Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Wireless door contact - intermittent tamper

Options
  • 24-04-2018 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Have a wireless door sensor which intermittently goes into tamper alarm every so often for typically under 10 secs.

Has been in soak for about 3 weeks since waking us up 3 or 4 times so I can monitor and see what is going on

Unit has brand new (actually second brand new just for good luck) battery.

Signal strength similar to other wireless devices

Have swapped its location to move it closer to the control panel but to no avail

In a similar vain just one of the wired PIRs also goes open/closed every so often - its a point device - have fully cleared the lens etc for spiders - but again its also in soak as it throws an open-contact every so often

Any advice - or is it simpler to replace them both

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do the lid seem like its tightly closed and on a good flat surface?
    It could be just a faulty device?
    How old is the unit itself?
    Is the Point ID PiR wired directly to the panel?
    I am not a big fan of Point ID devices. They can be very unforgiving of any power fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

KoolKid wrote: »
    Do the lid seem like its tightly closed and on a good flat surface?
    seems so - have even blow out the box with compressed air
    It could be just a faulty device?
    that is my thinking
    How old is the unit itself?
    5 years
    Is the Point ID PiR wired directly to the panel?
    I believe they are "star" wired out from the panel
    I am not a big fan of Point ID devices. They can be very unforgiving of any power fluctuations.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭fclauson

looks like wireless door contact has a fault - both mirco switches clearly click - and tamper jumper fully screwed in - but tapping sensor produces a number of tamper alerts - so one of the micro's must have dirty contacts or something - device has been on back door which has been opened & slammed endlessly for 5 years

Advertisement