Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Utterly shoddy

Options
  • 24-04-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My father passed away just over a month ago, the phone bill was in his name, my mother wanted to change the bill to her name as eir won't discuss issues with anyone but the named person, cue a series of fruitless and confusing phonecalls which resulted in eir cutting the service with no warning leaving a 76 year old woman wondering what was going on, they made no attempt to contact her beforehand, all bills were paid up to date and despite the fact she made clear she wanted to simply keep things as they were, after a weekend with no service I rang to see what the story is, they made her open an entirely new account, changed the phone number of 20 years without explanation, told her she couldn't pay at the post office like she has always done and prefers, and sent a modem out despite the fact she has one. This is not how this should have been dealt with and it shows a completely screwed up system, this won't be an unusual case and I don't understand why something so simple took so many phone calls to achieve, only to have the end result be a total inconvenience, especially for a woman her age.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Itslupus wrote: »
    My father passed away just over a month ago, the phone bill was in his name, my mother wanted to change the bill to her name as eir won't discuss issues with anyone but the named person, cue a series of fruitless and confusing phonecalls which resulted in eir cutting the service with no warning leaving a 76 year old woman wondering what was going on, they made no attempt to contact her beforehand, all bills were paid up to date and despite the fact she made clear she wanted to simply keep things as they were, after a weekend with no service I rang to see what the story is, they made her open an entirely new account, changed the phone number of 20 years without explanation, told her she couldn't pay at the post office like she has always done and prefers, and sent a modem out despite the fact she has one. This is not how this should have been dealt with and it shows a completely screwed up system, this won't be an unusual case and I don't understand why something so simple took so many phone calls to achieve, only to have the end result be a total inconvenience, especially for a woman her age.
    Hi Itslupus, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your father, please accept my deepest condolences.

I'm afraid under data protection we can only make changes on an account with the account holder directly. For the name to be changed on an account it has to be cancelled and a new one set up, I'm sorry this was not explained to your mother correctly. I'll pass this feedback on for you. 

If you are not an authorised user on the account, I would suggest putting the new account into your own name or adding yourself as a user for future reference. If you are an authorised user, feel free to PM me the account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I can have a look at this for you. I will only be able to give you information on the account, I wouldn't be unable to make any changes, unfortunately. To get the new account up and running your mother would need to contact our customer care team on 1901 and they'll organise this for her, we are unable to arrange callbacks from here. 

I understand this must be a difficult time and I'm really sorry for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement