Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

feck, I think Nial Ring is coming to my local parkrun...

https://twitter.com/TolkaValparkrun/status/1027912186923048966

How can I turn this to my/our advantage? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,766 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Flavor Flav lives in Dublin?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Santry great for getting to town quickly on a bike. Not so nice getting home.

Yes, I know it's not exactly hilly, but that daily drag home is what keeps me fit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Weepsie wrote: »
    Yes, I know it's not exactly hilly, but that daily drag home is what keeps me fit

When my missus lived in Whitehall I used to get from her house to GCD in 16 minutes on the bike. It was great!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

drove home from dungarvan today - went via clonmel. that road between dungarvan and clonmel (via ballymacarbry) would be a really fantastic road to cycle were it not for motorists on it. we saw the two most idiotic overtaking stunts we've seen all year - one reckless, one simply inexplicable. we were also overtake twice ourselves in ways that suggested the other driver had a great faith in god.
    would never ever want to cycle on that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

drove home from dungarvan today - went via clonmel. that road between dungarvan and clonmel (via ballymacarbry) would be a really fantastic road to cycle were it not for motorists on it. we saw the two most idiotic overtaking stunts we've seen all year - one reckless, one simply inexplicable. we were also overtake twice ourselves in ways that suggested the other driver had a great faith in god.
    would never ever want to cycle on that road.

It's not too bad at times, Fridays are hectic with traffic from Clonmel to Dungarvan and vice versa.
    Dungarvan to Clonmel is very deceiving, a draggy route that saps the legs, add a headwind n its a hellish 40km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

dahat wrote: »
    It's not too bad at times, Fridays are hectic with traffic from Clonmel to Dungarvan and vice versa.
    Dungarvan to Clonmel is very deceiving, a draggy route that saps the legs, add a headwind n its a hellish 40km.

I drive this route for work every week. Always meet a good few cyclists on it so it seems popular enough. One cyclist in particular I always seem to meet on it every time, I'd say he lives on the bike the lucky sod

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The Team and Keirin National Championships are on in Sundrive Velodrome tomorrow if anyone is looking for some pedally action tomorrow. All spectators welcome!

Order of events here:
    http://www.trackcycling.ie/?p=6202

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

On the 7.35am train to Galway tomorrow and then cy ling straight back. Feeding and hydrating all day... any excuse to eat like a pig

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm hell bent on heading back down and cycling from tramore to dungarvan, some of the parts of the copper coast road are fantastic.

• Advertisement

I found the road into Carrick when coming off the motorway is a really twisty piece of work with feck all straight line visibility. Not a nice road at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

i'm hell bent on heading back down and cycling from tramore to dungarvan, some of the parts of the copper coast road are fantastic.

I did the Copper Coast from Waterford to Dungarvan and back the greenway. Stunning area and stuck as much to the coast as possible. Some lovely less traveled boreens around there.

Really worth doing.

The Coast road is a fair spin and lumpy but on a good day its savage.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    I found the road into Carrick when coming off the motorway is a really twisty piece of work with feck all straight line visibility. Not a nice road at all.

Off the motorway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

The Copper Coast on the Saturday and then give this a lash on the Sunday :)

https://www.comeraghtour.com/

Anyone ever head to this, any use?

https://www.cycleshow.co.uk/

marvin80 wrote: »
    The Copper Coast on the Saturday and then give this a lash on the Sunday :)

https://www.comeraghtour.com/
    that's a quite specific entry fee.

This is the route I tried to use.
    https://www.strava.com/routes/10123800

that's a quite specific entry fee.

I presume €1.52 of the €26.52 is to cover the eventrbrite fee and then a clean €25 for charity.

This is the route I tried to use.
    https://www.strava.com/routes/10123800

Very lumpy route!

• Advertisement

marvin80 wrote: »
    Very lumpy route!

Turned out 1429m of climbing and 88.9km as there was a dead end in the route. It was great though. Apart from the last hour where it lashed rain. Very little traffic on a Monday morning. One of the more enjoyable trips.

Off the motorway?

Yes. You exit the motorway and drive along the road until the sign for Carrick and turn and it's the road from there to which I am referring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks - is it just me or is BMX for grown men and women ridiculous?

Seven Worlds will Collide

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Yes. You exit the motorway and drive along the road until the sign for Carrick and turn and it's the road from there to which I am referring.

Yes, my bad. The back road to Kilmeadan as I know it, very tricky road and not ideal for a lone cyclist. Strangely though you never hear of incidents on that stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I'm afraid it's just you.
    Anybody enjoying their biking is all good.

the only concern i have regarding adults taking up BMX is that you heal more slowly the older you get.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I think it's awesome.
    I spend an inordinate amount of time watching trials videos on YouTube though :pac:
    Look up Sean Watson, awesome stuff

ETA I've never even say on a BMX or a trials bike fyi

before i start looking - does the garmin edge 25 come with a spare mount? i have a very vague memory that there was one in the box.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

before i start looking - does the garmin edge 25 come with a spare mount? i have a very vague memory that there was one in the box.

Stem mount? I've a few knocking about spare I think if you're stuck. I often find them in the couch. I think any garmin I had came with 2, except the 1030

• Advertisement

cheers - will have a poke around to see if i can find mine, may prevail on your charity if not.

Advertisement