Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 years of The Inbetweeners

• 23-04-2018 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Tuesday, 1st May marks 10 years since the premiere of The Inbetweeners on E4.

What are your favourite moments from, or episodes of, this timeless sixth-form sitcom?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The only thing I actually remember at all from this is....

Bus ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Will on the roller coaster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Fwennnnnnd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

When Will looked liked an ascitic Jew and went to buy alcohol. Walked into the office and uttered ‘good day’. And then proceeded to tell the shopkeeper that he was an adult. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭claresmurf

Will abusing Neil's dad was hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Hitting the special needs kid with the frisbee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

claresmurf wrote: »
    Will abusing Neil's dad was hilarious

****ing bumder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Would it get made now?

the dance scene from the first movie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Jay with the motorbike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Jugasaurus Rex

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Simon boking in Carly's sink in the first series after a two litre bottle of soft drink mixed with Neil's dad's 'bender' alcohol.

'It must've been something I ate'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The scene with those three pre-teen girls drinking outside the estate is hilarious and grim at the same time, and Jay's assertion that they "were alright" when he passed them earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Jay crying telling Will he had to break up with his girfriend because she was frigid and wouldn't have a threesome he organised with a top leser model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Simon's ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

"You just punched a fish to death"

That entire scene was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Try_harder wrote: »
    Simon's ball

And what Gilbert said after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Simon's troubles with Tara. Shouting at and punching his d*ck when it didn't work or his attempt at dirty talk: "I'm going to f*ck your f*cking f*nny off you twat!"

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

soap1978 wrote: »
    Jay with the motorbike

Hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

When Will boots the door down on the granny neighbour and she goes flying (when they mitched off)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

The camping trip was pretty fantastic, they burned all Will's stuff, destroyed Simon's crappy yellow Fiat and puked on each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What are your favourite moments from, or episodes of, this timeless sixth-form sitcom?

Wills mother... for crying out loud...
    The fashion show episode...
    Jay about football manager... cleared it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

skipper_G wrote: »
    The camping trip was pretty fantastic, they burned all Will's stuff, destroyed Simon's crappy yellow Fiat and puked on each other

"STOP BURNING MY THINGS!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

"Phil..... "

tenor.gif?itemid=5124586

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Great show. Still watch the repeats on the digital channels. It's the same generation I grew up in and all the characters are like someone from school.

Think Jay is my favourite because of his constant smart answers and whopping lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Loads of standout moments. Ones I’d sometimes youtube now and again:

- Jay on the motorbike
    - the scene in the caravan with Jay’s Dad relieving himself very loudly in the jacks while the boys had lettuce and crisp sandwiches made by Jay’s mum
    - bus ****
    - Will and his Calvin Klein black vest
    - Simon’s meltdown in the yellow Fiat when the guys are telling him how to drive / park and he ends up ripping the door off the car ;)
    - Jay ordering a round of beers with an Australian accent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Jay trying to close the laptop lid with the numb hand when someone walks into the room.

And one I saw just last night, Simon asking Carly was "having the builders in" a euphemism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

Neil: Oi, my dad does not have AIDS!
    Jay: Your dad is so AIDS. He's the one who gave it to monkeys.
    Neil: You take that back!
    Jay: That's what the monkeys said to him!

No it could not be made today, too many joyless losers would take offence to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Neil having a tryst with the granny in the film, christ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

When Jay calls Will a paedo for trying to get it on in the old folks home, he's corrected about the terminology and calls him an OAPeado.

Brilliant. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just so many funny bits, sadly wouldn't get made today even though the unPCness was intentional, it would go over peoples heads now as they would be so offended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

When Gilbert excuses himself from the meeting in order to laugh at Will being thrown into the lake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

YES LAUREN, IT'S A F**KING FISH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

What a show, I still re-watch regularly from time to time.

Although the characters are obviously exaggerated for effect I think we can nearly all relate to them in some form from our school days. We all know a Will, Simon, Jay and Neil

It probably finished at the right time. I wasn't as gone in the last season and following them in college wouldn't be the same. Socially awkward students like them don't stand out and won't be ridiculed like secondary school. making films instead was the right call for me

One of my favourite episodes is the 'We cum tit village' one, where Will is home alone and his eternal panic that anyone will do something out of place. Will is such a brilliantly acted character

Also loved the bunk off school one, where they all get drunk instead of going to classes.

Such a throwback to my own teenage days were people would do anything to get their hands on some alcohol, to fit in. The off licence scene was gold
    pc7 wrote: »
    Just so many funny bits, sadly wouldn't get made today even though the unPCness was intentional, it would go over peoples heads now as they would be so offended.

Fully agree. Don't think they'd get away with half of what they said today

They'd have to write out the Mr Gilbert, Neil's Dad, Carly, Charlotte characters probably

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Fieldog wrote: »
    Neil having a tryst with the granny in the film, christ..

Kitty don't bite

Now that she's had her cream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

The Duke of Edinburgh Award and The Fashion Show are possibly the funniest episodes of comedy I've ever seen.

The single funniest scene is when Will sauntered into the off licence dressed like a Hassidic Jew in the oversized suit. Good morning. I am an adult who has recently moved to the area.

The American remake was a dismal failure.

Apart from South Park, most comedy has been toned down in the past decade.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

When on their 'field trip', Mr. Kennedy comes into the room to rub Neil's legs and afterwards Jay turns to him and says "That's what you get for leading on paedos, you slag".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Crazy frog had me rolling on the floor laughing! :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeZsPCG74UM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

antodeco wrote: »
    When Will boots the door down on the granny neighbour and she goes flying (when they mitched off)

That was when he had the free gaff cos the mother was off getting the ride. Simon ended up missing his game of golf. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

"briefcase w@nker!"
    We still use that term in work these days to describe certain individuals!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

So many great memories! I don't think we'll ever see the Inbetweeners's like ever again. It was one of a kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The scene where Simon wants to swap shoes with the homeless dude:

Homeless dude: Gis a blowjob!

Simon: What?

Homeless dude: I'll gie you a blowjob?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The scene where Will is walking through the school corridor and everyone that passes him has an insult for him and he replies back to everyone with a smartarsed comment is brilliant.

"Oh I seem intelligent, how lovely of you to say I've long since been insecure about my capacity for learning, so it's nice to have it ratified by you, a child"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Yer one from caravan club turning around in horror to see Simon standing there with his jocks around his ankles and a jonny on

"I thought we should be safe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mehaffey1 wrote: »
    Simon boking in Carly's sink in the first series after a two litre bottle of soft drink mixed with Neil's dad's 'bender' alcohol.

'It must've been something I ate'

Man that episode.... MY neice was undergoing serious chemo back then and her mother (my sister) called in after a long day in the hospital and was obviously not thrilled with it all, we watched that episode and both nearly passed out laughing at will puking on carlys brother... That just came out of nowhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭rednoggin

I love how Neil always looks like he genuinely believes Jay's stories with awe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement