland are that much. We are only a small company, so we don’t benefit from special rates with delivery companies as of yet. If you spend over £100 you get free delivery. Are there any other jerseys you like? There is a bundle deal that gets you further discount.

Me- Thanks for the quick reply. Was that cost just since Brexit or always that much? Normal UK post to Ireland for up to 2kg is £1.70.

we send everything via the post office signed for/trackable. It’s normally either a large letter or small parcel.

I like the jersey for for £74.50 am not so sure....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Spent part of today cleaning out my late brothers house and one item I saved from the skip is an old Brooks saddle.
    What do people reckon it might be worth?
    (I'd rather it went to a good home than I earn a mortgage payment from it!)
    http://www.adverts.ie/23419902

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i reckon 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

kbannon from the Motoring forum eh? :pac:

Sorry to hear about your brother, that can't be a pleasant activity to face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Spent part of today cleaning out my late brothers house and one item I saved from the skip is an old Brooks saddle.

Firstly, sorry for your loss, no point saying anything else as I am sure you have heard it all before.

Secondly, and regrettably, I can't see it being worth much, leather looks in poor condition and while it might be salvagable, I don't see it without investing the cost of a new brooks. At best you might get a collector who might give €100 if you had any paperwork but that is me reaching a long way. Realistically, anyone who knows the saddles isn't going to pay much over €30. namelessphil might know better with the Audax background but I would pick a new one for €100, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭cletus

Seth, if it was me, I'd buy some leather cream, clean it up as best you can, and give it pride of place in your shed/workshop/man cave

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

less than 80 euro ?
    https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/brooks-england-b67-aged-mens-leather-bicycle-saddle-trekking.424045/

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your brother, that can't be a pleasant activity to face.
    CramCycle wrote: »
    Firstly, sorry for your loss, no point saying anything else as I am sure you have heard it all before.
    Thanks. It was tough, especially as it was seven months after my dad. But I'm grand now, thanks.
    cletus wrote: »
    Seth, if it was me, I'd buy some leather cream, clean it up as best you can, and give it pride of place in your shed/workshop/man cave
    That's actually a really good idea and one that I didn't think of. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Definitely a piece for the man cave or shed. You'll look at it and give the brother a smile :)

Went to the shed to unlock my bike today to go for a spin and ended up fluting around the shed and got the motorbike turning over. Really lacking motivation to train at the minute, work is busy and it feels like groundhog day. I never thought I'd see the day where a haircut, a training session and a pint with the lads would be too much to ask :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that is *quite* off topic.

The nutshot looked bad

For once a cyclist crashes into a van he didnt see while on his phone.
    Van needs more hi viz I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Very sorry for your loss, Seth

Episode 2011: David O’Doherty Meets Paul Kimmage, 1980’s Cycling, What Do You Do With The Past?
    "David fell in and out of love with cycling directly because of Paul and together, they try and figure out their complex relationship with the sport. What do you do with the past?"
    https://www.secondcaptains.com/2021/04/09/episode-2011-david-odoherty-meets-paul-kimmage-1980s-cycling-what-do-you-do-with-the-past/

haven't listened to it myself, but i've heard it's worth a listen. unfortunately i think you need to sign up to patreon to listen to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

This posted already? It's heart-warming, kindness-of-strangers stuff anyway. Worth watching to the end.
    https://twitter.com/cheembeam/status/1381669042772193283

Summer is coming, how do you let people know that you like cycling? Hawaiian shirt with bikes on it of course! . I actually like it...

298155bfda4e130184707f933e10af62_eb8bbbc1-ee0e-48d2-8e3d-947771ca83d4_900x.jpg?v=1613273582

7711b4e707ef7eef70b4465c14c94792_d13546a4-760a-4f70-a0ab-02fdb2c51192_900x.jpg?v=1613273582

Not my cup of tea.
    The OH bought me this tee at Christmas (I think from Avoca) (I think she (wrongly) believes that I'm too old for my heavy metal t shirts)...
    armedangels-jaames-no-off-season-t-shirt.jpg

Can't see it available online but the manufacturer has one with a white/red image...
    https://www.armedangels.com/de-en/men/produkte/jaames-no-off-season-navy-white-30969

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Summer is coming, how do you let people know that you like cycling?
    Shut up and take my money, that's my work shirts for summer sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭cletus

I had the same thoughts, dinnenp, so this is in the post to me at the moment

550038.jpg

Summer is coming, how do you let people know that you like cycling? Hawaiian shirt with bikes on it of course! . I actually like it...

298155bfda4e130184707f933e10af62_eb8bbbc1-ee0e-48d2-8e3d-947771ca83d4_900x.jpg?v=1613273582

7711b4e707ef7eef70b4465c14c94792_d13546a4-760a-4f70-a0ab-02fdb2c51192_900x.jpg?v=1613273582

You will be more noticeable than in hi-vis I reckon

My short love affair with the gravel bike is over. Sold today, was grand but every time I used it I had a sore hip, tried a number of adjustments just wasn't to be

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

They are vile. I wouldn't wear them to milk cows.

My short love affair with the gravel bike is over. Sold today, was grand but every time I used it I had a sore hip, tried a number of adjustments just wasn't to be

Were you mostly cycling it on gravel? Sounds like a stupid question I know

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Were you mostly cycling it on gravel? Sounds like a stupid question I know

Mud and trails. TBH I'm struggling to find time to ride on the road which I love so best to take the chunk of change out while the bike is still fresh

They are vile. I wouldn't wear them to milk cows.

I think it's a bit like Marmite- you either love or hate Hawaiian shirts.

I like this as well, meant to order 1 for a while now

il_794xN.1357612886_kr8n.jpg

il_794xN.1132577700_ka8b.jpg

Mud and trails. TBH I'm struggling to find time to ride on the road which I love so best to take the chunk of change out while the bike is still fresh

Was just wondering because I just switched to a sportif fit bike without actually knowing it was a thing and finding the right positioning has been slow and painful

• Advertisement

i have a joy division/cycling related t shirt, and when i tweeted it, peter hook liked my tweet.

Advertisement