Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

This arrived yesterday - way ahead of summer but let there be rock......

Jersey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote: »
    This arrived yesterday - way ahead of summer but let there be rock......

Jersey.jpg
    Will you wear a blazer and school shorts with it? Angus would be proud!

....and a (Bon) Scott bike of course.

For those about to ride, we salute you.

Will you wear a blazer and school shorts with it? Angus would be proud!

....and a (Bon) Scott bike of course.

For those about to ride, we salute you.

I spent a fair few years in a classic rock covers band playing keys and singing AC/DC so when I saw the jersey I just couldn't resist buying it - a dirty deed but it wasn't done dirt cheap :D

Seth is going to lose his **** when he sees that !!!!! Or maybe not metal enough for him?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i have a joy division/cycling related t shirt, and when i tweeted it, peter hook liked my tweet.
    needless to say, i can't find the tweet now; but this is the t-shirt.

550089.jpg

• Advertisement

I spent a fair few years in a classic rock covers band playing keys and singing AC/DC so when I saw the jersey I just couldn't resist buying it - a dirty deed but it wasn't done dirt cheap :D

I saw them in the point in 1996? I think it was and it was the first time I'd been to a real rock show with production. It was some experience as a 16 year old the stage and set they had was really cool.

Oh I remember these going for about €1500

Not sure if "Ich Will"

Screen-Shot-2016-05-13-at-3.47.16-PM.png

I last saw them in Punchestown 2009 - The Black Ice Tour. What a gig. Probably the best gig I've been to - ahead of Queen, U2 and others. Angus doing his stuff on a catwalk lying down playing that SG in the p1ssing rain. Legendary and unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I last saw them in Punchestown 2009 - The Black Ice Tour. What a gig. Probably the best I've gig been to - ahead of Queen, U2 and others. Angus doing his stuff on a catwalk lying down playing that SG in the p1ssing rain. Legendary and unforgettable.

Whats a gig?

I last saw them in Punchestown 2009 - The Black Ice Tour. What a gig. Probably the best I've gig been to - ahead of Queen, U2 and others. Angus doing his stuff on a catwalk lying down playing that SG in the p1ssing rain. Legendary and unforgettable.

Ha ha ha brilliant. In the point back then he took a golf buggy out back and around shown on cameras inside and appeared in the middle of the arena.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Whats a gig?

Gigs - they're a pre Covid thing that will hopefully return in the future.

ED E wrote: »
    Whats a gig?

1024 megabytes? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've always wanted one if the kraftwerk jerseys. Before I started cycling I thought they were ludicrously expensive, not I'd probably think they're a bargain compared to some of the stuff I've bought

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Oh I remember these going for about €1500

Not sure if "Ich Will"
    i was at a rammstein gig, in the point, and that was one gig where you didn't mind the slightly high ticket price, because you could actually see the money was being used.

for the flamethrower attached to the guitarist's face, for example.

Weepsie wrote: »
    I've always wanted one if the kraftwerk jerseys. Before I started cycling I thought they were ludicrously expensive, not I'd probably think they're a bargain compared to some of the stuff I've bought

The French flag with some bikes in the white part? They still go for stupid money like €80

speaking of music, a chap i work with (who is based in the UK) has on occasion passed the cure's bassist on his cycles. one day alun waved to him and was about to say hello, when he inhaled a fly, and basically (bass-ically?) came near to puking in front of him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I saw them in the point in 1996? I think it was and it was the first time I'd been to a real rock show with production. It was some experience as a 16 year old the stage and set they had was really cool.
    I seen them a few years ago with my partner who is a huge fan, comedy gold as we had to leave early due to intestinal issues, she was so angry but only 3 songs in and an emergency taxi had to be taken home.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,372 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

fancy some new cranks ?
    p3pb20448284.jpg

needless to say, i can't find the tweet now; but this is the t-shirt.

550089.jpg
    should anyone else want one:

https://www.threadless.com/shop/@outfixed/design/bike-division/mens/t-shirt/triblend?color=heather_onyx#m

that artist has a few more on a bike related theme

this beer must be stronger than i thought...

https://twitter.com/RSAIreland/status/1382653335371661312

• Advertisement

note: M&S have their 330ml cans of ale reduced from a slightly eye-watering €3 each to €1.50 each.

I know it might be good ale but for near a 10er a litre at normal price???? I'd want 2 pints served in a pub for that money.

I spotted Aldi had some cans of Pilsner I hadn't tried when I was in for the cycling swag earlier 4 litres for less than 9 euro, I've a feeling we'll be rough in the morning after these :D

i wouldn't go near it at the usual price, but it's good drinkable 6% ale for the equivalent of €2.25 for 500ml now.

I've always been reluctant to by high % beer/ale etc over 5%. Any I've tried I could start to taste the alcohol almost which I found unpleasant.

a friend of mine lived in bristol for years, and there was a microbrewery/pub there which sold what they claimed was the world's strongest beer.
    'james johnson's famous falling over water'. 21%. aidan said it tasted like a really bad port.

21% christ!!!!!. You'd not be drinking that by the pint, for sure you are getting into the fortified wine territory there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,741 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

a friend of mine lived in bristol for years, and there was a microbrewery/pub there which sold what they claimed was the world's strongest beer.
    'james johnson's famous falling over water'. 21%. aidan said it tasted like a really bad port.

Brewdog have a 41% and so do some German brewery they were competing with for worlds strongest beer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Brewdog have a 41% and so do some German brewery they were competing with for worlds strongest beer

Breeding probably took the idea from them after asking them to demo it*

*They have form for that type of thing with marketing

yeah, the anecdote from bristol dates from about 20 or 25 years ago, long before brewdog appeared.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

From YLYL...
    dolanbaker wrote: »
    550386.jpg

Advertisement