Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peugeot roadbikes in the 90s

Options
  • 23-04-2018 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the gearing was on these types of bikes in the 90s? Or where I could get that information? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I had a 1988 Peugeot 653.
    It had 42-52 chainrings and 11-21 cassette

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

Crazy gearing compared to today's options. I had a peugot but can't remember if it was a 501 or a 531.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

The reason I'm asking is that two of us used to cycle a bit in the 90s and we used to climb up what's know locally as Horn Head in Dunfanaghy, Co.Donegal. It was a tough climb. But if we were able to go up there on a 42/24 then we should manage it now on a 36/28 surely? I haven't climbed it since 1998. I keep putting it off!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

just checked it out on strava - 3.2km @approx 6.5%. that's a good haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I had 53-39 on my old racer in the 90's with 11-21 on the back and I could climb anything in that gear probably because I was 140lbs at that stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement