Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Just in the red line there and 3 Guards got on at the Museum (beside CCJ) so obviously in court, one had a clear evidence bag with a bolt cutters and bike lock in it. It gave me a smile anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just renewed my car insurance. for the price i could probably get a reasonably decent secondhand bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

not about cycling, but an interesting read:

The long read: Why exercise alone won’t save us
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/jan/03/why-exercise-alone-wont-save-us

Very interesting. As well as people working activity into their day, there's this aspect.
    Urban planning that better addresses the outdoor experience and encourages movement would be a key part of this change.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've lost the rubber strap/band (size - large) that holds a Garmin cadence senor to the crank arm.

Does anyone have a spare large band that they would be willing to pop in the post to me? :D:o

(they normally come in a set of 3 - small, medium and large, but only the large fits my crank arm).

I've lost the rubber strap/band (size - large) that holds a Garmin cadence senor to the crank arm.

Does anyone have a spare large band that they would be willing to pop in the post to me? :D:o

(they normally come in a set of 3 - small, medium and large, but only the large fits my crank arm).

360cycles had them in stock before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Thin cable ties??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I may have some of the edge holder ones which should also work, will look tomorrow. PM me tomorrow if you want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A mate of my mine was able to give me a spare band so I'm sorted now.

Thanks for the suggestions and help lads :)

Thinly veiled troll account here https://twitter.com/BehaviorCycling

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

saw that yesterday. i'd be more impressed if there was even a hint of wit to it, but it's all very low-brow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Can't spell behaviour, posting evidence of themselves using their phone while driving... I'd reckon the account will appeal to a lot of people!

Odd commute this morning. I was stopped by a Motorcycle Guard on the canal to ask why a taxi driver was shouting at me as he passed me at the lights, Guard seemed to want to go after him. It was my neighbour asking if I needed my dog walked :pac: The Guard had thought he’d stumbled across an altercation so fair play I guess.

Then at Harold’s Cross, I was in the cycle lane (solid line) when a car came into it on top of me, I had to place a few side fists onto the car to let him know I was there, not enough to do any damage at all and the driver lost the plot screaming criminal damage and went to get out to ‘sort me out’, he didn’t in the end and just drove off but not before a chap who seen the whole lot had taken pics of his reg. On reflection I’ve taken two things from this, the first being cycling the canal 200odd times a year on a commute leads to far too many close calls, my old commute where I could avoid the canal led to very few of these instances, the canal between Blackhorse and Ranelagh seems to bring out the worst in drivers and cyclists alike. The next being I am either going to have to find a new route or reconsider cycling to work and instead move to Luas full time. I just can’t afford a stupid injury that will keep me out of training. There’s not a lot I could have done differently this morning, bright clothing, front and rear lights blazing away and in the correct road position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Miklos wrote: »
    Can't spell behaviour, posting evidence of themselves using their phone while driving... I'd reckon the account will appeal to a lot of people!

You can see their Tax is out of date as well. :rolleyes:

daragh_ wrote: »
    You can see their Tax is out of date as well. :rolleyes:

My neighbours all round me are lovely, figured out that the fact that two have not paid VRT (still on english plates after a year) and the rest have out of date tax discs might be be of the reasons they are so nice, so no one is spiteful and calls revenue/gardai on them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Thinly veiled troll account here https://twitter.com/BehaviorCycling
    I've only seen the sticky bottle article, which was of messy groups riding two abreast not the 3 or more as claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

ignore... hadn't finished the article. It's a long article!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

Hi everyone,
    Anyone know where I could source a universal silicon holder for my front light. It straps around crossbar and i can click the light on and off of it. Its a FORCE CASS Micro USB 300 Lumen Front Light.

I can't show a picture as I'm new. It fell off my bike on my way to work and I couldn't locate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Ryath

tomasrojo off to a gig! :p

qfbnr56h0rfg6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

If anyone missed it billy connolly had a 2 part biopic on the bbc over christmas, in the second of which he briefly discusses his love of cycling, breaking out his old road bike.

Think he summed up the beauty of cycling pretty well.

Its a FORCE CASS Micro USB 300 Lumen Front Light.
    one of these jobbies?
    https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/force-cass-micro-usb-300-lumen-front-light/1600297158.prd

it may be a proprietary mount.

do you think that if i emailed strava and said 'i was charging up that hill but some dope was parked across the cycle lane and yellow box, and cost me at least six seconds, resulting in me missing out on my PR by five seconds', they'd tweak the entry in the database and give me the PR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

one of these jobbies?

it may be a proprietary mount.

That's the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

do you think that if i emailed strava and said 'i was charging up that hill but some dope was parked across the cycle lane and yellow box, and cost me at least six seconds, resulting in me missing out on my PR by five seconds', they'd tweak the entry in the database and give me the PR?

Download the GPX, edit, re-upload :pac:

ED E wrote: »
    Download the GPX, edit, re-upload :pac:

Worse than Lance Armstrong

demonstrator falls onto his side to demonstrate an airbag which does not protect your sides, has to roll on to his back to pretend it's actually done anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's been around the horse world for a long time, they were evenly expensive but highly effective.

I wonder what the mechanism for inflation is on the bike version? The horse one connects to a d ring on the saddle so if it's put under pressure it inflates. I think it's similar for motorcycle ones. How does the bike one know when to inflate?

• Advertisement

you're much more likely to be thrown backwards off a horse than off a bike (look at me talking as if i know what i'm talking about!) though, aren't you?

Advertisement