Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roma V Liverpool (2nd Leg) READ MOD WARNING IN FIRST POST

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

For the next leg?? :eek:

Why? It's an Isolated incident (as bad as traumatic as it is) these lads were scum as were the Liverpool fans who caused damage and injury while hurling objects at a bus.

Liverpool fans I'd say majority wouldn't be happy with that option even flights etc purchased.

With Roma it is not an isolated incident

In 2001, six Liverpool fans were stabbed around a UEFA Cup tie in Rome.

In 2006, three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed in the same city when attending a UEFA Cup tie.

A year later, five Manchester United fans were stabbed before a Champions League group game.

In 2009, a bus of Arsenal supporters was ambushed by Roma fans - they smashed the windows, stopped the bus, and one fan got on board and stabbed an English fan. Two months later, the Stadio Olimpico held the Champions League final.

In 2012, a Spurs fan received treatment for stab wounds following an assault by Roma fans.

And last year, Chelsea fans drinking in an Irish bar were attacked by masked Roma fans wielding metal bars.

That is just V English teams they do it with other visiting fans too, heck United had to issue travel advice for travelling fans when they played them last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Why? It's an Isolated incident (as bad as traumatic as it is) these lads were scum as were the Liverpool fans who caused damage and injury while hurling objects at a bus.

Liverpool fans I'd say majority wouldn't be happy with that option even flights etc purchased.

It’s really not an isolated incident, Roma fans have a history of this.

And to compare it to the damaging a bus is pretty disrespectful to the man who is intensive care in hospital as a result of being attacked by a group of scumbags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What goes through the mind of somebody that brings a hammer to a football match?

4B8347E800000578-5652919-One_Roma_supporter_was_pictured_carrying_a_hammer_on_his_way_to_-a-7_1524600766600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really?

Have not seen the lists of incidents(Attempted murders) involving Roma fans and fans from English clubs over the last 17 years when the team smeet.

In 2006, three Middlesbrough fans were stabbed in the same city when attending a UEFA Cup tie.

A year later, five Manchester United fans were stabbed before a Champions League group game.

In 2009, a bus of Arsenal supporters was ambushed by Roma fans - they smashed the windows, stopped the bus, and one fan got on board and stabbed an English fan. Two months later, the Stadio Olimpico held the Champions League final.

In 2012, a Spurs fan received treatment for stab wounds following an assault by Roma fans.

And last year, Chelsea fans drinking in an Irish bar were attacked by masked Roma fans wielding metal bars.

That is just V English teams they do it with other visiting fans too, heck United had to issue travel advice for travelling fans when they played them last
    UEFA seem to have a bias against English clubs when it comes to this stuff. Massive deals will be made of anything done by English fans but they seem to be far more victim than perpetrator. The trouble with the Russian fans a few years ago seemed like a joke really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's far from an isolated incident. Roma fans always seem to cause trouble.

Off the top of my head when Chelsea and United last played them there were fans badly hurt.

Edit: much more detail in citytilidie post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Really?

Have not seen the lists of incidents(Attempted murders) involving Roma fans and fans from English clubs over the last 17 years when the team smeet.

It goes further back than that - to 1984. I remember watching a documentary on Heysel and there was talk of a lot of trouble with Roma fans the year before. In effect, the Liverpool hooligan element wanted to “redeem themselves” against Juventus fans the following year in retaliation – the usual idiot mentality that all Italians are the same, of course – and then we saw what happened. Lots of innocent Juve fans lost their lives. What’s happened between Roma and other English clubs since then is a continuation of the Italian vs English hooligan ‘war’.

fyfe79 wrote: »
    It goes further back than that - to 1984. I remember watching a documentary on Heysel and there was talk of a lot of trouble with Roma fans the year before. In effect, the Liverpool hooligan element wanted to “redeem themselves” against Juventus fans the following year in retaliation – the usual idiot mentality that all Italians are the same, of course – and then we saw what happened. Lots of innocent Juve fans lost their lives. What’s happened between Roma and other English clubs since then is a continuation of the Italian vs English hooligan ‘war’.

Do not sugar coat it, it is just not English teams they attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

With all due respect I was referring to last nights match as an isolated incident as in where thousands of Roma fans attended and 2 tramps let their association with the football club down it wasn't a mass implosion of bad behavior. The 2 culprits have been arrested and should be dealt with accordingly with grounds for attempted murder.

While of course I don't disagree with your points on prior offences regarding Roma fans, my response initially was bafflement at the post suggesting playing a champions league semi second leg in an empty stadium.

With all due respect I was referring to last nights match as an isolated incident as in where thousands of Roma fans attended and 2 tramps let their association with the football club down it wasn't a mass implosion of bad behavior. The 2 culprits have been arrested and should be dealt with accordingly with grounds for attempted murder.

