Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing PLC

Options
  • 24-04-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, so I have a question that I can't find the answer to.

I did my Leaving Cert last year and was happy with my results. However all the level 8 courses i'm interested in require a portfolio aswell, so I figured i'd do a PLC to help me make one. I didn't get into a portfolio preporation PLC and was told a course in multimedia would be more suited. I got my points for my portfolio recently and should get into the course I want to do in September.

However I have my PLC down on the CAO, but I probably won't pass it because I was prioritizing making a portfolio. So i'm wondering could a college not accept me on the basis of failing a PLC, despite having enough points with my Leaving Cert + Portfolio points?

Advertisement