Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Crankset tool ID

Options
  • 24-04-2018 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Trying to install an FSA BB386 crankset, usually it's a 10mm allen key that's need for the self extracting bolt, this one however has a 12 spline socket, and I'm damned if I can fine the correct tool anywhere online. The instruction manual just says it's an 'FSA Socket Tool' but when I search for that nothing seems as if it will fit. The tool is probably no more than 1cm in diameter judging by the size of the socket. Anyway, picture below, it's the centre socket I need the tool for, if anyone knows what I need and where I can get it in a bit of a hurry I'd very much appreciate it (obviously I can get onto FSA but ideally I'd like to get this either in Dublin or online quickly)...

2rz2wjq.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Are you sure that 10mm or 12mm allen will not fit in this?

In my XT wheel hub there is also 12 spline interface that 14mm allen fits just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Would you believe, it never occurred to me to try the 10mm allen key. Fits perfectly... Thanks!

Advertisement