While of course I don't disagree with your points on prior offences regarding Roma fans, my response initially was bafflement at the post suggesting playing a champions league semi second leg in an empty stadium.

Yet you linked it to the Liverpool fans throwing bottles at the City bus.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

And to compare it to the damaging a bus is pretty disrespectful to the man who is intensive care in hospital as a result of being attacked by a group of scumbags

2 officers that were injured due to projectiles thrown, how dare you insinuate I deem property damage comparable to that poor guy.

That is because it is a certain set of Ultras from Roma who go out and cause trouble and plenty other normal people who follow Roma for the football and not the fights. Only thing about last night being isolated is the Ultras being caught and arrested and not let go like the Italian police would have done

Yet you linked it to the Liverpool fans throwing bottles at the City bus.

Not sure what you are saying here to be quite honest, Read my post properly I said both instances were the activity of scumbags, you disagree?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ianrush.jpg

Houlliers face.

:pac:

Not sure what you are saying here to be quite honest, Read my post properly I said both instances were the activity of scumbags, you disagree?

You stated it was and Isolated incident and when you were pulled up on the history of Roma fans towards English clubs and fans you said you were only talking about last night yet in the first post you were clearing linking past Incidents involving Liverpool fans throwing bottles as well.

Scumbags throwing bottles or Roma fans with a history of attempted murder on English fans there is a slight difference I would think myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Id a few United fan friends who went to Rome 5 years ago for a group stage,m they all said they feared for the lifes,

Roma fans are very nasty,
     I always feel Italy have the most dangerous club fans in Europe, There seems to be always hassle and stabbing even in Seria A games,
    Went to a game away to Inter years ago (Torres days) and they where trying to cause fights all over the shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

You are talking bollix

So only two Roma fans were to blame for last night?? Did you not see the footage of the huge mob that attacked the Liverpool fans at the time the man was seriously assaulted?

They all had weapons.

Lets think about that for a second. You cant bring screwdrivers and hammers on a flight. You need to arrive in Liverpool and go and buy these items before looking for a victim to use it on.

If you think that is comparable to shattering a window of a bus or breaking a wing mirror, you are deluded.

You are the one comparing it to Liverpool fans actions. Yes Liverpool fans misbehaved against the bus and a couple of officers got hurt. That will be dealt with. We are talking about a group of ultras who planned to kill someone!! Think about that. Ending someones life.

Yes Roma have a history of it and yes they should be forced to play behind closed doors. In fact I hope they are banned from next years CL.

Their fans are pure scum. Your comparison is stupid.

You stated it was and Isolated incident and when you were pulled up on the history of Roma fans towards English clubs and fans you said you were only talking about last night yet in the first post you were clearing linking past Incidents involving Liverpool fans throwing bottles as well.

Scumbags throwing bottles or Roma fans with a history of attempted murder on English fans there is a slight difference I would think myself.

Sit down son!

Yes I stated it was an Isolated incident at LAST NIGHTS game.

I wasn't "Pulled Up" :D It's a public forum, I know the reputation of Roma fans, others might not, I'll respect Citytillidie's contribution to open that discussion up with key points in response to my post even if I didn't mean Isolated in overall picture.

The link was that no stadium ban was imposed to Liverpool after being charged due to fans scumbaggery which is what poster suggested should happen Roma fans.

Id a few United fan friends who went to Rome 5 years ago for a group stage,m they all said they feared for the lifes,

Roma fans are very nasty,
     I always feel Italy have the most dangerous club fans in Europe, There seems to be always hassle and stabbing even in Seria A games,
    Went to a game away to Inter years ago (Torres days) and they where trying to cause fights all over the shop

To be honest its one of the few away destinations I wouldnt even consider. Its ridiculous that they are allowed to get away with it. If it was an English club they would have been thrown out of the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sit down son!

I wasn't "Pulled Up" :D It's a public forum, I know the reputation of Roma fans, others might not, I'll respect Citytillidie's contribution to open that discussion up with key points in response to my post even if I didn't mean Isolated in overall picture.

The link was that no stadium ban was imposed to Liverpool after being charged due to fans scumbaggery which is what poster suggested should happen Roma fans.

I didn't see last night in your post?

• Advertisement

Sit down son!

You were pulled up and rightfully so. Your talking out your arse.

Scumbaggery?? Grow up kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mr.H wrote: »

I'd leave him to it tbh.

Lets think about that for a second. You cant bring screwdrivers and hammers on a flight. You need to arrive in Liverpool and go and buy these items before looking for a victim to use it on.

Thought about it unlike you, you can bring tools on a plane they must go in the hold. Scumbags nonetheless

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I didn't see last night in your post?

Nope but #460 I clarified this. :rolleyes:

Poster (and posters clearly sorry) thought I was referring to overall picture which I have clarified I was not.

Here is from yesterday afternoon in Liverpool City Centre, those Roma "fans" where there to cause trouble no matter what

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-fan-thrown-ground-kicked-12420558

Sit down son!

