Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boat Loans/Marine Financing in Ireland

• 24-04-2018 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20

Does anyone have any information on which, if any, Irish financial institutions offer boat loans? Google search results reveal very little information pertaining to which companies provide them.

I'm considering getting one but I would like to know what the requirements are and be able to compare each bank so that I am ready when the time comes to make my purchase.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'd say most of the big brokers like MGM would have their own financing might be worth giving them a ring to see whats involved and what the cost will be pretend your interested in one of their boats you never know you might even find one you like :) The Credit union also do boat loans at good rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 heyitsfranklin

fergal.b wrote: »
    I'd say most of the big brokers like MGM would have their own financing might be worth giving them a ring to see whats involved and what the cost will be pretend your interested in one of their boats you never know you might even find one you like :) The Credit union also do boat loans at good rates.

Thanks for the tip! I checked www.creditunion.ie and their website doesn't say a thing about boat loans :rolleyes: I'll check MGM as well... I wasn't sure if they do their own financing or if they just find a third party lender for you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Gone are the days when Banks are pushing boat loans, an asset that can be hidden or moved out of the jurisdiction. I'd imagine Fergla's advice is likely the best port of call.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sorry thats Link credit union not sure if they are part of the same group http://linkcu.ie/vehicle-loans/

Advertisement