Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long are leaving cert scripts kept?

Options
  • 23-04-2018 8:32pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2

I’m curious into seeing how long Leaving Certificate scripts are kept to see if I could view them again and see where I went wrong purely for closure and to see if I could have gone along a different path. I did my leaving cert back in 2011. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No. It was 7 years ago. There would be over a million scripts per year. SEC do not keep exams for that long. While I don't know exactly what they do with them, I'd imagine they all go to the shredder after the appeals.

Honestly, it's time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

You have about two weeks (after results release) to request specific scripts to view. You then get a date about a week later when you can view the script. Appeals processes follow.

Its personal information and data protection legislation requires department to only retain scripts for as long as necessary. Scripts will generally be destroyed once all appeals processes are exhausted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

While I dont know for sure, I'd say they are gone by Christmas. They take up a lot of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Yep, they've been shredded long ago. Probably turned into mulch and are sitting under someone's rose bushes by now. Maybe even your own. :D

Think we can safely mark this "asked and answered" tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement