Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8'x4' car trailer

• 24-04-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Im shopping around for a car trailer and noticed a difference in quoted size between the type I want - something to do with regulations I think.
    Twin axle general purpose are 8'2"x4'2"
    Single axle car trailer are 8'x4'

I want among other things to be able to carry sheets of 8'x4' plywood in it. Don't laugh now but will they fit in the 8'x4' single axle car trailer? I rang the manufacturer - Murphy Trailers - and they said it would but would be very tight.
    I don't doubt them but as with anything coming out of a factory there will be slight differences in dimensions - of the ply sheets that is.
    Anyone have any issues with this kind of thing? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

thelurcher wrote: »
    I don't doubt them but as with anything coming out of a factory there will be slight differences in dimensions - of the ply sheets that is.

Dry Plywood sheets will be dead on the 8'x4' (NOT 1200x2400), down to the last thou almost, especially on the width which is the most important measurement in order to fit in trailer as easy take off tailboard.

But saying that you don't want them wedged in it. An inch either side is nothing in order to be able to handle them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thelurcher

If I was getting a lot I'd just get them delivered so for the sake of a couple of sheets I could put them in at an angle.
    I was thinking length was where I'd get caught - tailboard on would be way handier but it won't kill me to put on a few straps.

Advertisement