Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lots of dead ones about at the moment; based on their size, probably a lot of adolescents leaving the nest and being squashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,717 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Do you take her on spins like Michele and Frankje

Yeah I've seen a few on the road too unfortunately. Also worth reminding folks not to give them milk if you have them in the garden.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

this needs to happen, and also photos of her adventures

Her own Instagram account of the adventures.

MagicHogstarder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Does anyone know what the sizing is like in Galibier jerseys in relation to their jackets?

What I mean is, I have several of their jackets and need an XL (everything else I own, both cycling and non is size L), do I need an XL in their Jersey?

I have sent them a message, but i want to place the order before i go out, thanks.

I know @Seth Brundle has bought one relatively recently, maybe you could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I have this jersey in XL

I also have the Mistral jacket in XL.

I would say both are a good fit, and I couldn't go down a size.

I also have their cargo bibs, but I have them in large, as most of the reason for me needing XL in the tops is chest size

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Thanks, that's exactly what I was asking.

Yet another Galibier order for me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Alice Louise Sharpe is taking part in the European Championship Road race at the moment on BBC TV, if anyone is interested

(like a mini Olympics isn't it)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

I kinda got an idea in my head last night (after a few pints) about custom painting the fork of my bike.

I was thinking in terms of someone "tattooing" the fork (could be influenced by Francis Cade), but I've no idea who or where I'd go, even just to get a quote.

If anyone has any suggestions, please throw them up here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

What particular thing made the motorcycle meet up at the coffee shop in laragh become so popular or has motorcycling in general just become more popular? I'd be curious to hear other cyclists opinions about it. Have to say I'm less and less enthusiastic about stopping there for coffee at the weekends, it's a very different atmosphere now from even what it was two years ago.

Post edited by monkeyslayer on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The motorbike run over the gap was a thing when I had my bike(s) 20 years ago, and was a thing before that.

Stopping for refreshments was always a thing.

An to the ambiance, it did attract a large number of weekend bikers with a higher % idiot factor (imo).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

No problem at all with the motorbike crew, plenty of friends into it and always found them a friendly bunch. Used to go to the hippy cafe regularly but rarely bother any more, just a bit too busy for my liking. I think Wicklow has become much busier for most activities and the motorbikes are just part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Yea id agree, vast majority do seem really great, I've been a regular in that cafe for near 30years so know the deal. It does seem to be particularly busy with them recently. I'd a run in with one in particular today, I'm not interested in a rant about it tho the staff do seem a little tired of what I experienced too, really just curious about other cyclists experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭Thud

Covid saw a big increase in traffic to Wicklow when people couldn't travel elsewhere for holidays/weekends abroad etc motorbikes included. They had to tow cars, paint double yellow lines on rural roads and set up a park and ride in Laragh because of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Currently in Copenhagen. Holy **** it's another world. Bikes literally everywhere. At a gig last night with 17000 people at least 500-1000 must have arrived by bike and the majority of the rest on a train.

Night and day to here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

driving home after my cycle earlier, we got stuck behind three cyclists southbound on the old N2, through kilshane cross and down onto the M2 (though i think it might be the N2 by that point). i think they were lost; i didn't overtake for about 500m because they were swerving all over the road (by up to 3m in a single move) and two of them ended up going into the DHL facility just south of kilshane cross, while the third headed up the on-ramp onto the N2. i pulled alongside and asked did he know he was heading onto what was effectively a motorway. he gave a slightly confused sounding 'ah yeah, but it's not like that for very long' but did a u-turn and headed back the way he came. all very keystone kops.

i bought a folding bike for my wife - secondhand - because she won't use her e-bike to go to the shops etc. (and i don't blame her) because it's a big fat expensive theft risk.

got this, in very good nick, and she's delighted with it. took it out on its maiden run this evening and was complimented on it by an old lady.

Looks to be gears enough for most situations too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lovely colour. And tanwall tyres ftw

• Advertisement

the colour temperature in that shot is way off, it's actually not quite what it looks like there, the frame is a light cream colour.

we spotted one of these being used in albert college park earlier. they look fantastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

There a father and son on my commute with similar but it's more like a flatbed cargo bike and the son wheels up onto it and straps in. It is very cool looking

i misread the pricing earlier - i saw €4.5k ex vat, and thought, yeah that figures, actually slightly less than expected. i then realised that's for the non-electric version. €7.5k for the ebike version.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sam & Ryan do some cooking...

StickyBottle.com reply to the tweet with this...

which receives this reply 🤣

They almost look like brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,132 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Out of curiosity, which jersey are you ordering?

I've had no problems sending items back to them if the size doesn't fit.

This is the next jersey I'm going to order- https://www.dondacycling.com/products/jersey-3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Any brick-and-mortar stores in Dublin stock Abus Granit X-Plus 540 u-locks? I saw some Abus u-locks in that general ball park in Joe Daly's years ago, but just in case anyone knows and can save me ending up having to go to a few stores.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Halfords website says that they're available (I checked Liffey Valley) for €120

Advertisement