Ah Daddy don't get all upset when you get pulled for being on the wind-up on the internet it's not good for your blood pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Cut it out now. The next stupid/inflammatory post will receive a card and a ban regardless of the number of cards they are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I posted the pic of a fan with a hammer, looking back on the video, the fan is standing beside whoever filmed the attack by Roma fans.He wasn't part of that group that charged up the street in the video.

• Advertisement

I just hope next weeks game is remembered for what happens on the pitch. Last nights game was a brilliant game (when only considering on the field activities). I hope Roma play as open next week and we see another few goals.

I know a lot was said about the fact they dont concede at home. But if they play like that I really cant see Liverpool not getting at least one. If Liverpool can hold Roma to two at the most I think we will go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

I just hope next weeks game is remembered for what happens on the pitch. Last nights game was a brilliant game (when only considering on the field activities). I hope Roma play as open next week and we see another few goals.

I know a lot was said about the fact they dont concede at home. But if they play like that I really cant see Liverpool not getting at least one. If Liverpool can hold Roma to two at the most I think we will go through.

Pretty sure ye will go through if Roma score 2 at most!

Pretty sure ye will go through if Roma score 2 at most!

:rolleyes: thanks for clarifying

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I posted the pic of a fan with a hammer, looking back on the video, the fan is standing beside whoever filmed the attack by Roma fans.He wasn't part of that group that charged up the street in the video.

Indeed, judging from the video the ultras looked liked they were all wearing the same clothes, denim jeans, white runners and dark jackets. The guy holding the hammer was a Liverpool fan. What the heck was he doing with a hammer?

Indeed, judging from the video the ultras looked liked they were all wearing the same clothes, denim jeans, white runners and dark jackets. The guy holding the hammer was a Liverpool fan. What the heck was he doing with a hammer?

It was a roma "fan"

Ah Daddy don't get all upset when you get pulled for being on the wind-up on the internet it's not good for your blood pressure.

Good boy, thanks for looking out for me :D

• Advertisement

Id say it was one of the guys from the stalls, the video was taken right at the stalls across from the Albert,
    So he'd have hammer for setting up .

Absolute cowards attacking a middle aged man on the street.

Id say it was one of the guys from the stalls, the video was taken right at the stalls across from the Albert,
    So he'd have hammer for setting up .

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

How about stop trying to use a tragic incident to wind people up

Winding up? Liverpool fan holding a hammer? which is clear as day from the picture.

How about trying not to act like all Liverpool fans are angels

• Advertisement

Winding up? Liverpool fan holding a hammer? which is clear as day from the picture.

Which pic?

The pic I saw it looked like a group of Roma fans.

Your attacking Liverpool fans only a day away from one of them almost being killed by Italian Ultras???

How about grow up?

I don't know if you've ever been to Stadium but the video is taking from where the stalls are right across from the Albert, All them guys have hammers for setting up and I'm sure when he seen what was going on he picked it up incase they came his way , Its very understandable,
    If you wanted trouble , u'd be at the Annie Road side of the ground where away fans are kept,
    I find it mad that that many Roma fans somehow made it around the Kop end its normally full of Police and not one in sight in the video ,

Which pic?

Your attacking Liverpool fans only a day away from one of them almost being killed by Italian Ultras???

How about grow up?

The person who was filming the attack away from the attackers, there was a fan clearly seen holding a hammer, which would've been a Liverpool fan. Your club has a very dark history, do you not remember that?

Which pic?

How about grow up?

The person who was filming the attack away from the attackers, there was a fan clearly seen holding a hammer, which would've been a Liverpool fan. Your club has a very dark history, do you not remember that?
    You say fan , the person in question has no red on him , Why is he a fan ?

As do all British clubs. So does Roma. In fact Roma have a very dark present!

But that has nothing to do with the fact a Roma fan tried to kill someone last night and not for the first time in recent seasons. Roma should be banned from Europe.

This happened where the home fans where entering the stadium. That means Roma fans came at them. Only one set of scumbags last night buddy

The guys who attacked that man weren't wearing any football colour's? Stop trying to make out that Liverpool have no bad eggs as fans, the majority clubs do. I'm just highlighting some points in which ye guys don't like to hear.

The guys who attacked that man weren't wearing any football colour's? Stop trying to make out that Liverpool have no bad eggs as fans, the majority clubs do. I'm just highlighting some points in which ye guys don't like to hear.

Roma fans are only ones who keep trying to kill people

what is your point ? That some clubs have bad eggs , this is true of every organisation in the world, In sport and in normal life, Thanks for that.,

A man who went to watch a football game looks like he will lose his life.,   is horrible no matter who you support .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you?

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you?

Might as well talk to the wall, ye cannot see the obvious. Take the blinkers off, good lads. I'm out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement