Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christine and The Queens, RDS Main Hall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

€55? Really think that's a stretch for an artist with what, one album with a wide non-francophone release. How many can the RDS Main Hall hold? What was the last non-festival gig there?

I'd be surprised if this sells out but what do I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

€55? Really think that's a stretch for an artist with what, one album with a wide non-francophone release. How many can the RDS Main Hall hold? What was the last non-festival gig there?

You read my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Saw her at Glastonbury a couple of years ago. She was SPECTACULARLY annoying. The only reason we didn't move was because we had a shelter and it was p*ssing down at the time. Each to their own though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

3500, it wont sell out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

that is absolute lunacy..... just for comparison's sake for the same price you can get a lucky dip ticket to see the rolling stones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

busterp wrote: »
    that is absolute lunacy..... just for comparison's sake for the same price you can get a lucky dip ticket to see the rolling stones

I doubt that the average Christine fan would be interested in the stones. They are after totally different markets.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I saw them at Longitude in 2016 and enjoyed their set much more than I thought I would but not enough to spend €55 on another ticket just to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

I seem to remember Interpol playing the Main Hall back in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

She sounds like a ventriloquist's dummy in interviews in terms of parroting out current trendy political opinions but despite that she's brilliant live.

I reckon there's probably a new album and heavy promo tour on the way before November.

Would have thought Olympia would be tailor made for this gig, RDS Main Hall is a soulless dump.

• Advertisement

Tonights show has been cancelled at the last minute.

Seems very dubious .

https://mcd.ie/cancellation-notice-christine-queens-rds/
    Christine and the Queens and MCD are sorry to announce that following medical advice, tonight’s performance at The RDS has been cancelled due to illness.

Despite everyone’s best efforts including those of Chris’s doctors throughout the day, she was unable to overcome a viral infection.

Christine and the Queens would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise to all fans for any inconvenience and disappointment caused.

Refunds are available from point of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 newb990

Zardoz wrote: »

Seems very dubious .

Thanks for posting. I was literally just about to head out. Very disappointed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Had just arrived to be told... Bull****

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Got a ticket on toutless. Shi!te

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seems very dubious .

Wonder was it ticket sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Seems very dubious .

Wonder was it ticket sales?
    Not that late.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

47093198_10157039696719548_6022543888529489920_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=eb2a585ac68ffefdb06b1cf80e15e947&oe=5C70B6E6

Peter File wrote: »
    Not that late.

Its been cancelled though not postponed which is a bit unusual.
    No effort at all to reschedule it seems which would indicate poor ticket sales .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Loads of gigs are cancelled and then rescheduled. Kylie Minogue was a recent high profile one that was "cancelled" late. Not postponed, but cancelled, then rescheduled the following week.

I'd expect a rescheduling, and hopefully in a different venue as the RDS is brutal,

It's very hard to reschedule so late. Flight of the concords was a good few weeks before it was rescheduled

Weepsie wrote: »
    Loads of gigs are cancelled and then rescheduled. Kylie Minogue was a recent high profile one that was "cancelled" late. Not postponed, but cancelled, then rescheduled the following week.

I'd expect a rescheduling, and hopefully in a different venue as the RDS is brutal,

It's very hard to reschedule so late. Flight of the concords was a good few weeks before it was rescheduled

The Kylie gig was "cancelled" but she and promoters expressly said on the day across all media that it would be rescheduled.

This has not happened here. RDS wasn't right venue for Christine. Shame as she is really good and so is the new album. Would have sold out in a jot for Olympia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

These day-of cancellations becoming a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wooderson wrote: »

People are fed up of being treated as pinatas, the promoters promise so much to artists, sick of being charged a small fortune, Dublin dwellers are lucky in a way, pop into a gig on a school night and take the bus home. Easy.

The RDS is a crap venue, for any artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wooderson wrote: »

Don't think I'll get over Phoenix doing that. Drove up to Dublin and as soon as got there, got the email. Long way to go for just a dinner ultimately

Would love someone to come in with tech to disrupt the whole promoter stack. “Uber” the hell out of the duopoly here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I read recently that only once 85% of tickets are sold are gigs worth it for acts.

Wrong venue, 2 nights in smaller venue would have been well worth her while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Birneybau wrote: »
    I read recently that only once 85% of tickets are sold are gigs worth it for acts.

Where did you read this?

vicwatson wrote: »
    People are fed up of being treated as pinatas, the promoters promise so much to artists, sick of being charged a small fortune, Dublin dwellers are lucky in a way, pop into a gig on a school night and take the bus home. Easy.

The RDS is a crap venue, for any artist.

I'm heading to Honorary Irish Citizen Nile Rodgers tonite at the same venue.

Hope I don't end up singing "Get Lucky" all on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Mushy wrote: »
    Don't think I'll get over Phoenix doing that. Drove up to Dublin and as soon as got there, got the email. Long way to go for just a dinner ultimately
    Exact same thing happened with me and Kylie. Had literally checked in to my hotel when I got the cancellation text! Luckily the hotel were great and allowed me to use the cost of that night as credit against another stay in the same hotel a couple of weeks later.

But yep,these same day cancellations are becoming the norm unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

There should be some form of compensation for cancellations. Especially so late like this. I'm not talking about people ticket-holders making money off it, not looking for 100K for emotional distress at not seeing an act. But costs should be covered as long as valid receipts are provided: Travel, (Especially public/hired travel like a shared bus), accommodation etc.

As someone has said, for people living in Dublin we just hop on a bus/train but there are many who travel. My sister went to Edel last year in Wembley. well, tried to go. When they got there she cancelled the concert. It happens. I'm not saying she should have performed if she was sick/unable. But surely the promoters should have insurance for this. Of course, I suppose they would add a further 20 quid to each ticket.

• Advertisement

There should be some form of compensation for cancellations. Especially so late like this. I'm not talking about people ticket-holders making money off it, not looking for 100K for emotional distress at not seeing an act. But costs should be covered as long as valid receipts are provided: Travel, (Especially public/hired travel like a shared bus), accommodation etc.

As someone has said, for people living in Dublin we just hop on a bus/train but there are many who travel. My sister went to Edel last year in Wembley. well, tried to go. When they got there she cancelled the concert. It happens. I'm not saying she should have performed if she was sick/unable. But surely the promoters should have insurance for this. Of course, I suppose they would add a further 20 quid to each ticket.

Valid points. Whilst Irish people put up with this crap, we’ll continue to be fecked around however. Promoters have it far too easy.

Advertisement