Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultster Bank Accts - Salary paid on Friday disappeared from balance today

• 24-04-2018 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Good morning everyone,

I've just experienced the weirdest issue with my UB current & savings accounts - the salary my company paid on Friday has disappeared without a trace. Even records of the payment are gone - and the situation seems to be the same for everyone in the office.

At this stage we aren't sure yet if it's an issue with the payments itself - which would be odd, as the money showed up to begin with, and people with other banking providers aren't experiencing the issue.

If you're with UB, you may want to check your balance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AGrownUpTheySay

Ooh, thanks for flagging - I transferred (using the app) a few quid from savings to current yesterday to ensure a direct debit would be covered and just checked now and it had gone back into savings, no record of it leaving.

Have just transferred again so fingers crossed it stays put now.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Yeah, payroll in the office are trying to get some answers from them as I type.

So - in your case, a transfer you made looks like it never happened? Starts to sound like a system backup was restored...

• Registered Users Posts: 20 AGrownUpTheySay

Yep, transfer just not appearing - balance in savings account as if it never happened, same in current.

Great Jupiter...so here we go again with UB; Third major cockup in what, 6 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It is all over social media and journal.ie have reported on the issue.

So glad I left UB on the last occasion they left me with no money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,422 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That's some serious fu(k up alright

Just saw the Journal.ie article; I don't have a Twatter account :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Yep having the same issue here. Paid my rent on Sunday and it's back today in my account. Glad I have moved to N26 for my day to day spending; just hope the landlord is in an understanding mood!
    Have just transferred again so fingers crossed it stays put now.

Hope you get your issue resolved.

On twitter they're recommending not to repeat transactions. I suppose for fear that they go through twice when this is resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Great Jupiter...so here we go again with UB; Third major cockup in what, 6 years?

Third?

It's way more than that.

Unfortunately, my personal loan with them is still showing I owe them money :(

Judging by their severe lack of investment in in-branch technology and general IT systems, I would suspect they will be selling their banking unit in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,711 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

They offshored their work to India a few years ago, and made all of their Irish based IT staff redundant. Then the huge scheduler issue happened. The latest mistake is down to "human error" according to the Journal.ie. No doubt someone in India made that mistake. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The way they treat their customers with contempt on the rare occasions when their IT system IS workingwould certainly lead one to believe they are going to abandon Ireland.

Advertisement