Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I hope this isn't a spoiler as the stage wasn't televised...

Eddie Dunbar got 9th in stage 7 of L'Avenir today. Only 35 km long but two proper mountains. Stage dominated by Colombian team.

Yeah he is up to 6th on GC now with 3 mountain stages left only 30 seconds back. The irish team has been performing well in each stage up till now and unlucky not to get a stage win so far. Would love to be able to get a few hours coverage of this over the weekend but footage seems scarce.

Todays summit finish was a close one with the American pipped on the line after celebrating too early.

DlTRxf4WwAAAoLn.jpg

Mark Downey had a second place yesterday too.

Are Eurosport covering it? I know they showed some of it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Phoenix Park closed to everyone, cyclists included, on Monday until 7am Tuesday, I know there's a few of us who use it on the commute

https://www.garda.ie/en/about-us/our-departments/office-of-corporate-communications/news-media/traffic-restrictions-in-phoenix-park-on-monday-27th-august-2018.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

what's happening on monday that they can't even allow pedestrians in? is the whole place being decontaminated?

No idea. The Garda had a live Q&A earlier, someone asked them why ban cyclists but there was no answer.

If anything the whole thing raised more questions, e.g are you allowed cycle, or even walk with your bike, on the closed roads, take a look at this thread

https://twitter.com/ccferrie/status/1032658921918554117?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Where's the guid to cyclists and the law - road markings, legalities on cycle lanes, etc? I thought it was linked here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113049

but can't see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are you looking for the List of Irish Cycling Legislation thread? (#20 on the Popular Threads post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Are you looking for the List of Irish Cycling Legislation thread? (#20 on the Popular Threads post)

Yes! Thank you! My eyes must have given up by #20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Galway bound, cycling back today in aid of Laura Lynn

Heading to the shed this morning thought I'd better go back and change my top, bit cooler than it's been for a while. Had a lovely head wind in my face on my 20km spin filled with a rich aroma of freshly spread manure. I love this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Anyone have any experience bringing a bike on the train from Limerick Junction to Limerick - early train midweek?

Hard to tell from the Irish Rail site if there is any capacity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

from 'christ on a bike' to 'on a christ bike'.

https://twitter.com/ManAboutCouch/status/1032968089581875200

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Anyone know if you can hire a tandem bike near the Waterford Greenway?

i was keeping an eye out for tandems when we were on the greenway, and saw none. that's as hard as i looked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I know a few have commented recently about Strava issues. The site has definitely hit some sort of threshold in terms of time it takes to do anything, from upload via Garmin Connect or change an activity type.

I wonder if their recent billing structure change has been motivated by an increase in server load and a need to expand their infrastructure?

tour de l'avenir live on eurosport now.

buffalo wrote: »
    I know a few have commented recently about Strava issues. The site has definitely hit some sort of threshold in terms of time it takes to do anything, from upload via Garmin Connect or change an activity type.
    i've seen issues on garmin's side too, but i have noticed strava has been slower than usual calculating placings after an activity upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭dahat

buffalo wrote: »

I wonder if their recent billing structure change has been motivated by an increase in server load and a need to expand their infrastructure?

It's utterly painful tbh and as I'm paying for premium I expect better. They need to get these issues sorted ASAP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Uploaded automatically from a Garmin 1030 to garmin/connect and Strava automatically within seconds of finishing a ride earlier today.

I'm finding Garmin Connect itself less than useful however of late.

Javier Otxoa passed away yesterday. He's got a tragic but quite remarkable story too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/javier-otxoa-dies-aged-43-after-long-illness/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Weepsie wrote: »
    Uploaded automatically from a Garmin 1030 to garmin/connect and Strava automatically within seconds of finishing a ride earlier today.

I'm finding Garmin Connect itself less than useful however of late.

Yep, they seem to be hiding details of the ride you've just finished ever deeper into the menu structure. In other news, I've figured out which type of telly I'm buying for the next upgrade.

In tour de l'avenir news
    Dunbar was pipped on the line in a sprint to finish second, had to go a little early. He finished a very respectable 8th overall in GC

• Registered Users Posts: 31,064 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

smacl wrote: »
    Yep, they seem to be hiding details of the ride you've just finished ever deeper into the menu structure. In other news, I've figured out which type of telly I'm buying for the next upgrade.

Those virtual cyclists need a bike fit. They're really rocking their hips.

I definitely need a new saddle, mine is flexing and bending in the middle now and my lower back is killing me after a long week of riding. I'm kinda worried now though given I like the saddle but I think I need something that will last better than the Syncros one that came with the Scott

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I definitely need a new saddle, mine is flexing and bending in the middle now and my lower back is killing me after a long week of riding. I'm kinda worried now though given I like the saddle but I think I need something that will last better than the Syncros one that came with the Scott

I have a white Charge Spoon you're welcome to if you need a temporary or permanent fix.

€0

I have a white Charge Spoon you're welcome to if you need a temporary or permanent fix.

€0

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated, I have a spare there if needed but it's black and white so won't be a permanent fix. I was just talking to the lad that owns the bike shop and he said I can try a couple for spins to see how I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Javier Otxoa passed away yesterday. He's got a tragic but quite remarkable story too.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/javier-otxoa-dies-aged-43-after-long-illness/

Very sad - amazing story and quite a remarkable person to come back into the sport after everything that happened. RIP

Gardai apparently carrying out an operation targeting cars parked in cycle lanes, known as doing what we would expect to be part of their daily routine to you and I.

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1034021908432539648

Surprised they only did 4 people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Eurosport Player app is doing my head in, I can watch and cast from my laptop. I can watch on my phone but when when I go to cast from the phone it brings up a subscription screen and/or the telly shows 'update app' which there doesn't appear to be any on the play store. re-installed but no joy grrrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement