Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One off payment

Options
  • 23-04-2018 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am looking to make a one off payment to a car garage but its not allowing me to do so unless I set them up as a payee on my Account - Is there any way I can make a one off payment without having to wait 7 days for a pin code to be posted out to me before i can make the payment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

messrs wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to make a one off payment to a car garage but its not allowing me to do so unless I set them up as a payee on my Account - Is there any way I can make a one off payment without having to wait 7 days for a pin code to be posted out to me before i can make the payment?
    You can opt to have your pin sent by SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Hi

You can opt to have your pin sent by SMS
    I tried that, but its saying that I  have not activated my phone so i still need to get the activation pin number posted out to me in order to be able to make the transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi

Hi messers,

thanks for posting here on Boards.

If the garage have a card terminal, you can make your payment using your Visa Debit card. Your cleared balance is your limit for a Visa Debit transaction, however the garage may need to seek authorisation to accept your payment.

If your mobile isn't registered you'll need to receive a code by post to activate your phone before you can request a code to be sent by text message.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi

Hi messers,

If the garage have a card terminal, you can make your payment using your Visa Debit card. Your cleared balance is your limit for a Visa Debit transaction, however the garage may need to seek authorisation to accept your payment.

If your mobile isn't registered you'll need to receive a code by post to activate your phone before you can request a code to be sent by text message.

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane, Will the garage be able to process this transaction without me been there - can I give them my card details over the phone and have them take the funds out of my account that way ? - If so, do i need to contact my branch and pre authorise the amount I am paying or will someone contact me one the charge goes through?  Alternatively can i just go into a branch and complete a one of transaction that way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi

Hi messers,

Thanks again,
    Jane.
    Hi Jane, Will the garage be able to process this transaction without me been there - can I give them my card details over the phone and have them take the funds out of my account that way ? - If so, do i need to contact my branch and pre authorise the amount I am paying or will someone contact me one the charge goes through?  Alternatively can i just go into a branch and complete a one of transaction that way?
    Hi messers,

thanks for coming back to us here.

We'd advise that you check with the garage if they will process a card transaction this way for you. We'd advise that you send a message through your 365 online account, at the service desk, just to advise the branch that you will be making a large transaction.

You may still be contacted by Card security if the transaction is flagged with them, however there should be no issue making the transaction once the funds have cleared in your account.

Thanks again,
    Jane

• Advertisement
Advertisement