Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

silver groupsets > black groupsets. what lunatics think otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

My new steed and it is fun! Ragley Trig Adventure. It looks much better in the flesh than this professional photo as it's really a gunmetal grey rather than silver.

prod176557_Gloss%20Grey-Navy-Blue_NE_01?wid=960&hei=498

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

My new steed and it is fun! Ragley Trig Adventure. It looks much better in the flesh than this professional photo as it's really a gunmetal grey rather than silver.
    She looks stunning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

take a pic of the real thing for the 'images of beauty' thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

CramCycle wrote: »
    She looks stunning

Did you just assume their gender? :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

was just on the genesis website. this is from their current catalogue. you had one job, etc.

20-equilibrium-hero-gallery-slide-1_1551372406_lg.jpg

Surely the problem here is that the chain is seemingly mid-shift?

yep, that was a weird mistake to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Anyone had any experience with Seasucker racks? Weighing up between one of their Mini Bomber racks or the usual roof bar Thule jobbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I have the seasucker Talon rack. No problems with it. I wanted something that I didn't have to leave on my car all the time. The talon only takes seconds to setup and one second to remove! I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

07Lapierre wrote: »
    I have the seasucker Talon rack. No problems with it. I wanted something that I didn't have to leave on my car all the time. The talon only takes seconds to setup and one second to remove! I'd recommend it.

Exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

I want to get one of these but have to convince the wife as it will be going on her car

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Miklos wrote: »
    Exactly what I wanted to hear, thank you!

Tip: carry an old bidon in your car with some water in it. Pour water on the area that you are "Sticking" the suction cups to. this ensures a really, really strong connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

The organisers of Tirreno Adriatico were caught on the hop yesterday when Roglic won the overall classification by 1 second. They had already printed the winners jersey for Adam Yates and tried to to present Roglic with a Michelton-Scott logo'd jersey. Queue an awkward podium moment caught by Eurosport cameras.
    https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1108030945133821952

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

It's on a day like today I wish I could go for a spin but I've training at 6am tomorrow then after work again and I already trained this morning plus a 5k at lunch. So need to not add in 50-60kms of a spin :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Today makes me realize why i try get out at lunch than evenings, roads are just full of cars, cuttign across bikes lane, at top of sandyford road when your turn left for super valu, i had the joy of two vans in the bike lane, and then a land rover cutting across me so he could turn left.

To get to point i had someone pull out on wrong side of road near bottom of cruagh road just after post office. Had hit breaks so just shrugged at him as he finally moved off, anyway id forgotten about it by time i got onto taylors lane only for himself to appear threatening to show me what he'd do to me if i had something to say to him.

He pulled in front of me then, so i went round, he stopped again alongside to threaten me and only drove off after id pulled camera out. He had a dublin accent but a northern reg navy blue jag if anyone saw it this evening, very distinct older model, staggering reaction to me shrugging at him pulling out on wrong side of road. Upsetting really

A positive cycling story on RTE news, that has went on for a few minutes, with no negative things said.

I left work early, I clearly was involved in an accident and am on the table in St. Vincents or Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

A positive cycling story on RTE news, that has went on for a few minutes, with no negative things said.

I left work early, I clearly was involved in an accident and am on the table in St. Vincents or Tallaght.

sorry to hear buddy, hope all is ok, i certainly seen today what one idiot can do to vulnerable road user.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Sorry to hear, hope you're ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Was that the RTE story or were you knocked off the bike? :confused:

• Advertisement

Was that the RTE story or were you knocked off the bike? :confused:

- I seem to have confused people.
    - There was a positive story about cycling on the six one news.
    - It did not involve me.
    - It involved two people Everesting on the Conor Pass and went on for a few minutes (the news section, I presume the cycling went on for a good bit longer).
    - It at no point mentioned negatives about cycling, was friendly, and impressive and overall a nice piece.
    - I was so shocked by a positive news story that lasted more than 30seconds on the TV that I presume I imagined it and am actually stuck in my own mind, teetering moments from death on the side of the N11.
    - The fact that no one got this joke means that, good news, there was a positive, no negatives, random story on the news about cycling. Bad news, no one gets my sense of humour.

Bad news, no one gets my sense of humour.
    maybe you got a knock on the head?

maybe you got a knock on the head?
    Well played sir, I'd tip my hat to you but its sore to move it for some reason :pac:

that first bike featured is genuinely interesting. interchangeable front and back wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

manafana wrote: »
    Today makes me realize why i try get out at lunch than evenings, ...

To get to point i had someone pull out on wrong side of road near bottom of cruagh road just after post office. Had hit breaks so just shrugged at him as he finally moved off, anyway id forgotten about it by time i got onto taylors lane only for himself to appear threatening to show me what he'd do to me if i had something to say to him.

He pulled in front of me then, so i went round, he stopped again alongside to threaten me and only drove off after id pulled camera out. He had a dublin accent but a northern reg navy blue jag if anyone saw it this evening, very distinct older model, staggering reaction to me shrugging at him pulling out on wrong side of road. Upsetting really

Had a similar experience as I got out for a short spin after work around Kildare/Meath. Someone in a jeep overtook me into a pair of blind bends, and I shook my head in disbelief.

I was then treated to some kind of weird courtship dance as he alternately swerved the car from side to side and braked - all thankfully a good 20-30 metres in front of me. After a while he got bored, the passenger gave me the finger and he drove off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

manafana wrote: »
    He had a dublin accent but a northern reg navy blue jag if anyone saw it this evening, very distinct older model, staggering reaction to me shrugging at him pulling out on wrong side of road. Upsetting really
    If you have the reg on camera, report it to revenue. A dublin accent shouldn't be driving a UK vehicle without re-registering it. They might seize the car...

Anyone here know anyone selling bolts with american/imperial threading

Anyone here know anyone selling bolts with american/imperial threading

Bolt Company in Ballycoolin maybe.

also wrong side of the city for you - i was recommended this place once but never got out there:

https://www.tucksfasteners.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Tucks don't seem to be the best lately. Try F.J.Keogh in Dublin Industrial Estate, Glasnevin.

Advertisement