Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incubus, September 11th, Bord Gais Energy Theatre

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Great gig, I thought the sound was a bit rubbish though. Light show was great.

The crowd belting drive back to them was very cool.

Not a fan of gigs in theatres. My legs and back were much more sore after that than after a night at a music festival. The inability to properly move around is the cause.

Did anyone else see the bananas being thrown to and eaten by Jose Pasillas while he was drumming?

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

PTH2009 wrote: »
    €6.40 a pint in the ferryman seriously Dublin

I don't think I'd like the prices in temple bar
    Not much worse in Templebar, they're facebook/Google prices in that area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Really enjoyed that

Pretty good venue bar the high prices for everything, no phone coverage inside the theatre so no snap chatting and all that. Setlist was good but would of loved to of heard a few older songs like 'Nice to know you', 'Pantomine' etc but what can u do. Last show of the euro tour too

Really happy i went in the end

If thats by design then thats a great idea

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

I take half of ye have never been to Dublin before lol prices have always been like the above... Sound stage set up all class loved the show incubus are amazing!.. I just wish Brandon would interact more the other guys could too but that's their way I guess.. I'll go again for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Enjoyed the gig, good setlist, but found the BGT strange for a gig. Sure enough, everyone stood immediately which was grand and made it a little less weird and there are definite plus and minus points to having "your space." I suppose there has to be a happy medium of some sorts between The Academy and the 3 Arena.

Screens were pretty cool and light show was great (nearly went blind with some of the flashing white light though!). Sound was....ok.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the gig, good setlist, but found the BGT strange for a gig. Sure enough, everyone stood immediately which was grand and made it a little less weird and there are definite plus and minus points to having "your space." I suppose there has to be a happy medium of some sorts between The Academy and the 3 Arena.

Screens were pretty cool and light show was great (nearly went blind with some of the flashing white light though!). Sound was....ok.

found the images to be cheap enough and reminded me of the old Windows media player screen effects thing but thats just me and didnt take away from my enjoyment

So arenas in Dublin largest to smallest
    3Arena- BGET- Olympia- Vicar Street- Academy-Tivoli-Whelans/Grand Social etc. Where would the Gaiety, NCH, Helix fit in ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

found the images to be cheap enough and reminded me of the old Windows media player screen effects thing but thats just me and didnt take away from my enjoyment

So arenas in Dublin largest to smallest
    3Arena- BGET- Olympia- Vicar Street- Academy-Tivoli-Whelans/Grand Social etc. Where would the Gaiety, NCH, Helix fit in ???.

Venues you mean most would only consider the 3arena the only arena in Dublin, the rest theatres, Those you've listed after Vicar st can't even be defined as arenas as no seats surrounding floor in them :pac: .

To answer they have bigger caps than the Olympia but all in the <2k range so somewhere alongside Bord Gais.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Olympia might have been a better spot for it. But it can only hold around 1,600 in its standing config compared to 2100 of the BGT.
    I imagine if they went with the Olympia it might have been a bit cheaper too.

There's no place with ~2000 & standing in Dublin which is a shame. Dublin needs something that cvna handle the 2000 - 4000 range for concerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

gre wrote: »
    I take half of ye have never been to Dublin before lol prices have always been like the above

I've worked in that area for the last 25 years and I can assure you that prices have not always been close to €6.40 a pint. It's a Google/Facebook/Airbnb bump for sure.

Haven't been in the Ferryman for a while because I find their bar staff to be pig ignorant but I'm surprised that pints are €6.40. Met a friend for a pint in The Quays in Temple Bar on the same evening and pints of larger were 'only' €6.70 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

When they were building the 3arena they really should of looked the o2 arena in London model and build a smaller venue on the same premises

The o2 arena has the normal big arena and then has the Indigo there too which has a small capacity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭gre

SteM wrote: »
    I've worked in that area for the last 25 years and I can assure you that prices have not always been close to €6.40 a pint. It's a Google/Facebook/Airbnb bump for sure.

Haven't been in the Ferryman for a while because I find their bar staff to be pig ignorant but I'm surprised that pints are €6.40. Met a friend for a pint in The Quays in Temple Bar on the same evening and pints of larger were 'only' €6.70 there.

Been like that for the last 5/6 years pal all around the quays temple bar is way worse! ..glad I'm from the south lol

Advertisement