Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incubus, September 11th, Bord Gais Energy Theatre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

69 quid with ticketmaster fees included. Cheeky B**tards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

sugarman wrote: »
    Might have went if tickets were in the €40-45 range ...€65 is too much for a band whos best days have passed them near on 15 years now. Their last 2 albums are shockingly bad. Choice of venue doesn't help their cause either.

you should start those sentences with "I think" or "in my opinion"....cause in my opinion last two albums were brilliant ..definitely in comparison to most of the nonsense other rock bands have been releasing...their last albums are never going to be like their first, they're not spotty teenagers anymore angry with the world...etc

anyways fair ****s to them, most of the other bands avioding ireland...no money to be made here...loads of taxes and most celtic cubs now wana hear jay z

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

Is it true you cannot bring your beer into the theatre? If that the case all seating and no drink sounds like a pretty lame show. I saw them in London in 2015 and they were class, but this doesn't sound like the making of a decent gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Rossdoc81 wrote: »
    Is it true you cannot bring your beer into the theatre? If that the case all seating and no drink sounds like a pretty lame show. I saw them in London in 2015 and they were class, but this doesn't sound like the making of a decent gig.

Yes, you cannot bring the drink into the theatre.
    The drink in there is a right rip off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Here’s a tip. If you’re paying 60 odd euro for a ticket could you not wait two hours without a drink?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sugarman wrote: »
    seachto7 wrote: »
    You'd spend at least €20 getting to Belfast. Add in some food etc. I agree with you about going to see bands often. I'm only going to see bands I REALLY likfe from now on. I'm done with Three Arena gigs too. Overpriced, and not a good experience.

I wasnt suggesting traveling to Belfast! I was complaining about the price difference of €17 a head between there and here, a 2hr drive away. You could understand it if the band were playing a host of mainland UK dates and traveled specifically to Dublin for 1 gig, then it would probably warrant the additional price hike to cover the logistics of traveling to and from here with their gear and stage setup. But you'd image its minimal going between Belfast and Dublin.

I had a look at the rest of their European tour dates and we're by far the most expensive of the lot. Prices vary from €45-50.

As I said, its promoters and ticket agents here getting away with murder with outrages "booking fees" and "process fees" on top of a bit of paddy tax.

Not to mention promoters skimping on support acts here... Take The Rolling Stones gig next month, the UK gets Liam Gallagher, Florence & the Machine and Elbow to name a few... well known acts. We get The Academic! Id to look them up. Theyre a bunch of kids from Mullingar barely out of nappies playing pop rock, they look like a boy band. You see entertainment better in your local! They just dont warrant opening for the Stones! ...and you see it all the time, its same aul acts.. The likes of the Coronas, The Stypes etc...

The Academic ? Jesus wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Are you not capable of enjoying yourself without a beer in your hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

So is anyone actually looking forward to Incubus or are you just here to bitch about gig prices?

Personally i haven't seen them live so am looking forward to it. One of my favorite bands from my younger days and hoping they play some classics. Its a shame its in the Bord Gais - seated venues make no sense for gigs. I accidentally ended up with 2 sets of 2 tickets because of ticketmasters website - selling to a friend and we wont be able to be near each other for the gig because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

It took a while but this seems to be sold out now. Their tour starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looking like I won't be able to sell my ticket so I might as well go and limit my spending ha

3 weeks to go

• Advertisement

i presume the Dublin show will be over by 23.45 ?? last bus back home leaves then from Bus Aras

Am i right in thinking Bus Aras and the Bord Gais are walking distance from each other ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

20 minute walk or so

20 minute walk or so

Cool

Thinking if I wanted to be lazy get the Luas from bus aras to mayor square/nci and then walk over Beckett bridge and the venue is only a very short walk from there

Might have a buyer for my ticket so not sure will i still be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Put together a Spotify playlist to give an idea of the songs they've been playing on a couple of dates of the European tour.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Put together a Spotify playlist to give an idea of the songs they've been playing on a couple of dates of the European tour.

Any mention of a support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No idea, I'm afraid. The Academy is usually good for info, other venues less so

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I believe the support act is a singer called Ecca Vandal - she played last night and is also listed for the Brixton Academy gig.

some nice viewing to get ready for next tuesday :D:D

Actually hyped for Tuesday

Drive and Meglomanic were regulars for me in my iPod back in the day

What id give to have a line up of Incubus, Jimmy eat World and Hoobastank. Pure early noughites

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Any suggestions for a bit to eat in the area before the gig ? Cheap and cheerful if possible. Quite broke :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

Any idea what time incubus will get on stage at?.. Not really excited about the backing act so want to time it just about right.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a bit to eat in the area before the gig ? Cheap and cheerful if possible. Quite broke :(
    dont expect anything cheap around the area or in the theatre. best thing is to get food in the city centre and go out to the venue then much cheaper
    gre wrote: »
    Any idea what time incubus will get on stage at?.. Not really excited about the backing act so want to time it just about right.

doors open at 7pm and id say the support will be on at 7.30 ish and incubus prob on between 8-8.45pm.

Getting the bus up at 3pm looking forward to it. better than sitting in a pub watching Ireland get hammered by Poland :D:D

Cheers pal

According to someone on one of the Facebook event pages Incubus on stage 9pm-10.50 ??

Ya seems so pal:)

€6.40 a pint in the ferryman seriously Dublin

I don't think I'd like the prices in temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

That was just a tiny bit awesome :)

Thought the light show was fantastic.

Really enjoyed that

Pretty good venue bar the high prices for everything, no phone coverage inside the theatre so no snap chatting and all that. Setlist was good but would of loved to of heard a few older songs like 'Nice to know you', 'Pantomine' etc but what can u do. Last show of the euro tour too

Really happy i went in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Great gig. Awesome atmosphere.

Chris Issack - Wicked game cover was great.

Song of the night for me was "Wish you were here" with Pink Floyd outro.

Missing "Nice to know you"

My second Incubis gig. Will go to see them again if ever have a chance.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that

Pretty good venue bar the high prices for everything, no phone coverage inside the theatre so no snap chatting and all that. Setlist was good but would of loved to of heard a few older songs like 'Nice to know you', 'Pantomine' etc but what can u do. Last show of the euro tour too

Really happy i went in the end

Brilliant gig, great set, afew other songs I would’ve liked to have heard but that’s the same at all gigs I suppose

The only thing I could complain about is the prices of beer and food though as said above... €1.50 for a bag of crisps if I wanted it!! 6.50-7.00 for watery beer .... terrible! It’s not just board gains though... pints even more expensive in templebar.... city is ruined with greed....

Advertisement