Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No worries, I'm forever misplacing them and finding them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Folks - is it just me or is BMX for grown men and women ridiculous?

Very much just you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Folks - is it just me or is BMX for grown men and women ridiculous?
    I marvel at how their knees take it, I love the fact that they are doing what I want to be doing.
    cheers - will have a poke around to see if i can find mine, may prevail on your charity if not.
    I found one as well if you need it drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,776 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can anyone confirm if Fizik use an M5 threaded bolt for their stems?
    I'm looking at Garmin faceplate mounts from JRC Components, will be very neat & tidy if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭buffalo

Bumper to bumper in Dublin this morning on the NCR from Jones' Road through Five Lamps into the IFSC.

I presume it's days like this that lead to people calling cyclists 'smug gits', because I passed over 200 cars on the way in that were not moving any time soon, and I felt pretty self-satisfied that my commute took the same time as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

buffalo wrote: »
    Bumper to bumper in Dublin this morning on the NCR from Jones' Road through Five Lamps into the IFSC.

I presume it's days like this that lead to people calling cyclists 'smug gits', because I passed over 200 cars on the way in that were not moving any time soon, and I felt pretty self-satisfied that my commute took the same time as usual.
    Roads are closed around Amiens St due to a serious assault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Perhaps get your properhiviz printed with "You'd be there already if you were riding a bike"?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you could have at least offered one trapped motorist a backer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I was wondering. I'm normally on a late shift Mondays, today I was in early for the first time in ages and I thought it wasn't normal

Aye, heard it on the news before I left the house, knew it'd be bonkers.

'Motorists are advised to use alternative routes', not 'Motorists are advised to not drive into the city'.

• Advertisement

Observed behaviour:
    * cars stuck arseways at each junction, blocking the cycle track. Special mention to the Eir van driver on the NCR which left very little room between it and the illegally-parked keg delivery truck alongside it, so nobody could use the cycle track. He also left no room in front to return to the cycle track after going around the outside of the van.
    * beeping from the second driver in a queue at Summerhill when the first driver in the queue waited for the glut of cyclists to clear before moving off... to the back of the queue of traffic on the other side of the junction
    * truck driver doing a quick lane change on Portland Row with at least three cyclists in his blind spot
    * driver doing illegal right-turn at five lamps
    * the oncoming driver in the IFSC who refused to leave any room for filtering cyclists

Also, the fumes in the air on the NCR, ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Aye, heard it on the news before I left the house, knew it'd be bonkers.

'Motorists are advised to use alternative routes', not 'Motorists are advised to not drive into the city'.

"Motorists are advised to look deep into their souls, ask what am I doing with my life?, then go for a bike ride and smile!"

Anyone know if you can change the pedals easily on a Dublin Bike?

Why? You mean you're gonna throw on a set of spd's on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

looks like a standard crank:
    https://www.just-eat.ie/blog/getting-taste-dublin-just-eat-dublinbikes/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,560 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

richard oakley did the WW200 on one, didn't he? i wonder if he used the standard pedals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Doc07

You’re doing the Hillclimb on a DB!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭De Bhál

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

"No point in arguing when you're wrong"... :)

I needed to make some big changes and one of those was changing employer. I handed in my notice today, moving to a competitor... I now have a month to enjoy on the bike ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I needed to make some big changes and one of those was changing employer. I handed in my notice today, moving to a competitor... I now have a month to enjoy on the bike ðŸ˜

Congrats. Have a second round interview myself tomorrow

why did argon 18 name their company after an unusually heavy gas?
    and why did they name one of their first bikes the gallium, a metal which melts below human body temperature?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've got to give 6 months notice:(

They've got to give me 12 mind (or pay me in lieu):D

Beasty wrote: »
    I've got to give 6 months notice:(

They've got to give me 12 mind (or pay me in lieu):D

I've got to go in tomorrow to write a handover doc and then I'm on garden leave for a month, I start the new job and 2 weeks in I'm off again for 2 weeks holiday (Well Lejog) so between now and October 11th I'm only in work for 2 weeks :)

Actually on the hunt for work myself having been a stay at home Dad for the last number of years and I reckon if I was a woman in the same position I'd have no issues but I'm not exactly feeling the love from recruiters I've dealt with. I get the distinct impression they see me as a hard sell. :mad:

Actually on the hunt for work myself having been a stay at home Dad for the last number of years and I reckon if I was a woman in the same position I'd have no issues but I'm not exactly feeling the love from recruiters I've dealt with. I get the distinct impression they see me as a hard sell. :mad:

Recruiters are scum :pac:

I'm a recruiter, happy to point you in the direction of decent peers that could help

• Registered Users Posts: 11,767 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

why did argon 18 name their company after an unusually heavy gas?
    and why did they name one of their first bikes the gallium, a metal which melts below human body temperature?

Argon also means "the lazy one", due to its remarkable unwillingness to react with other chemicals. But it sounds kind of cool, and it glows a nice colour.

i wonder why they didn't name the company uranium 238.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Thud

Had a look yesterday evening, looks like a standard 15mm pedal wrench will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Interesting piece about antique Irish bicycles, including a section on the Pierce lockout when underpaid workers joined the Transport Union

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/irish-made-bicycles.125030/

Advertisement