Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Post Boxes

Options
  • 24-04-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey, just wondering what people’s views are on large residential post boxes?
    I am forever going to the post office and collection points to pick up deliveries that I’ve missed. Is this a common problem and if so is there a product that can hold the delivery until I get home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 grattanoh

Yeah I looked at that, but it’s too small, the postman needs a key so that’s no good for other delivery companies and it has no letter slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I also have this problem and have yet to find any kind of solution.

The problem with an posts offering is that only they can use it so its useless for the likes of DPD etc.

Considering putting some kinda small site box on the side of the house and when a driver calls i can tell him to place it in and lock the lock.

But i would be concerned that having something like that might bring too much attention to the house....even though i do live in a nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 grattanoh

I also have this problem and have yet to find any kind of solution.

The problem with an posts offering is that only they can use it so its useless for the likes of DPD etc.

Considering putting some kinda small site box on the side of the house and when a driver calls i can tell him to place it in and lock the lock.

But i would be concerned that having something like that might bring too much attention to the house....even though i do live in a nice area.

Chillinpenguin,

Check out adverts. I’ve sourced a handful of large post boxes that should solve this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

grattanoh wrote:
    Yeah I looked at that, but it’s too small, the postman needs a key so that’s no good for other delivery companies and it has no letter slot.

Sorry, missed the 'other collection points' bit in OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Connorc1984

Yes I have seen this particular post box on adverts.ie. It's exactly what I'm looking for, large enough to store large parcel safely. Just ordered mine today, great value too. Can't wait to set it up. ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Advertisement