Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,729 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Luxman wrote: »
    I did this too but found oven at a very low setting more effective.

By the time i realised it was damaged 24 hrs had passed so I reckon I'm chasing shadows. I'm currently utilising a radiator but I'm not at all hopeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Have you tried holding the on button for 10 seconds, mine acted up previously , acting dead like and this worked, rebooted it . They are pretty well sealed against normal rain etc, unless you dropped it in loo or something !
    Sorry to hear of your mechanical issues too, bummer at this time of year with all bike shops closed.

Bloody nightmare tbh but sure its the festive season and loads of reason to be jolly!!!!

I'm slowly working through them with a borrowed 500 from a club mate & the bolt issue has temporarily been resolved, I think!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

secman wrote: »
    Have you tried holding the on button for 10 seconds, mine acted up previously , acting dead like and this worked, rebooted it . They are pretty well sealed against normal rain etc, unless you dropped it in loo or something !
    Sorry to hear of your mechanical issues too, bummer at this time of year with all bike shops closed.

Even if you fully submerge a garmin head unit they should be fine. Have a look at the method DC rainmaker uses to clear out the barometric altimeter hole!
    Pretty much the only way of causing worrying water damage is plugging a USB cable in while there is water in the port (as far as I know).

It seems to be coming round a bit but screen flicker and clarity is definitely affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Drove down from Galway to Kilkenny today for Christmas. Packed up the bike and all the gear so I can go for a spin. I knew, I just knew, I would forget something... I brought my lights but forgot the attachments... D'oh! Some black electrical tape will have to be used I think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Drove down from Galway to Kilkenny today for Christmas. Packed up the bike and all the gear so I can go for a spin. I knew, I just knew, I would forget something... I brought my lights but forgot the attachments... D'oh! Some black electrical tape will have to be used I think :pac:

Gaffer tape is the best way to fit lights

Almost got rumbled getting santy stuff out of the attic there, noise woke the eldest who decided she wanted the loo as I was about to pass the stuff down to my partner, why is dad up there? He's looking for more decorations love go back to bed :pac:

Almost got rumbled getting santy stuff out of the attic there, noise woke the eldest who decided she wanted the loo as I was about to pass the stuff down to my partner, why is dad up there? He's looking for more decorations love go back to bed :pac:

How old is your eldest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

How old is your eldest?

• Advertisement

How old is your eldest?

5 next week not 23 as Jimmy suggests though going on 23 in a few ways the little so and so :D

I'm going to have great fun telling her Santy left that for Christmas and your birthday love knowing we've more swag up in the attic for the birthday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Happy this day everyone!

Hmmm thinking of taking a spin up Mount Leinster tomorrow to the mast. Been meaning to do it for ages. I've never climbed anything that steep before though :eek:

Happy December 25th. I just had my traditional Xmas night spin, I normally have the roads to myself but the city was a hive of activity

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Happy December 25th. I just had my traditional Xmas night spin, I normally have the roads to myself but the city was a hive of activity

NCD was a nightmare today. Heavy traffic just faster and even more entitled.

After the chaos that ensued here this morning with one on a new bike and one in a new walker chasing the bike and have the bruises on my shins from walker impacts, I was told I should go for a spin..... yeah after the feed we just had ????? It'll take 2 days of fasting to not get a stitch from that one :D

NCD was a nightmare today. Heavy traffic just faster and even more entitled.

Jaysis I can imagine! Everyone stressing in the cars visiting family.

Skipped it completely today. Empty roads and bliss, even if I didn't have the fitness to drop the hammer and try to take the Grafton Street KOM

P_1 wrote: »
    Jaysis I can imagine! Everyone stressing in the cars visiting family.

Skipped it completely today. Empty roads and bliss, even if I didn't have the fitness to drop the hammer and try to take the Grafton Street KOM

Grafton st was too busy to go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hmmm thinking of taking a spin up Mount Leinster tomorrow to the mast. Been meaning to do it for ages. I've never climbed anything that steep before though :eek:
    It's the descent you need to worry about. Presumably you've fitted fresh heat resistant brake pads?

Grafton st was too busy to go for it.

Wasn't too bad around 10am. Though really at this stage you likely need to hit it at first light to guarantee it would be empty

• Advertisement

It's the descent you need to worry about. Presumably you've fitted fresh heat resistant brake pads?

I'm hoping my disc brakes will do the job!

I'm hoping my disc brakes will do the job!
    Should be grand so!

Should be grand so!

I'm glad that I've seen that video before and this is not my first time! :D

I didn't make it to the mast :o

Got up to Nine Stones from Borris okay. It was tough, but okay.

Started the climb to the mast... the road was very wet and anytime I attempted to get out of the saddle the back tyre would lose grip. This resulted in me having to clip out a few times because I had so little momentum. Then it was bloody tough to try and get going again because it was so steep. I got about halfway up but it was futile to keep going as it was so stop-start and I was starting to get cold.

Mount Leinster has won this time but I'll be back! (when it's dry).

Whats the gradient to the mast? Must be north of 15% from what you described?

It varies but over 20% near the start.

The access road to the mast is about 2.6 km at an average gradient of 13.4%. I think it reaches around 20% a good few times.

I noticed on Strava that a guy made it up there today on a bike... 27 minutes. Kudos to him, he's a better cyclist than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

We met a guy in black and red heading up at about 12 today as we were walking back down. Was that you?

There were a lot of walkers up there today.

yeahhhh I'd be needing a push up that :o

• Advertisement

We met a guy in black and red heading up at about 12 today as we were walking back down. Was that you?

There were a lot of walkers up there today.

Don't think so; it would have been around 2pm when I was there.

Yeah I was surprised that there were so many walkers. I'm sure I provided great entertainment for any onlookers with my feeble attempts at trying to stay upright on the bike :D

Advertisement