Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Cool. I'll have to give that a go. There's a ban in our kids school too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Over the summer, I found they did break up a bit in the back pocket - I just reduced the butter/ oil by half and it seems to do the trick.

I've tried a few different home options, but I keep coming back to these. Just really make sure they're cold before cutting up with a sharp knife, as they can crumble a bit if they're not cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone care to recommend moisture wicking bar tape? My current one is awful when the sweat builds up from turbo sessions, it's gross tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone care to recommend moisture wicking bar tape? My current one is awful when the sweat builds up from turbo sessions, it's gross tbh.

The problem is the turbo ;)
    Get out doors .....

RobFowl wrote: »
    The problem is the turbo ;)
    Get out doors .....

Good old Robfowl beating the outdoor drum!!!

Unfortunately not an adoption during winter weekdays for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I know nothing about turbos but can't you just throw a towel over the front of the bike to catch the sweat?

I know nothing about turbos but can't you just throw a towel over the front of the bike to catch the sweat?

It's sweaty palms grabbing drops with the current tape being almost non absorbent if ya get me.
    I have tried gloves but that experiment didn't last so long.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's sweaty palms grabbing drops with the current tape being almost non absorbent if ya get me.

I wear gloves when rolling for that reason, I find that good but I'm not the sweatiest. Maybe a couple of facecloths under each hand? Or you could make a little rolling mitten thing with umbrella fabric (waterproof, can be gotten in a good fabric shop)sewn to the bottom of two facecloths then you can pop them onto your bars/hoods and roll away to your hearts content? It'd be washable as well.
    Maybe check your bars after winter, all that salt can't be great for them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

You have a big fan right?

mloc123 wrote: »
    You have a big fan right?

Yep but it's a small space and this time of year I'm wary of a fan with the colder weatjer.

• Advertisement

nee wrote: »
    I wear gloves when rolling for that reason, I find that good but I'm not the sweatiest. Maybe a couple of facecloths under each hand? Or you could make a little rolling mitten thing with umbrella fabric (waterproof, can be gotten in a good fabric shop)sewn to the bottom of two facecloths then you can pop them onto your bars/hoods and roll away to your hearts content? It'd be washable as well.
    Maybe check your bars after winter, all that salt can't be great for them :eek:

These bars have seen 2 previous winters so checking them is sound advice. ðŸ‘

I'd say the face cloth tip isn't a bad call on its own, should absorb quite a bit of moisture.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

New bike day Monday... can't wait :Pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Ryath

45323504_2323720217669270_3987376817890656256_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=c49d312c40c051876c18dfa9f3b8e2b2&oe=5C76F1CF

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://twicycle.com/

How much of a boost do you think that would be? Id say it would murder your back over any kind of long distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,066 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Thargor wrote: »

How much of a boost do you think that would be? Id say it would murder your back over any kind of long distance.

Looks a bit like 69ing your bike with that drivetrain inches from your face.

You'd want to check the weather forecast before you left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Thargor wrote: »

Is it U.C.I. legal for open races?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I went up the Devil's Elbow fasted on my possibly 12kg+ steel bike in 34x27 lowest gear today and it wasn't that bad.

[Stares at hands. Drops to knees] WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Have the CI AGM motions being posted anywhere yet. AGM is in a few days but no sign of them AFAIK

Does anybody know of anywhere around Southside Dublin City Centre where I could buy a set of 'get me out of a jam' lights? Somewhere I could get to from Leeson St on foot or Dublin Bike at 5.30 before they close

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Does anybody know of anywhere around Southside Dublin City Centre where I could buy a set of 'get me out of a jam' lights? Somewhere I could get to from Leeson St on foot or Dublin Bike at 5.30 before they close

Rathmines with Think Bike, Aldi there as well, a few on Camden St.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

ThinkBike is about a 20 minute walk away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

mloc123 wrote: »
    That not everyone lives within walking distance of a gym?

bikes work too, she just happens to prefer walking, its less location than type of clientele in that area

CramCycle wrote: »
    Rathmines with Think Bike, Aldi there as well, a few on Camden St.
    Weepsie wrote: »
    ThinkBike is about a 20 minute walk away

Thanks! I'll wander up there
    manafana wrote: »
    bikes work too, she just happens to prefer walking, its less location than type of clientele in that area

My gym doesn't allow bikes in and you have to lock them outside, I wouldn't lock anything decent outside my gym.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

CramCycle wrote: »
    Have the CI AGM motions being posted anywhere yet. AGM is in a few days but no sign of them AFAIK

Motions were on the Final AGM notice

Seems like they're getting tough on "offending public decency".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Is that to do with wearing Lycra into cafes where a Boards poster has a habit of staring at men’s privates and being offended by them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Yep, looks that way and hopefully results in the banning of certain pink/grey kit combinations :D
    1El9S9z.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

There's probably a better forum for this question but I don't want to leave my Safe Place...Can a physio refer you for an MRI or does it need to be a GP?

Got the new bike tonight and cycled home, great to be back on the road

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

colm18 wrote: »
    There's probably a better forum for this question but I don't want to leave my Safe Place...Can a physio refer you for an MRI or does it need to be a GP?

Needs to be a doc afaik.

Advertisement