Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^
    I've often been tempted to go left-front, right-rear for just that reason, It looks better too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Seems to be a problem with the August Strava Challenges. I noticed my ride today wasn't included so I checked a few club mates and theirs wasn't either. (Yesterday's ride was registered). :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Eamonnator wrote: »
    ^^^
    I've often been tempted to go left-front, right-rear for just that reason, It looks better too.
    i have always used Front mech - front brake way of cabling.
    i am just a weirdo though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

koutoubia wrote: »
    i have always used Front mech - front brake way of cabling.
    i am just a weirdo though.

Same here, it's the Euro way innit

Just looking to see who we had for the road race at the Euro's next week and we've a team of 10 for the mens race? I knew we'd be able send a bigger team this year but wasn't expecting that many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

No only 6 I'm afraid, max is 8

Seven Worlds will Collide

No only 6 I'm afraid, max is 8

Ah I forgot some would be there for ITT etc.

List of 3 woman and 10 men here http://uec.ch/resources/2018%20Events/2018%20Glasgow/road/lists/2018_UEC_Road_Cycling_European_Championships_Glasgow_GBR_2_12_August_2018.pdf

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

interesting that the major component manufacturers don't make left hand and right hand pull caliper brakes
    also, chatting with someone about this earlier - why has there not been a set of standards decided on for RD hangers? or has there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Our aim for Lejog is the finish on October 9th, that's the night McGregor fights Nurmagamedov, I'll probably be too wrecked to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Can we talk about hockey here....
    Think I've just watched the greatest Irish team performance ever..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

RobFowl wrote: »

You watch alot of hockey? :D

watched it their too, could not watch it normally, not a sport im keen on

Used to watch it as Mrs Fowl used to play. Unlike me though she was talented and played at a decent level.
    Tough sport.
    Torn ACL ended her playing days (hard tackling in that sport).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Used to watch it as Mrs Fowl used to play. Unlike me though she was talented and played at a decent level.
    Tough sport.
    Torn ACL ended her playing days (hard tackling in that sport).

yeah lethal only played handful of times and it gets rough enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,406 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've seen it mentioned on twitter that this is the first time ever - in any sport (may have been field sport) - that ireland has reached the world cup final at senior level, be it in the mens or women's discipline.
    and a team of amateurs did it.

No interest in hockey myself but I hope they can go all the way. Will do their sport a bit of good too and raise it's profile here maybe get more involved in it.

i think of all the bike related endeavours i've gotten myself into, this evening's was possibly the sweatiest i've ever undertaken.

and it's not as if i even sat on the bike, i just wrapped the bars while having a couple of beers. it's bleedin' sweltering.

You remembered to wrap the cables right???? I think I posted before about the last time I did mine and that ohhh ffs moment when you realise :D

You remembered to wrap the cables right???? I think I posted before about the last time I did mind and that ohhh ffs moment when you realise :D
    (not looking)
    (not looking)
    (not looking)

i'll check in the morning.

Downey looking ok here in the points race, fingers crossed for him.

• Advertisement

Some weather out there today, I'm tanned, burned and milk bottle in various areas. The burns are going to hurt in Jiu Jitsu tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was impressed by the German woman Lisa Brennauer - Gold on the track last night in the Pursuit and bronze in the road race today

Seven Worlds will Collide

Some weather out there today, I'm tanned, burned and milk bottle in various areas. The burns are going to hurt in Jiu Jitsu tomorrow :(
    i didn't think it was that sunny today. my skin disagrees.

Was impressed by the German woman Lisa Brennauer - Gold on the track last night in the Pursuit and bronze in the road race today

I'm still shaking my head at the Dutch women in the road race today. No idea what they were playing at. Threw it away in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I'm still shaking my head at the Dutch women in the road race today. No idea what they were playing at. Threw it away in so many ways.

It was unbelievable, so so odd

Also Ackermann's sprint in Tour of Poland was a sight to see. Definitely deviated from his line but was such a burst he deserved the win

i didn't think it was that sunny today. my skin disagrees.

Yes... my arm agrees lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

She's been top class for years now. Been a bit overshadowed the last couple of years but never far away. Former world champ on the road and track. Some operator.

ETA That should be former tt world champ!

Was it mentioned Dunlevy and McCrystal took the Women’s B Tandem Road Race yesterday? What a result for this pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,370 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Was it mentioned Dunlevy and McCrystal took the Women’s B Tandem Road Race yesterday? What a result for this pair.

donegal lass done good

• Advertisement

We've a paved back garden which is big enough, well big enough to do laps on if you are 4 on a little bike. Which is exactly what my daughter was doing this evening, peddling around for a good 25 minutes out there, should have put my phone on her to track her on strava
    #SawTooMuchTrackRacingThisWeekend :D

Advertisement