Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I noticed some SiS gels in Tesco the other day. Not sure how well they were priced, and their website says they're no longer available. They could be getting rid of stock so might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Discount supplents dot ie for all your gel needs. They have shops in Dublin and Kilcoole and they'll mix up boxes too

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

sports_champions_2x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

BBC's More or Less radio show covered how to cycle really fast recently:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06f8xmb

(Mostly about how different professional cyclists are from amateurs, and how the peloton makes life much easier.)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Following on from discussions on a combined family & cycling trip next July the Mrs has chosen Palmanova area to stay.

Looking at a map not the best location but has anyone stayed in this area and had a bike trip or two?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i saw a triathlete cycling up snowtown earlier. i thought triathletes didn't know about hills?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

i saw a triathlete cycling up snowtown earlier. i thought triathletes didn't know about hills?

He probably just thought his brakes were rubbing....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

They don't. You must have missed his fall down the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    They don't. You must have missed his fall down the other side.

Leave RobFowl alone!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Leave RobFowl alone!

Lies
    All Lies

Di84o1pXgAc4dB6.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

^^ over a wall, break your knee cap and cycle home?

My neighbour stuck a Felt F95 into a skip yesterday because it needed 'everything'. Needless to say it's now in my shed and all it actually needs is tyres (still air in them) a chain and the BB is a bit lumpy. The wheels are straight, the cassette looks ok and all cables are pulling fine. The saddle is torn asunder and it needs bartape.

I have everything needed in the shed apart from chain and BB so for the price of a chain and BB I have a winter hack.

This bike to work scheme really has devalued decentish bikes in the eyes of most people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

jammy bastard.

jammy bastard.

I don't think I'll be able to get it to look as good as the Scott and I'll have to not be as thorough with the cleaning because this one will get locked around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is that net bandage that you see the lads patched up with in the tour readily available in Ireland?

Asking for my knee....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Is that net bandage that you see the lads patched up with in the tour readily available in Ireland?

Asking for my knee....

Definitely, though I've never seen them sold individually. Usually you get a big roll of it and cut to suit. Ask in your local pharmacy for a tubular elastic mesh bandage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Good stuff - thanks for that.

Seven Worlds will Collide

ordered new windows for the house today. thank god i got the frame bought and components ordered before that money has to leave my account...

ordered new windows for the house today. thank god i got the frame bought and components ordered before that money has to leave my account...

I nearly had a stroke when I saw the quote for a new front door and 2 windows last year. Had to pay it in the end.

we've two six panel bays to replace. and french doors, back door, and every other window in the house. five figure sum. only thing we're not replacing is the front door.

• Advertisement

Similar here. We had some doors and a window from a company a few years back paid close to the arm and a leg I expected for them but they don't do the fitting themselves so called the company they recommended in our area and and nearly laughed in the guys face at what I was quoted.

Gave a well regarded local builder a call and he had a fella up in less than an hour quoting us a fraction of what the other chancer wanted and they haven't fallen out yet

Shop around when getting quotes for the fit if it's not included.

Got a new front door as part of some other refurb works post pyrite remediation last year. I love my new door and it's received some amount of compliments from adults and kids alike!

Got a new front door as part of some other refurb works post pyrite remediation last year. I love my new door and it's received some amount of compliments from adults and kids alike!

Nice :)

We had a lady knock on our door a while back tovask where we got it, she was walking around the area looking to choose a new door for herself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Welcome to middle age, population... YOU.

Raam wrote: »
    Welcome to middle age, population... YOU.

I plan on living a long way past 70!

Live fast, die young, leave a beautiful corpse ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Better stop doting on your front door so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

We had a lady knock on our door a while back tovask where we got it, she was walking around the area looking to choose a new door for herself

if it goes missing, you know who took it

the windows we're replacing are knackered old aluminium ones. i wonder if i could fashion the frames into a crude BSO. a sort of graham obree job, but slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Why are so many KOM segment times on Strava bogus? KOM result travelling 186 kph over the East Link bridge is one extreme and a not so close second is 106 Kph, congratulations Brendan and Marie!

Sure this is an extreme example but so many top 10 segment times I have come across (and more) are so clearly the app was left on while in the car... meaning the there is indeed no meaning to it all. I don't care about my times, best I can hope for is beating my own PR and be happy with my joint 1458th place, but it just makes the tool look silly and questionable.

I'm not on Premium so perhaps there's a reporting tool that Strava can look into and fix?

Advertisement